What's new

Wrong Flag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chauism

Reaction score
Country
Hong Kong
Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this flag?

pZkCsGbZ.jpg

images

the picture is very small

and which flag? chinese or Pakistani? - seems to be ok, i hope you are not mistaken about the opposite direction of crescent on Pakistani flag? thats just an illusion and i think its fine as well

pZkCsGbZ.jpg

There are 6 stars! Supposed to be 5! :hitwall:

Any reason for that? I don't believe it was just a mistake, because that was during the official visits of Hu Jingtao to Pakistan in 2006.

well, china's population HAS grown since the flag was designed :laugh:

The flag of the People's Republic of China is a red field charged in the canton (upper left corner) with five golden stars. The red represents revolution; the five stars and their relationship represent the unity of the Chinese people under the leadership of the Communist Party of China (CPC).

The flag was designed by Zeng Liansong, a citizen from Rui'an, Zhejiang. He designed it in response to a circular distributed by the Preparatory Committee of the New Political Consultative Conference in July 1949, shortly after they came to power following the Chinese Civil War. 2,992 entries were received for the design competition, and Zeng's design was put into a pool of 38 finalists. After several meetings and slight modifications, Zeng's design was chosen as the national flag. The first flag was hoisted by Mao Zedong on a pole overlooking Beijing's Tiananmen Square on October 1, 1949, at a ceremony announcing the founding of the People's Republic.

Recently, an apparently flawed painting of a National Flag with SIX stars appeared on a propaganda board during the National Day holiday on the streets of a Chinese city. The above photo was posted on many Chinese BBS and blogs. China News: National Flag | China Digital Times (CDT)

It was a mistake and it was a few years ago, already discussed on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom