What's new

With no bullet proof helmets,jawans falling prey to maoists

A little correction here!West Bengal Police with the active help of the Central Forces has successfully eliminated the maoist movement in the state and there hasn't been a single maoist related incident in the state for the past two years.Heck they even killed the chief of the maoist military commission Kishen in an encounter way back in 2011!
Yeah and also the link which a Pakistani shared is also outdated according to which Balghat (in M.P.) is alos affected by Naxalies.I live near Balaghat but havent heard about Naxalies for years now

I hope you understand the difference bw controlling and spreading and this report is too much exaggerated.And the link which you previously shared says that Balaghat (in M.P.) is also affected but i live near Balgaht and havent heard them about for years now.

I hope you understand the difference bw controlling and spreading and this report is too much exaggerated.And the link which you previously shared says that Balaghat (in M.P.) is also affected but i live near Balgaht and havent heard them about for years now.

I guess you could be right mate, the media has a way of exaggerating.....

I guess you could be right mate, the media has a way of exaggerating.....

Moreover the Maoist threat is used by bureaucracy and politicians to get extra funding from the state/center, making the Maoists bigger than they actually are.

I always thought the Indian Army had Kevlar helmets. Are these Para-military, or perhaps police? (oops, just read a post asking the same thing)

Not all ... many of them are still using those tin can helmets...even in IOK..

I always thought the Indian Army had Kevlar helmets. Are these Para-military, or perhaps police? (oops, just read a post asking the same thing)
Interstate Police, Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) including Police commando units.

The Indian Army is NOT operating against Maoists anywhere. However, a few Air Force choppers are being used in emergencies like casevac.

sometimes I wonder are Indian forces even want to eliminate these guys?

KMT had some trouble eliminating communists in China for one main reason, the forces deployed don't want to eliminate them. IF there's no communist, their usefulness is done. They will no longer exist.

Does Indian forces have this problem? They are not the army, so if these "maoists" are completely destroyed would they still get funding?

sometimes I wonder are Indian forces even want to eliminate these guys?

KMT had some trouble eliminating communists in China for one main reason, the forces deployed don't want to eliminate them. IF there's no communist, their usefulness is done. They will no longer exist.

Does Indian forces have this problem? They are not the army, so if these "maoists" are completely destroyed would they still get funding?

Yes government is not willing to fight them and playing politics instead.Else maoists are at most 100000 while Indian army is around 2 million.Should not take more than a month in full scale operation to destroy them.

Yes government is not willing to fight them and playing politics instead.Else maoists are at most 100000 while Indian army is around 2 million.Should not take more than a month in full scale operation to destroy them.

Are you sure about the number of maoists ?? 1,00,000 of them .

@Secularpakistani Maoism is not at all a big issue in India, now it's there in couple of smaller states. It takes few weeks to clean it up with a force. They are trying to be in news during election season for various reasons, once it's over they will not be aggressive anymore.
Just don't say that again being an Indian. Ask a jawan who has lost his leg to an I.E.D or a family who has lost it's member.

Back
Top Bottom