What's new

YF-23 (Black Widow II): will KSA go for it?

Keep asking the US not to sell weapons to the Arabs, they will ask you to pay those lost profits and you can't pay that..
You seem a bit on the naive side..how can you link the US not wanting Usrael to sell their technologies they provide to it to others with Usrael asking the the US not to sell its own weapon systems to others..
Can you look at yourself in a mirror and see how stupid that sounds..

Keep asking the US not to sell weapons to the Arabs, they will ask you to pay those lost profits and you can't pay that..
You seem a bit on the naive side..how can you link the US not wanting Usrael to sell their technologies they provide to it to others with Usrael asking the the US not to sell its own weapon systems to others..
Can you look at yourself in a mirror and see how stupid that sounds..
they just wont sell them you will see
its in there low that israel will get
Military superiority not every thing its money still they can buy chineese stealth fighter witch is usa tech stolen by chineese its the same

they just wont sell them you will see
its in there low that israel will get
Military superiority not every thing its money still they can buy chineese stealth fighter witch is usa tech stolen by chineese its the same
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/gulf/f-35ksa.htm

its hard to under stand that usa will not sell f 35 to arabs for israel?

That is why the US will sell it to KSA, you say it is US stolen tech, so the US won't want to capitalise on it instead of letting China get that much money and that many needed jobs in the US.. Think before posting, please..

That is why the US will sell it to KSA, you say it is US stolen tech, so the US won't want to capitalise on it instead of letting China get that much money and that many needed jobs in the US.. Think before posting, please..
well im not sure there are rumores that they put hands on some f 35 tech and other usa systems how much its tru i dont know i dont think usa will let china steal so easy there tech but it option that ksa need to check still the f 35 helmet is elbit and rockwel colins jv so saudi will need to hundle without her if they buy f 35
http://elbitsystems.com/product/joint-strike-fighter-jsf-f-35-lightning-ii/

Last edited:
They won't buy the F-35..and in 10 years from now, when KSA will get its own 5th generation fighter, other HMDCS helmets will be available.. don't worry..

the true we sold they this helmets with f 15 f16 the problem this regime not stable if they get f 35 can be revolution and then all this tech will be in wrong hands

Why not upgrade it with the help of US manufacturers, after all they have signed deals worth more than $300 billion for many other projects..
At that point, they'd be better off just building their own domestic aircraft industry from scratch.

The Saudis aren't even thinking about the F-23, so there is zero reason for this thread to exist.

At that point, they'd be better off just building their own domestic aircraft industry from scratch.

The Saudis aren't even thinking about the F-23, so there is zero reason for this thread to exist.
i think so too to be depend in usa all the time its not good

Are you following KSA news? they are doing just that..
This thread exists because it is a logical possibility.. Maybe not for you but for Saudis it is..
Can you enlighten us on what makes you say that Saudis are not interested..your opinion is valued.. but I would like to know that if you went through the whole thread, what makes you say that..

Last edited:
Are you following KSA news? they are doing just that..
This thread exists because it is a logical possibility.. Maybe not for you but for Saudis it is..
Can you enlighten us on what makes you say that Saudis are not interested..your opinion is valued.. but I would like to know that if you went through the whole thread, what makes you say that..
Can you link me to the source? I'd like to see it for myself, if you don't mind.

The project is dead, and based upon extremely old tech. Reviving it, and modernizing it is a wasteful and costly endeavor. The Saudis must realize that they would be better off either buying off the shelf, or starting a new project from scratch.

There is literally zero upside to restarting the YF-23 project, it simply doesn't make financial or technological sense to do such a thing.

Can you link me to the source? I'd like to see it for myself, if you don't mind.

The project is dead, and based upon extremely old tech. Reviving it, and modernizing it is a wasteful and costly endeavor. The Saudis must realize that they would be better off either buying off the shelf, or starting a new project from scratch.

There is literally zero upside to restarting the YF-23 project, it simply doesn't make financial or technological sense to do such a thing.
Here is one example of the sources:
Head of King Abdul Aziz City : Establishment of facilities at King Khalid Airport to build Airbus and Boeing aircrafts
glgo1060

Isn't it better and less costly than starting from scratch?

Here is one example of the sources:
Head of King Abdul Aziz City : Establishment of facilities at King Khalid Airport to build Airbus and Boeing aircrafts
glgo1060

Isn't it better and less costly than starting from scratch?
I meant as a video or article.

If you have to redesign the entire aircraft, you're basically starting from scratch anyway, except it'll cost you more, because you're now paying to scrape the original idea.

I meant as a video or article.

If you have to redesign the entire aircraft, you're basically starting from scratch anyway, except it'll cost you more, because you're now paying to scrape the original idea.

Saudi 'plans to build major aircraft facility'
RIYADH, 1 days ago
Saudi Arabia is committed to the development a major aerospace industry in the kingdom and plans to create a facility at King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh, where aircraft such as the Airbus 380 and Boeing 777 could also be built, said a senior official.
The kingdom has teamed up with Antonov to build the AN-132, a multipurpose transport aircraft, which began test flights in December. The technology for the aircraft is jointly owned by Saudi Arabia and Antonov, Prince Turki said, with manufacturing to be undertaken in the kingdom.

“This aircraft, which is used for cargo and can take up to 90 passengers, will be soon flown in Saudi Arabia,” he told Global Platform.

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/IND_325866.html

The idea is to build on the original design, not scrap it, it was a very viable design..

Saudi 'plans to build major aircraft facility'
RIYADH, 1 days ago
Saudi Arabia is committed to the development a major aerospace industry in the kingdom and plans to create a facility at King Khalid International Airport in Riyadh, where aircraft such as the Airbus 380 and Boeing 777 could also be built, said a senior official.
The kingdom has teamed up with Antonov to build the AN-132, a multipurpose transport aircraft, which began test flights in December. The technology for the aircraft is jointly owned by Saudi Arabia and Antonov, Prince Turki said, with manufacturing to be undertaken in the kingdom.

“This aircraft, which is used for cargo and can take up to 90 passengers, will be soon flown in Saudi Arabia,” he told Global Platform.

The idea is to build on the original design, not scrap it, it was a very viable design..
I can't find anywhere that says KSA is looking into the YF-23 specifically. Can you show me exactly where it is, in the article?

Also, the original was a prototype of a viable design, during that era. Times have changed, and a redesign would likely lead to drastic enough changes, to say that it isn't even the same platform.

Again, it simply doesn't make any sense for KSA to do such a thing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom