What's new

WZ-10 Attack Helicopter Production Line

China needs an indigenous medium utlity helo bad. The Z-9 is simply too puny for modern-day requirements, and Russian business practice makes me wary of relying on Mi-17.
There's a weight class gap between Z-9 & Mi-17/Z-8 that needs to be filled. And the overall NUMERICAL strength of PLA LH is laughable.

At this stage in our development is it worth it pouring billions into a helicopter development plan when there are so many strategic weapons that need upgrading or development, such as more and better SAM and space planes?

Gambit: I'm talking about whether helicopters are the best use of money for a country with limited funds. It seems much more like a luxury item than a strategic weapon.

Gambit: I'm talking about whether helicopters are the best use of money for a country with limited funds. It seems much more like a luxury item than a strategic weapon.
Wrong...You attacked the helo itself, not its place in the budgeting process. I could use your argument and apply it against the horse for being high maintenance, low armor, low intelligence, and so on...But it would not square against history where every victorious army and powerful empires relied on the horse for their successes. You failed spectacularly.

AerospaceEngineer... How can you claim that wz-10 is better then t-129?
I think t-129 is like.. ALOT better.
like alot not even an edge...
but to back my claim here http://www.defence.pk/forums/land-f...ou-were-authorized-helo-would-you-prefer.html

our very own website with cool official sources.
t-129 is even better then latest longbows if you ask me.
better armamant(not more.. but better),smaller so advantage of manoevrebility to us(also speed),radar is similar of that longbows use
but because of the huge size of the apache which is more designed to be heavy armoured heli to destroy tanks and all that in iraq.. survivebility is more.

We can not say T-129 is better than Apache or WZ-10, which Helicopter is better is depend on the Users Requirement and Relyabillity. Until Today T-129 is not in Serial Production Phase and rely on LHTEC - T800 Engines from US. If the US will refuse a sell of these Engines to Pakistan, T-129 for Pakistan will Face a Delay of one Year for Sure to integrate a another Engine.

why would us do such thing? i mean okay their goverment are bunch of animals but still.. better then giving them free aid.
plus who gives a if its in serial production?
it has been put on paper and on chopper.
it only needs to be battle proven thats it.
so we can compare it.

We can not say T-129 is better than Apache or WZ-10, which Helicopter is better is depend on the Users Requirement and Relyabillity. Until Today T-129 is not in Serial Production Phase and rely on LHTEC - T800 Engines from US. If the US will refuse a sell of these Engines to Pakistan, T-129 for Pakistan will Face a Delay of one Year for Sure to integrate a another Engine.

I have been looking into these engines and Rolls-Royce and Honeywell are suppliers to Augusta which in turn supply them to TEI. However will be producing them under license (not sure if it will be full or part production however)

In all reality though if the U.S. were to actually block engine sales through TEI or Augusta a different engine can be integrated.

I really dont hope that turkey will put replace this engine..
its a really powerfull engine.. unless turkey makes self sufficient more powerfull engine

Back
Top Bottom