What's new

Wirral boatyard signs £16m Pakistan coastguard patrol boat deal

why Karachi shipyard doesnt make these very simple stuff?

they can make boats and import engines from overses, and what happened to petrol boats from turkey?

Great news for the Maritime service

The Turkish fast patrol boats are already in service

Sounds suspicious!! Pakistani Officials always like a foreign hop to give the illusions of a ''deal''!! The Government does not have the money for Pakistan Navy priority projects so where the hell is it going to fund these expensive boats from the UK?

They may be cash strapped but they do have a budget allocation yaar!

why Karachi shipyard doesnt make these very simple stuff?

they can make boats and import engines from overses, and what happened to petrol boats from turkey?

I understand KSY has huge potential but is burdened with terrible bureaucracy. An scrambled egg at the top is not good enough to move the laid back babus.

Let me rephrase it, " App kai CO sahab nai app ko Shaam ki Tea par bula laina hai kisi din" :D

Typical!! Kyaa Aap Samajhtay Hain Kay Sabb Log CO kay under kaam kartay hain???

Great news for the Maritime service

They may be cash strapped but they do have a budget allocation yaar!

Pakistan Coast Guards Budget is allocated by the Ministry of Interior and not by the Ministry of Defense. Last I checked, Ministry of Interior own allocation (in Rupees) is far less that the quoted figure here (GBP16M). So I ask again, in a cash strapped environment where main budget head is being spent on loan re-payments and circular debt to eliminate load-shedding (at the cost of various defense head projects) how does a low priority organization such as the Coast Guards arrange such huge amounts of foreign funds to buy boats that can be very easily made in Karachi by the shipyard and in local currency too! Like I said S.U.S.P.I.C.I.O.U.S!!!

I think Coast Guards should be handed over to PN and the budget should be increased 50% and PN should be recruiting and operating it. I think PN should join in with Turkey, China or any other country to produce such and other small vessels needed by them.

I honestly dont mind this guarding my country's coastline :D

GAV010713MCTAYSMARINE-7-4866258.jpg

Typical!! Kyaa Aap Samajhtay Hain Kay Sabb Log CO kay under kaam kartay hain???

Chalain, agar app ko ye baat pasand nahi aai to let me rephrase it further, " App kai section incharge nai subha subha bulaa kar app ko jhaar pilaa dayni hai" :D

This is a patrol boat but what about the weaponry??? I dont find any details in the article mentioned above

I am still hopeful for a JV between PN and any other country... rather than buying.

The boats exported from Turkey, you were talkin are in active service in PN. All boats are delivered. Now we're building a Fleet Replenishment Tanker and a tug for PN if I remember.

Chalain, agar app ko ye baat pasand nahi aai to let me rephrase it further, " App kai section incharge nai subha subha bulaa kar app ko jhaar pilaa dayni hai" :D

Section In Charge, OC, Gernale, Kernale, Kaptaan, Luftain ----- Patatoes, Potatoes ------- Tomatoes Tamatoes

I honestly dont mind this guarding my country's coastline :D

GAV010713MCTAYSMARINE-7-4866258.jpg

Why show an artist impression and why not a real photograph of both outside and inside of this vessel? Are these boats being already used anywhere? How many units sold so far worldwide? What other Coast Guards or Coastal Force is using this platform for similar purpose as the PCG?

Personally and even if this is true, why no mention in any major news outlet in Pakistan? The purchase falls under PPRA regulations for procurement and it was not advertised anywhere on the PPRA website!! S.U.S.P.I.C.I.O.U.S!!!

Section In Charge, OC, Gernale, Kernale, Kaptaan, Luftain ----- Patatoes, Potatoes ------- Tomatoes Tamatoes

Oh,,, achaaa, GHQ kai pass app ki sabzi waali dukaan hai,,, is liye ander ki khabray pata lagti ho gi app ko :P

Back
Top Bottom