What's new

World Naval Ranking 2008

maverick2009

BANNED
Reaction score
This hyperlink shows a Naval ranking of the top 40 Naval powers in the world using USA as the bench mark.

Some interesting facts thay even comment on your Naval efficency stroke intelligence as nations

Database of Warships

nothing is 100% ............ but true USA's Naval forces are the best

Or it can educate its citizens and improve its economy, perhaps.[/QUOTE

Wat you said has got nothing to do with wat we are talking about we have educated people in our country and overseas thankyou! and if anything educate can still go for India as well so lets not start tensions here stick with the topic plzz ....

Or it can educate its citizens and improve its economy, perhaps.[/QUOTE

Wat you said has got nothing to do with wat we are talking about we have educated people in our country and overseas thankyou! and if anything educate can still go for India as well so lets not start tensions here stick with the topic plzz ....

I think u got me wrong. I was only saying that if Pakistan spent more money getting to the right areas they'd be better off. Same applies for India. So, it's not all bad.

I am not an expert but I disagree with the quality associated with China and Russia.

Canada has a quality of 85% which is also very starnge because Canada has very old fleet and they are in the process of modernization.

Pakistan, Iran and India are in very hostile neighbourhood but their quality is in 60s. These countries are always on watch and their navies definetly maintain and carry quality far more than the 60s.

Heavily pro Western analysis.

I think u got me wrong. I was only saying that if Pakistan spent more money getting to the right areas they'd be better off. Same applies for India. So, it's not all bad.
yes same applies to india, a little difference is that first of all they have to provide food to 50% of there population lib=ving below poverty line! then comes the literacy!!

I am not an expert but I disagree with the quality associated with China and Russia.

Canada has a quality of 85% which is also very starnge because Canada has very old fleet and they are in the process of modernization.

Pakistan, Iran and India are in very hostile neighbourhood but their quality is in 60s. These countries are always on watch and their navies definetly maintain and carry quality far more than the 60s.

Heavily pro Western analysis.
very true! the analysis is a bit too pro westren! you cannot dooubt the technology of china, russia and even indai and pakistan!!

yes same applies to india, a little difference is that first of all they have to provide food to 50% of there population lib=ving below poverty line! then comes the literacy!!

very true! the analysis is a bit too pro westren! you cannot dooubt the technology of china, russia and even indai and pakistan!!

education can wipe out both poverty and improve economy.the best sustainable way to remove poverty is thru education and employment then automatically u will find large sums of $$ to build ur defence.india is moving at a satisfactory pace.

education can wipe out both poverty and improve economy.the best sustainable way to remove poverty is thru education and employment then automatically u will find large sums of $$ to build ur defence.india is moving at a satisfactory pace.
i see this pace to be as satisfactory as that of DRDO projects!! :rofl:

anyway let us get back to the topic!
regards!

Just as true comparison of the economy is not GDP per Capita but GDP on Purcahsing Power Parity per Capita. Similarly, capability of the navy should not be based upon tonnage or number of vessels but its ability to perform the task assigned to it. Size of the Navy would depend upon:

1. Size of the coast line to defend
2. Number of sea lanes which needed t be kept clear/
3. Role of the Navy. That is, whether purely national defense or also the projection of power far beyond the national landmass.

Colonial powers in the past needed large navies to safeguard their interests in far away places. That is why historically UK with the largest colonial empire had the largest Navy in the world. Some trading empire such as Venetian empire was purely based on naval power.

It is therefore immaterial where Pakistan Navy is ranked in the world in terms of number of ships and tonnage. Key question will remain “Is PN capable of defending our coast line and keeping the sea lanes clear during the time of war?” Our threat is mainly from India and we need to ensure that our navy has adequate assets to perform these tasks. Whether this is thru submarines, surface vessels, missile boats, aircrafts or a combination of the above is irrelevant. For example, Israeli navy is tiny but more than enough to defend Israel’s tiny coast line.

i wonder what are the 21 ships Pakistan got??? i can only remember 10-12 large ships/vessels in our fleet ...... can somebody shed some light on this issue?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom