What's new

WS-10/Taihang is ready

lmjiao

Reaction score
Country
China
Latest pictures show that WS-10/Taihang, the replacement of russian engine AL-31F, is ready now.

Pictures below are J-11b powerd by WS-10/Taihang. J-11b in those pictures is painted in the blue color for service in PLAAF, rather than the yellow color for testing. Those J-11b are 100% made in China now.

Picture of J-10b in the yellow color for testing, still powered by AL-31FN

Picture of J-11b in the yellow color for testing, still powered by AL-31FN, for comparision

WS-10/Taihang has finished its testing in J-11b now, this means that it may be mature enough for its test in J-10b. China will not depend on Russian Engines any more and be free to sale J-10/J-10b to anyone.

PS: Chinese words on the forth picture means Happy New Year!

Last edited:
i think WS 10 will require some time to get mature though it is ready. must have alot of testing before it is fitted in. getting late is better then getting nowhere at all.

but its excellent news that a breakthrough for China aviation industry no more dependency. keep it going China, all the moral support with u i guess this is wht all i have got to offer.

i think WS 10 will require some time to get mature though it is ready. must have alot of testing before it is fitted in. getting late is better then getting nowhere at all.

but its excellent news that a breakthrough for China aviation industry no more dependency. keep it going China, all the moral support with u i guess this is wht all i have got to offer.

at 2 years of further testing before full rate production starts.

This is absolutely huge. Thanks for the great news! The reward of patience is sweet!

great news indeed , but we must wait until it becomes truly operational and starts being installed on new PLAAF jets.

Congratulations to Dragons for this mile stone , we are Proud of you:china:

exellent work chineses! i am alway prouf of them!:china:
I think ,it's a good news for us too! we will export JF-17 now!:pakistan:

But it's very strange:blink: no endisan comments!:hang2:
Are they:lazy:

Happy new years chinese:pakistan::welcome::china:

exellent work chineses! i am alway prouf of them!:china:
I think ,it's a good news for us too! we will export JF-17 now!:pakistan:

But it's very strange:blink: no endisan comments!:hang2:
Are they:lazy:

Happy new years chinese:pakistan::welcome::china:

Happy new year!
But I'm sorry to say that WS-10 is for J-10 and J-11, but not for JF-17. It is more powerful but too big for JF-17

Below are two of the pictures, one shows the one of the or the designer of the WS-10 engine, look behind, there are WS-10 engines being built and by the look of it, it means serial production or the small batch serial production has started. This isn't the WS-10A engine. May be WS-10 is gonna be used for J-11s and WS-10As for J-10s, but future will tell. But this picture and some reports on Chinese defence forums that the parts being manufactured for WS-10 have seen significant increase in orders, and the above picture of not a prototype but an official PLAAF J-11 equipped with WS-10 or WS-10A means its been officially put into production and use and has passed all the reliability and other stages.

Anyhow, hope any Chinese member translates the part shown of the banner behind these guys with a model of the WS-10A engine, as it may give an idea what this picture is all about.

200912193034209.jpg

Anyhow, hope any Chinese member translates the part shown of the banner behind these guys with a model of the WS-10A engine, as it may give an idea what this picture is all about.

4de50b4114c7970fd390e341df02f046.jpg

The words means "Open up your mind"

Back
Top Bottom