What's new

Woman In Saudi Arabia Arrested For Wearing Skirt, Crop Top In Video

Status
Not open for further replies.
In India women are treated like dirty dogs and this Indian clown (Zen Master) complains about Saudi Arabia.
What a bad joke.

Well done Saudi Arabia. You have my full support.
Liberal societies lead only to rape, drugs and homosexuality.

Like there is no rape cases, violence against women, drug use and homosexuality in the conservative muslim communities... Why are you guys all acting like such things don't exist among all those ultra religious muslims who pretend to be morally superior while in fact they aren't. Be honest with yourselves for once.

And forcing women to Marry dog is Women Empowerment??
Indian-Woman-Marries-Dog.jpg

Even i can post photos of women who are in worse situations in the muslim world, but i will not stoop to your low level.

Regardless of this recent controversy, Saudi Arabia has already begun to liberalize / open up.

The religious police lost its arresting powers back in 2016 when Mohammad bin Salman was merely deputy crown prince. He's now officially heir to the throne, so it's only a matter of time before he permanently shuts down the religious police once and for all. Step by step, the Saudi religious police is fading away. Ever since it lost its arresting power last year, it has become a moribund.

Saudi Arabia is also removing extremist/violent religious teachings from its school curriculums. That's another step forward. The male guardianship system has also been watered down, and I think it's only a matter of time before Mohammad bin Salman completely abolishes it.

Overall, in spite of this recent miniskirt controversy, Saudi Arabia is beginning to undergo liberalizing transformations. The crown prince seems to be serious about moving his country away from the "1979 extremist era".

As long as Saudi Arabia continues to move in the right direction, I don't think we should care that much about this controversial video. That said, I hope the woman in that video gets released soon. The authorities should quietly release her, like they did to others. Sadly, this story became a controversy because of a few nincompoops on twitter who demanded her arrest.

Regardless of this recent controversy, Saudi Arabia has already begun to liberalize / open up.

The religious police lost its arresting powers back in 2016 when Mohammad bin Salman was merely deputy crown prince. He's now officially heir to the throne, so it's only a matter of time before he permanently shuts down the religious police once and for all. Step by step, the Saudi religious police is fading away. Ever since it lost its arresting power last year, it has become a moribund.

Saudi Arabia is also removing extremist/violent religious teachings from its school curriculums. That's another step forward. The male guardianship system has also been watered down, and I think it's only a matter of time before Mohammad bin Salman completely abolishes it.

Overall, in spite of this recent miniskirt controversy, Saudi Arabia is beginning to undergo liberalizing transformations. The crown prince seems to be serious about moving his country away from the "1979 extremist era".

As long as Saudi Arabia continues to move in the right direction, I don't think we should care that much about this controversial video. That said, I hope the woman in that video gets released soon. The authorities should quietly release her, like they did to others. Sadly, this story became a controversy because of a few nincompoops on twitter who demanded her arrest.

Saudi sources: Miniskirt model Kholoud released without charges
Aisha Fareed | Arab News Staff | Published — Wednesday 19 July 2017
954251-1904729924.png

Model Kholoud from the controversial Snapchat clip. (video grab)

JEDDAH: A 27-year-old aspiring model from Saudi Arabia who was taken into police custody on Tuesday has been released on Tuesday.
The release of the woman — identified only as Kholoud — was confirmed by a statement issued on behalf of the Ministry of Culture and Information and by a source at the Riyadh police that Arab News spoke to.

She was released without any charge and a spokesperson on behalf of the police claimed she was never detained but merely brought in for questioning.

A statement released by Saudi Arabia's Center for International Communication, which is overseen by the Ministry of Culture and Information, confirmed that the police released the woman after several hours of questioning and the video was published without her knowledge.

The story developed over the past few days, when a short video of the woman wearing a black miniskirt and sleeveless crop top in a public Saudi historical landmark went viral. Women residing in Saudi Arabia are expected to wear a loose, black, full-length garment known as an abaya whenever they are in a public place.

Within hours of the video going viral, a police investigation was initiated, and early on Tuesday the Riyadh Police issued a statement indicating that the woman had been identified and questioned. The story made international headlines after it was first reported in local daily Okaz.

On social media many Saudis posted messages of support to the woman, saying that there was nothing wrong with what she had done, particularly since she had not offended anyone, since there was nobody at the site when she visited.

Others took a more conservative view, calling for the woman to be punished for promoting sin, stating that her actions violate the Kingdom’s cultural and religious traditions.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1131821/saudi-arabia

As I wrote earlier, nothing would happen and this was confirmed.

Obviously female liberals will continue to test the waters. Surely a healthy solution should be found in this regard without eroding what is good. I think that once the few moronic 25 year old "laws" are removed under MBS (a question of time as even officially proclaimed) the liberals will catch a break. At least they should and let time do what it does best.

See the earlier posts in this thread.

c9a0f6f8417cfbe43a64a03493b93b65.jpg

Why they never arrested Princess Ameera wife of Prince Talal
what is the meaning of this hand gesture
I wonder

and then I stop wondering

is she suggesting the size of his wang?

Saudi sources: Miniskirt model Kholoud released without charges
Aisha Fareed | Arab News Staff | Published — Wednesday 19 July 2017
954251-1904729924.png

Model Kholoud from the controversial Snapchat clip. (video grab)

JEDDAH: A 27-year-old aspiring model from Saudi Arabia who was taken into police custody on Tuesday has been released on Tuesday.
The release of the woman — identified only as Kholoud — was confirmed by a statement issued on behalf of the Ministry of Culture and Information and by a source at the Riyadh police that Arab News spoke to.

She was released without any charge and a spokesperson on behalf of the police claimed she was never detained but merely brought in for questioning.

A statement released by Saudi Arabia's Center for International Communication, which is overseen by the Ministry of Culture and Information, confirmed that the police released the woman after several hours of questioning and the video was published without her knowledge.

The story developed over the past few days, when a short video of the woman wearing a black miniskirt and sleeveless crop top in a public Saudi historical landmark went viral. Women residing in Saudi Arabia are expected to wear a loose, black, full-length garment known as an abaya whenever they are in a public place.

Within hours of the video going viral, a police investigation was initiated, and early on Tuesday the Riyadh Police issued a statement indicating that the woman had been identified and questioned. The story made international headlines after it was first reported in local daily Okaz.

On social media many Saudis posted messages of support to the woman, saying that there was nothing wrong with what she had done, particularly since she had not offended anyone, since there was nobody at the site when she visited.

Others took a more conservative view, calling for the woman to be punished for promoting sin, stating that her actions violate the Kingdom’s cultural and religious traditions.

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1131821/saudi-arabia

As I wrote earlier, nothing would happen and this was confirmed.

Obviously female liberals will continue to test the waters. Surely a healthy solution should be found in this regard without eroding what is good. I think that once the few moronic 25 year old "laws" are removed under MBS (a question of time as even officially proclaimed) the liberals will catch a break. At least they should and let time do what it does best.

See the earlier posts in this thread.
if she got away with it scot free then she must have a very powerful family or be a "royal" herself

I wonder

She is adjusting her headscarf.

BTW she is a great woman and a beautiful one at that too. Divorced so she is free on the "market" for the lucky one that hits jackpot.

Old video. A lot of what is said in the beginning (which lasted 25 years) no longer exists.

BTW this thread should be closed and the thread title changed as there was no arrest (questioning only) nor were there any charges.

if she got away with it scot free then she must have a very powerful family or be a "royal" herself

Yes, sure. Some random Al-Otaibi is that exactly. BTW Otaibah has a reputation for very beautiful women since ancient times.

This thread should be closed. The topic has been discussed already. The issue is solved. Nothing more to add other than possible trolling or "experts" from the other side of the planet giving their 2 cents of "wisdom".

There are 100's of threads about KSA all the time on PDF already. Third only to Pakistan, India and maybe fourth after China.

Last edited:
In Islam, slave women were moving in the society with naked breasts.

Today 99% Muslims don't know this reality that during the 1400 years of history of Islam, slave women were forced to not to take Hijab. What to talk about Hijab, they were moving with naked breasts and they were sold in this way in the markets.

All 4 Imams are unanimous that no problem in naked breasts of slave woman.

All of them agree that Caliph Umar (the 2nd Caliph) used to beat the slave woman with cane if they ever try to take Hijab. Umar used to tell them that they are not allowed to do those thing which were reserved only for the free Muslim women.
personally after studying how great Umar (R.A) was, and how the Muslims were instructed to treat slaves, i find your post extremely funny

I wonder

i think she might be adjusting her scarf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom