What's new

Women in Kashmir trained in self-defence

RPK

Reaction score
Country
India
Women in Kashmir trained in self-defence - Oneindia News

Rajouri (Jammu and Kashmir), Sep 4 (ANI): A special camp was organized by the Indian Army in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri District on Friday to train women in the art of self-defence and use of firearms.

Buzz up!
The camp organized by Indian troops in the border area, aims at enabling women and girls to defend themselves against attacks by terrorists.

"All the women of the region should learn how to handle and use a gun. This is to ensure their own safety and the safety of their loved ones from the rising extremism and militancy in the valley," said Ayesha Parveen, one of the many young trainees at the camp.

"After the training, I feel confident that even if I do not have my gun, I can disarm a militant and use his own weapon against him," she added.

Inspired by Jammu's brave heart and winner of country's second highest peace-time gallantry award, Kirti Chakra, Rukhsana Kousar, the other girls too want to get trained in self-defence and the use of weapons to strike back at the ultras.

"I am confident that I can defeat any militant who wishes to harm me or my family. My family members are also very happy that I am receiving the training as it enables me to defend myself from any untoward incident," said Sumaiyya Khanam, another volunteer trainee at the camp.

Rukhsana along with her brother, Aijaz, shot to limelight after eliminating Pakistani terrorist Abu Osama in Kalsian area of Shadara Sharief in Rajouri on September 27, 2009, with an axe and the terrorist's own AK-series rifle and won applaud and accolade from various quarters. (ANI)

Good. now it will backfire! and will be blamed on Pakistan / ISI / terrorist / etc etc

In any case persuing IOK is a lost cause for pakistan because half century of internal displacement is enough to change people vision.

Good. now it will backfire! and will be blamed on Pakistan / ISI / terrorist / etc etc

Yes, And It might even be blamed upon Uganda or Czechoslovakia:eek:, Go get some fresh air dude.... Better read whats written before getting ready to troll

In any case persuing IOK is a lost cause for pakistan because half century of internal displacement is enough to change people vision.

Dnt come on conclusion to early

I think in future you here that protester got protest from Womens and ran away

Like one was already happend in J&K were shopkeepers throw stones on stone pelters

Freedom Fighters :rofl::rofl::rofl:

The Jammu muslims from Poonch and Rajouri regions are mostly pro-India. This is where the training camps are being organised.

Exactly...its not Kashmir.

People who write these article and the people in Pakistan also need to realise that J&K is three regions...Jammu,Kashmir and Leh & Ladakh.

Kashmir is where the problem is...rest two regions are fine with being a part of India...be it Hindu or Muslim.

Special camps and women village defence committees are organized by the Indian Army at regular intervals to imbibe a sense of self-confidence and boost of confidence in dealing with adverse situations.

Many Kashmiri women join and are trained to use AK-47s and other heavy-duty weapons,

captjmu10408111336india.jpg

2339733293a3e55d22d0.jpg

2339733289ee4368c30c.jpg

23405736706a95306396.jpg

2340573674508b831eb0.jpg

23397332871fe03ef006.jpg

2339733281c35af6f7a4.jpg

You mean not from valley right? as these are kashmiri even people of ladakh are kashmiri.

Look,kashmir has a different culture,food and language from ladakh...so how can ladakh and kashmir be one culture.

Last edited:
Look,kashmir has a different culture,food and language from ladakh...so how can ladakh and kashmir be one culture.
Ladakh is not administered as a separate province and falls judicially under J&K. So anyone from up there is considered from J&K in general.

Keep training the people so they can defend themselfs against the indians.

Exactly...its not Kashmir.

People who write these article and the people in Pakistan also need to realise that J&K is three regions...Jammu,Kashmir and Leh & Ladakh.

Kashmir is where the problem is...rest two regions are fine with being a part of India...be it Hindu or Muslim.

You fail to mention that jammu,Leh & Ladakh are majority hindu and that the reason why they back india....while kashmir proper is muslim and hates the indians.

Back
Top Bottom