What's new

WS-10/Taihang is ready

Great work by our Chinese friends. Jealous people can log off and go to other forums. J11B engines a great success. Good Job.:pakistan::cheers::china:

Since i'm the only none Pakistani/Chinese to post in this thread, i'm going to assume your comment was for me.

Firstly, i'm not jealous. If the WS-10 is ready then good for China.

Secondly, i'm not buying into the fact that just because the J-11 is painted in regular PLAAF colors and fitted with the WS-10 that the WS-10 is ready for production because i have already posted a picture showing a WS-10 painted in regular PLAAF colors fitted with the WS-10 and i got that picture from a 2005 thread, this means the original posters perception is false. The WS-10 was not ready for mass production in 2005 and it is not ready for mass production now. Showing pictures of planes painted in different colors is not a vialble means of prooving anything. The day China says the WS-10 is ready is the day i will beleive it.

Last edited:
I think you might want to double check that because the engine in your pic looks pretty much the same as depicted in the latest ones. :wave:

Theres nothing to double check because the picture is from a thread dating back to 2005, and it clearly showes a J-11 with WS-10's.

Topic started on 16-9-2005

Link to thread:

Google Image Result for http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4638/ws10testing8ua.jpg

WS-10: http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af8/My-Military-Photos/PRC/Engines/WS-10A/FSW10_1.jpg

Last edited:
Theres nothing to double check because the picture is from a thread dating back to 2005, and it clearly showes a J-11 with WS-10's.

Topic started on 16-9-2005

Link to thread:

Google Image Result for http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4638/ws10testing8ua.jpg

WS-10: http://i988.photobucket.com/albums/af8/My-Military-Photos/PRC/Engines/WS-10A/FSW10_1.jpg

AL-31: http://www.airforce-technology.com/projects/su37/images/su-37_8.jpg

Stop misleading others for the purpose of degrading Chinese engine,

I read your link or forum a few years back, the picture was not there

before !! Here are the link for the picture being posted;
Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force :angry::china:

Stop misleading others for the purpose of degrading Chinese engine,

I read your link or forum a few years back, the picture was not there

before !! Here are the link for the picture being posted;
Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force :angry::china:

You know how i know you're lying? Because if you scroll down you will see the poster hasn't edited his thread, ever, which means you are a liar! :rofl: If the original poster added the pics at some later date then it would say [edited on XX-X-XXXX by Stealthy Spy]

Last edited:
You know how i know your lying? Because if you scroll down you will see the poster hasn't edited his thread, ever, which means you are a liar! :rofl:

Yes, i am sure my dear Russian friend was telling the truth,

Give me a break by not being so childish to deny facts, I already give

you the LINK of where the picture came from, it was last updated in

Post not being updated dosn't mean the site haven't been updated

anything at all, stop your lame excuse trying to cover up your face

saving BS. :no::china:

Yes, i am sure my dear Russian friend was telling the truth,

Give me a break by not being so childish to deny facts, I already give

you the LINK of where the picture came from, it was last updated in

Post not being updated dosn't mean the site haven't been updated

anything at all, stop your lame excuse trying to cover up your face

saving BS. :no::china:

I already proved you to be a liar. Firstly, there is no way the pictures were added like you claim because the post was never edited. PERIOD! Secondly, the J-11 in the picture is equiped with WS-10's, so your argument just fell apart.

This is a quote from the link you provided: the AL-31F engine is expected to be replaced by the indigenous WS-10

So what was the link meant to prove? It didn't say anything about the WS-10 being ready. BTW just because the link you provide was recent doesn't mean the pictures are...

I already proved you to be a liar. Firstly, there is no way the pictures were added like you claim because the post was never edited. PERIOD! Secondly, the J-11 in the picture is equiped with WS-10's, so your argument just fell apart.

This is a quote from the link you provided: the AL-31F engine is expected to be replaced by the indigenous WS-10

So what was the link meant to prove? It didn't say anything about the WS-10 being ready.

Friends, Friends let's not argue. I think it is a simple mis-understanding. Let me explain it:

The blog was not edited, however it linked to another website which was edited.

It's the new year, let's try to liven up our spirits and be less confrontational (and more jovial) for the rest of the year! :cheers:

Friends, Friends let's not argue. I think it is a simple mis-understanding. Let me explain it:

The blog was not edited, however it linked to another website which was edited.

It's the new year, let's try to liven up our spirits and be less confrontational (and more jovial) for the rest of the year! :cheers:

Thanks, but the thread was started on the 16th of september, 2005, so if he added the picture at a later date we would know. Pictures don't automaticaly update and post themselfes on various forums, so that means the op was the one and only person to post the picture and it was not uploaded automatically. If i'm missing something please explain.

So what was the link meant to prove? It didn't say anything about the WS-10 being ready. BTW just because the link you provide was recent doesn't mean the pictures are...

Wow, How you got the nerve to open lying on the forum,

Yeah, pick and chose whatever suit your argument from my LINK !!

Let see who is the real liar,

The first batch of J-11B entered the service with PLAAF 1st Division (serial # 10x2x) in late 2007. However the initial batch of J-11Bs powered by the indigenous WS-10 turbofans were quickly grounded due to the poor quality of the engine. Subsequent batches are forced to be powered by Russian AL-31F turbofans until WS-10's reliability problem is solved. The latest image (December 2009) suggested that the engine quality problem was partially solved and the aircraft (02 batch?) has started to fly with WS-10s installed.
Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

Liar, how the hell the picture you claim was from 2005, when the first

batch of J-11B entered PLAAF in late 2007 ?

Kudos to the biggest liar of PDF !!

HaHaHa :smitten::pakistan::china:

greedy and a lier ... the over grow brown bear needs some hard core circus training

Wow, How you got the nerve to open lying on the forum,

Yeah, pick and chose whatever suit your argument from my LINK !!

Let see who is the real liar,

The first batch of J-11B entered the service with PLAAF 1st Division (serial # 10x2x) in late 2007. However the initial batch of J-11Bs powered by the indigenous WS-10 turbofans were quickly grounded due to the poor quality of the engine. Subsequent batches are forced to be powered by Russian AL-31F turbofans until WS-10's reliability problem is solved. The latest image (December 2009) suggested that the engine quality problem was partially solved and the aircraft (02 batch?) has started to fly with WS-10s installed.
Chinese Military Aviation | China Air Force

Liar, how the hell the picture you claim was from 2005, when the first

batch of J-11B entered PLAAF in late 2007 ?

Kudos to the biggest liar of PDF !!

HaHaHa :smitten::pakistan::china:

I'm aware the WS-10 was installed on the J-11 years ago, captain obvious! But were does it say the WS-10 is ready for mass production? The WS-10 was tested in 2007. However, like you said it had too many problems. Creating a batch of WS-10 does NOT mean it is ready for mass production. Simple as that! For example, the Russians tested the AL-41. However, that means nothing untill it is put into full production.

You think the first WS-10's were installed on the J-11 in late 2007 then just given to the 1st Divison? :rofl: Who equipes an intire divison without testing them first? Who?

The design was modified and an improved version, the WS-10A, was tested on a prototype Shenyang J-11 fighter in 2002.[2] In 2005, the Chinese media reported that the WS-10A had completed 4 months endurance testing and was certified for production in 2006

Shenyang J-11 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It does no specify the color but it proves the J-11 was equiped with the WS-10 before 2007.

greedy and a lier ... the over grow brown bear needs some hard core circus training

Russians are so greedy we refused to sell the SU-33 to the Chinese, and we are having second thoughts about the possible sale of the S-400 to Iran. BTW "lier" is spelled liar.

I'm aware the WS-10 was installed on the J-11 years ago, captain obvious! But were does it say the WS-10 is ready for mass production? The WS-10 was tested in 2007. However, like you said it had too many problems. Creating a batch of WS-10 does NOT mean it is ready for mass production. Simple as that! For example, the Russians tested the AL-41. However, that means nothing untill it is put into full production.

You think the first WS-10's were installed on the J-11 in late 2007 then just given to the 1st Divison? :rofl: Who equipes an intire divison without testing them first? Who?

The design was modified and an improved version, the WS-10A, was tested on a prototype Shenyang J-11 fighter in 2002.[2] In 2005, the Chinese media reported that the WS-10A had completed 4 months endurance testing and was certified for production in 2006

Shenyang J-11 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia It does no specify the color but it proves the J-11 was equiped with the WS-10 before 2007.

Buddy, Anybody knew the different image of PLAAF's prototype and

planes thats were in services. The picture from you clearly show its

not a prototype, do we really need further debate on this issue ?

No need to get personal in the first place by calling me a liar, and

I apologize for calling you a liar too.

I agreed with you its not yet proven WS-10 was in mass production

condition. But still your post with so-called 2005 picture was not

necessary. :cheers::china:

Buddy, Anybody knew the different image of PLAAF's prototype and

planes thats were in services. The picture from you clearly show its

not a prototype, do we really need further debate on this issue ?

No need to get personal in the first place by calling me a liar, and

I apologize for calling you a liar too.

I agreed with you its not yet proven WS-10 was in mass production

condition. But still your post with so-called 2005 picture was not

necessary. :cheers::china:

Thank you. I was not trying to start an argument. I simply was not convinced that a picture would prove anything. The Chinese have not said anything about the WS-10 being put into full production, so i did not make any assumptions based on what color the plane was. Lets forget this ever happend. We can agree to disagree:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom