What's new

Wing Reinforcement Makes Thunder More Lethal !

518b2aa5eace46ebb253008f8e9f9ce5.gif

BA417BB6-057C-43C9-A801-07E6EE66F934.jpeg

found this image of jf-17 carrying (mk-84?) unguided bomb on wing hardpont
but this is 5 years old
14D3A885-0754-4498-A082-3E5EAD3AC7CB.png

Generally any reimbursement comes with wright penalty. Does anybody knows about any weight increase?

Hi,

Strengthening of wing roots would also mean that the aircraft would also be able to bear a higher G level---.

Just get an engine with 70KN plus dry thrust and increase wing loading to 90 lbs per sq feet and JF17 will be an ammo truck... I can imagine block 3 has substaintial improvement in these terms, i still have to spend time on JF 17 block three thread, throwing it out there or folks to answer.
Consider it done....I will go to 6th Road pending. Pick up an engine from suzuki and put it in a jf17. Yaar not so simple is it

Consider it done....I will go to 6th Road pending. Pick up an engine from suzuki and put it in a jf17. Yaar not so simple is it

no at simple, agreed! but thats what engineering is all about.. 😊
View attachment 698195
found this image of jf-17 carrying (mk-84?) unguided bomb on wing hardpont
but this is 5 years old View attachment 698196

so a total or 3 MK84 with GBU kits on pylon 3 , 4 and 5. one MK83 on pylon 2 and 6 each and two WVR PL5s on wing tips will make this a lethal bombing machine

Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) has reportedly reinforced the wing roots on JF-17s which enables these aircraft to carry a Mk-84 Bomb under each wing . Until now this capability was only available on F-16s. While most aircraft can carry MK-84 Bombs on centreline station under the belly, very few can boast of carrying same under wings.

View attachment 689742

the 1100 liter drop tank weights about 1100 plus kg with fuel while 800 liters tank about 700 kg

I think it’s was overall external weight max load went up to 4300/4500 kg amd max takeoff to 13500 or 13.5 tons from 12.x tons , did the outer hp 2 and 6 also got higher rating say 900-1000 kg and from current 400-550 kg, what about wingtip ? Can they at least in block 3 will be able to carry sd-10 which are 199kg each ?

Firing AG missiles with delay is very very normal,if you think AG missiles are always fired in pair you don't know anything about fighter flying
Accepted I dont know anything about fighter flying :-) Now if 2 x AShMs are fired simultaneously at a ship, the probability of interception by Ship's countermeasures would become lesser, wrong or right ? if wrong then explain plz. A delay of a few seconds between launch of both missiles can let the missiles hit different spots or ends of the ship ?

Last edited:
Accepted I dont know anything about fighter flying :-) Now if 2 x AShMs are fired simultaneously at a ship, the probability of interception by Ship's countermeasures would become lesser, wrong or right ? if wrong then explain plz. A delay of a few seconds between launch of both missiles can let the missiles hit different spots or ends of the ship ?
Missiles can also be launched with different trajectories as well when approaching the target or different flight profiles. You can also mix and match different missiles (subsonic and supersonic) to increase the probability of a hit.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom