What's new

YJ-12

Sorry to ask, but why ?? Du to my - most likely not really correct - comparison to the Brahmos ?

Anyway if You simply look at the size of that missile, the fact that - regardless the unknown ecact dimensions and weight - we have so far it only seen on a H-6 bomber it is simply impossible to carry such a huge store under the fuselage. If I'm not completely wrong, the JF-17 is rated for overall up to 3,629 kg (8,001 lb) of sores ... so let this missile weight "only" 1.5 t ... IMO no chance. We are unsure if a Flanker can carry that monster, so surely not the tiny JF-17.

When I'm back home I will try to scale a size comparison of the YJ-12 vs. the JF-17.

Deino
That reply was for me.

BTW, YJ-12 on JH-7

20140106000095.jpg

That reply was for me.

BTW, YJ-12 on JH-7

20140106000095.jpg

Sorry, then I misread these two post !
Anyway this is only a ps-job ! The real image shows that aircraft craiiying a YJ-91.

I think China should aim for something similar to LRASM missile being developed by US at the moment. While it's not sea skimming until close to target, the LRASM small radar signature allows it to fly towards the target undetected, reducing reaction time given to the enemy. In addition, its long range (800km+) allows the launch platform to engage targets without the fear of retaliation.

Back
Top Bottom