What's new

YJ-12

Can it be carried on the centerline hard point of a JF-17?

Seems as if the new YJ-12 is not as huge as expected at first ... Just take a look at a YJ-83K under a H-6G and a YJ-12 under the same bomber at roughly the same size it is larger by a factor of 1.46. Given a length of the YJ-83K of 5.14 m I come to an estimated length of about 7.52 m !

Deino

View attachment 248888 View attachment 248889

Surely NOT ! Even if my estimating sure includes several mistakes a missile of about 7m length can simply never be carried under a JF-17. The YJ-12 is simply too large & too heavy.

Deino

Wight of this missile is?

Surely NOT ! Even if my estimating sure includes several mistakes a missile of about 7m length can simply never be carried under a JF-17. The YJ-12 is simply too large & too heavy.

Deino

Wight of this missile is?

About 1.5t

Sorry, I think so far no-one from us knows the true weight of that missiele.

Anyway even if my estimation is not 100% correct, a missile of such a size - and let it only be 7m long - is simply too long and too heavy for the JF-17. That would nearly be half the length on the fighter, the space between fuselage and ground ... and even more a missile of similar size, the Brahmos, the KD-63 are much heavier than 1.5 t !

I really don't know how heavy it is, but for the JF-17 ... simply no chance !

Deino

Anyway even if my estimation is not 100% correct, a missile of such a size - and let it only be 7m long - is simply too long and too heavy for the JF-17. That would nearly be half the length on the fighter, the space between fuselage and ground ... and even more a missile of similar size, the Brahmos, the KD-63 are much heavier than 1.5 t !

Deino
Hi, do you think that China can come up with a see skimming variant of CM 400 AKG?

With a range of 400km, wouldn't it be apt to have it integrated with either heavier fighters or Y-8 MPAs?

Deino

I think you are kidding?

Hi, do you think that China can come up with a see skimming variant of CM 400 AKG?

Sea skimming AShMs are air breathing sub sonic cruise missiles. CM-400 is designed as a ultra high speed top attack missile. Its impact velocity is hypersonic.

Dude you know i'm a layman when it comes to AShMs, right? So pray tell, why do you think that i am kidding?

Sea skimming AShMs are air breathing sub sonic cruise missiles. CM-400 is designed as a ultra high speed top attack missile. Its impact velocity is hypersonic.
Not neccessarily. YJ 19, Kh-31A and Brahmos are supersonic/hypersonic sea skimming AShMs.

rumour has it that yj-12 is tested on j-15..??

Deino
You mean the 2 t data for KD63 from the web? I'm not very confident with with the number

cm400-akg is purely a air lauched guided rocket at the moment, so there is no skimming variant. But I think this is technologically possible, but with much reduced range. So I'd rather it increasing the mobility but not skimming ability as it is already highly speedy and hard to intercept

...I think you are kidding?

Sorry to ask, but why ?? Du to my - most likely not really correct - comparison to the Brahmos ?

Anyway if You simply look at the size of that missile, the fact that - regardless the unknown ecact dimensions and weight - we have so far it only seen on a H-6 bomber it is simply impossible to carry such a huge store under the fuselage. If I'm not completely wrong, the JF-17 is rated for overall up to 3,629 kg (8,001 lb) of sores ... so let this missile weight "only" 1.5 t ... IMO no chance. We are unsure if a Flanker can carry that monster, so surely not the tiny JF-17.

When I'm back home I will try to scale a size comparison of the YJ-12 vs. the JF-17.

Deino

Sorry to ask, but why ?? Du to my - most likely not really correct - comparison to the Brahmos ?

Anyway if You simply look at the size of that missile, the fact that - regardless the unknown ecact dimensions and weight - we have so far it only seen on a H-6 bomber it is simply impossible to carry such a huge store under the fuselage. If I'm not completely wrong, the JF-17 is rated for overall up to 3,629 kg (8,001 lb) of sores ... so let this missile weight "only" 1.5 t ... IMO no chance. We are unsure if a Flanker can carry that monster, so surely not the tiny JF-17.

When I'm back home I will try to scale a size comparison of the YJ-12 vs. the JF-17.

Deino

I think he was replying to RAMPAGE's comment regarding a sea-skimming variant of the CM-400AKG.

Back
Top Bottom