What's new

Woh hamsafar tha..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently, a beautiful song reaches mega hits in both India and Pakistan.People started to make overwhelming comments over the romantic song: "Woh Hamsafar Tha".However, very little people knew about the fact that the song beautiful sung by Quratulain recently (and Abida perveen in past) was originally written by Naseer Turabi.Originally, the ghazal defines the event of partition and the pain through which both East Pakistan (Now Bangladesh) and West Pakistan (Now only Pakistan) was going through.
Please hear and enjoy the song.Please do not spew nonsense here. Any flaimbait, abuse or other hateful nonsense and the poster will be getting banned.This notification is for both the Pakistani and Bangladeshi posters.

Lyrics with English Translation:
Tarq-e-taaluqaat pe...
At our parting of ways,
Roya na tu, na main
Neither you cried nor I,
Lekin yeh kya ke chain se soya na tu, na main
But then, what's this that neither you nor I slept peacefully

Woh humsafar tha....
He was my companion (fellow traveler)…..
Woh humsafar tha....
He was my companion …
Woh humsafar thaa magar us sey humnawai na thi…
He was my companion but with him I didn’t have like mindedness (harmony)
Woh humsafar thaa magar us sey humnawai na thi…
He was my companion but with him I didn’t have like mindedness (harmony)

Kay dhoop chaaon ka…..
With the (hot) sunshine and shade
Kay dhoop chaaon ka aalam raha
With the (hot) sunshine and shade was world was filled
Judai na thi…
There was no separation

Woh humsafar tha....
He was my companion …
Woh humsafar tha....
He was my companion …

Adaavatein theen..Taghaaful thaa, Ranjishein theen Magar..
There was animosity, Indifference and anguish but,
Adaavatein theen..Taghaaful thaa, Ranjishein theen Magar..
There was animosity, Indifference and anguish but,
Bicharne walay main sab kuch thaa
The one who I was parted with had everything (but)
Bewafai na thi…
He didn't have unfaithfullness
Bicharne walay main sab kuch thaa
The one who I was parted with had everything (but)
Bewafai na thi…
He didn't have unfaithfullness

Kay dhoop chaaon ka…..

Judai na thi…
There was no separation

Woh humsafar tha....
He was my companion …
Woh humsafar tha....
He was my companion …

Kaajal daaro
Put kohl
kurkura surma Saha na jaaye
The graininess of the kohl is tough to bear
Jin Nain mein pee bassay
In the eyes that hold my beloved
Dooja kon samaaye
Who else can be beheld

Bicharte waqt un ankhon mein thi hamari ghazal
At the time of parting those eyes had my poetry
Bicharte waqt un ankhon mein thi hamari ghazal
At the time of parting those eyes had my poetry
Ghazal bhi wo jo kisi ko kabhi sunai na thi
And it was that poetry that was never recited
Ghazal bhi wo jo kisi ko kabhi sunai na thi
And it was that poetry that was never recited

Kay dhoop chaaon ka…..
Judai na thi…
There was no separation

Woh humsafar tha....
He was my companion …
Woh humsafar tha....
He was my companion …

Wishing best of luck to Bangladesh in future endeavors.

Every year on Dec 16, me and my friends get together to understand what mistakes happened on Dec 16, shedding tears on what was lost, discussing war stories of bravery, discussing how terrorism was spread in name of Pakistan army, raping of women by mostly Indians, the mistakes of Pakistan army by killing of Bengali dissident and then the stab of terrorism sponsoring Indians, political mistakes of rulers, and failed military strategy from West, why China didn’t intervene, the reasons of why we got to this sad point because of discrimination of bengalis and the break up of Pakistan. We read troop movements, company formations and war strategy ... we finish our night with wo humsafar tha... it happened last night too ...such a loss... I was not born at that time, but I carry the pain Pakistan went through
At the end we all vow that our generations should know what they should not do and remember how cunning and opportunist your enemy is... my kids understand ...
Long live my beloved Pakistan, my life and my soul...

Last edited:
Every year on Dec 16, me and my friends get together to understand what mistakes happened on Dec 16, shedding tears on what was lost, discussing war stories of bravery, discussing how mukhti terrorism was spread in name of Pakistan army, raping of women by mostly Indians and Mukhti, the mistakes of Pakistan army by killing of Bengali dissident and then the stab of terrorism sponsoring Indians, political mistakes of rulers, and failed military strategy from West, why China didn’t intervene, the reasons of why we got to this sad point because of discrimination of bengalis and the break up of Pakistan. We read troop movements, company formations and war strategy ..... we finish our night with wo humsafar tha... it happened last night too ...such a loss... I was not born at that time, but I carry the pain Pakistan went through
At the end we all wow that our generations should know what they should not do and remember how cunning and opportunist your enemy is... my kids understand ...
Long live my beloved Pakistan, my life and my soul...
This is what Pakistan should understand and convey.The story does not end here.They are now after the tribal areas and have occupied Kashmir.If we as a nation did not wake up, then I am afraid that they will stab us again though we are well equipped with nuclear technology.
If our times have changed so their method to spread chaos.We should learn and equip ourselves for future.
It is the blessed hand of Allah(SWT) that a nation who has to start from the scratch came up with such high level of defence system(Mashallah).We have seen more than 3 wars in our life: three wars with India, participated in Kashmir war through mujhaideen and gained 1/3 of Kahmir, participiated in war against Russia and helped US to break Russia and now Americans.Our history is far more detailed and glorious.
Regards

Do you really need this in this thread? @Slav Defence

Mukti bahini are our heroes. Badmouthing them will only derail the thread.
I accept that our versions differ but not conveying message of well wisher is also not fair :) Let us move forward, brother.I will make sure that no one bad mouth your heros :)
Regards

Now you are having him blame the atrocities on the Indians.
I understand all sides did some atrocities. But if measured you know which side will have blame for vast majority of them?
You do not need to talk about atrocities here.
@Mage , if you do not mind may I request something ? Can we please compromise sometimes ? Something looks negative is not always negative . So please let's not push it at least in this thread .
Lets try to make this thread wonderful by ignoring some disagreement !

Last edited:
Please stick to the topic.Thread reopened, any discussion over differences will not be appreciated.Please share Bengladeshi poetry with English Translation and we will also discuss Pakistani poetry.
On the other hand, let us keep this thread positive.If anyone has to share any differences then please open up new thread.

Here is famous poetry Shikwa written by Allama Iqbal with English translation.Jawab e shikwa is far amazing.The former displays complain to God by the believer and the latter is rsponse from God to the complain.I have only shared the first one.Read and enjoy: :-)
https://www.studybee.net/shikwa-by-allama-iqbal/

Regards

250px-State_emblem_of_Pakistan.svg.png

The state emblem of Pakistan, in the quartered shield in the centre, still shows jute...

vo jo ham meñ tum meñ qarār thā tumheñ yaad ho ki na yaad ho

@Slav Defence

Thank you for this thread bro. Much needed.

This forum, especially recently seems to be festering with toxic antagonism between Pakistanis and Bangladeshis. (With others joining in)

However, I share your sentiments whole heartedly.

Thanks for this thread, it always makes me sad that we got separated. now getting to know the true background of this poem and reading it again for Bangladesh from Pakistan, it makes me even sadder that both these countries got separated (due to whatever the reason). I wish success and the very best of luck to Bangladesh.

Lyrics full of laments, melody full of melancholy...

May be it’s too little and too late for some folks...

Forgive but don’t forget....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom