YJ-12

cirr

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
China
which has a range of over 400km and can travel at a speed of Mach 4:

27_103597_1fa1cb3bc9b8283.jpg

An improved version of the same missile,the YJ-12G,is also said to be nearing deployment.

it looks like using ramjet engine```so i dont think the range will be long``just my thought

What kind of a missile is it? More details will be appreciated.
the missile appeared on Zhuhai Air fair long time ago``but as CCP's tradition, no info has leaked out yet but all speculations from Chinese forums...and the general public opinion towards anti-radar/ship cruise missile

when i 'll enter production?? Or trials?? Or it is still in the drawing board??

it looks like using ramjet engine```so i dont think the range will be long``just my thought

ramjet is air breather engine and can go long distance. Rocket engine that does not require external air souce is the one with short distance.

Jane's Defense suggests the YJ-12 (ramjet missile) is in service. However, the Chinese government takes a long time to confirm new weapon systems.

It is assumed that YJ-12 may have entered service in small numbers, but the improved YJ-12A version may still be in development.

For example, the J-10 Vigorous Dragon had its first flight in 1998. However, it wasn't officially unveiled until 2007 by the Chinese government. That's a lag of 9 years. When it comes to new Chinese weapon systems, you need a lot of patience to wait for official confirmation.

Reference: Chengdu J-10 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some people have apparently got hold of the pictures of the “real thing”。

The Zhuhai Air Show later in the year might turn out to be the occasion when the missile is revealed to the public。

Already deployed。

People have started to talk about the deployment of an enhanced version known as the YJ-12G。

There is another mysterious YJ-XX that is obviously in the pipeline。

Some people have apparently got hold of the pictures of the “real thing”。

The Zhuhai Air Show later in the year might turn out to be the occasion when the missile is revealed to the public。

Already deployed。
People have started to talk about the deployment of an enhanced version known as the YJ-12G。

There is another mysterious YJ-XX that is obviously in the pipeline。

highly doubted``no such leaks or confirmation from the one of the most reputed forums like CD or CJDBY

ramjet is air breather engine and can go long distance. Rocket engine that does not require external air souce is the one with short distance.
unless the mid cruising phase is gliding mod, its hard to achieve 2M during the entiring 200KM + flight

link please

The article is in Chinese and was written for the 2006 Zhuhai Air Show:

?4??? 400??----

Length:4180mm
Max D:560mm
Min D:320mm
Weight:980kg
Warhead:300kg(selectable(penetration、cluster、blasting etc)according to the nature of target)
Launch height:10-20km
Launch speed:M0.8-M1.5
Cruising height:15-20km
Cruising speed:M4
Range:400km
Attack mode:initial climb+cruising altitude+end vertical dive

A lot of water has passed under the bridge since。The latest talk is that a modified version,the YJ-12G, has become operational。

?4???*400??----

Warhead:300kg(selectable(penetration、cluster、blasting etc)according to the nature of target)

A lot of water has passed under the bridge since。The latest talk is that a modified version,the YJ-12G, has become operational。
link or any source? as i couldnt find any

?4???*400??----

This is the same as the YJ-83 SALSM missile, as repoted on Wiki. Are you sure you are talking about the YJ-12?

Is this the YJ-12?
14839032.jpg

Seems as if the new YJ-12 is not as huge as expected at first ... Just take a look at a YJ-83K under a H-6G and a YJ-12 under the same bomber at roughly the same size it is larger by a factor of 1.46. Given a length of the YJ-83K of 5.14 m I come to an estimated length of about 7.52 m !

Deino

YJ-12 vs. YJ-83.jpg
H-6G + YJ-12 launch.jpg

Back
Top Bottom