What's new

Wing Reinforcement Makes Thunder More Lethal !

Hi,
Does not make any difference---. Asymmetrical load is just talk---this weapon is too heavy to be mounted and launched in the configuration being talked about---.
You can be as upset as you want to---it won't change the PHYSICS of the layout and the PHYSICS of the launch.
The JF17 has a very small wing---.
Respected Sir,

1606592869278.png

Approximate distances from fuselage centerline to stations 3 and 5 are about 1.76 m.

Lift generated due ailerons will be approximately 3.7 m from fuselage centerline.

Maximum TO weight (MTOW) of JF-17 is about 13500 kg.

It means that half of MTOW around 6750 kg is positioned left and right side of the fuselage centerline. Most of the mass of aircraft is closer to fuselage centerline.

Case 1: The weight of CM400AKG is 910 kg.

Weight of one missile CM400AKG is approximately 13.5% of the half MTOW ie 6750. Furthermore the missile is being stationed at either 3 or 5.

Case 2: JF-17 inboard wing drop tanks weigh around 1100 kg. During emergency, these drop tanks can be jettison. In normal situation both are being jettison simultaneously. However, possibility of jettison failure may occur and one side drop tank may stuck with either station 3 or 5.

Weight of one inboard wing drop tank is approximately 16.3% of the half MTOW ie 6750.

Case 3: Now consider MK-84 and GBU-24 bombs stationed at 3 and 5. MK-84 weighs around 925 kg and GBU-24 weighs around 1050 kg, 13.7% and 15.6% of the half MTOW ie 6750.

For further discussion I will take case 2 as this possibility may occur during hostile situation where pilot is engaged either avoiding incoming threat or approaching hostile area to drop or shoot weapon.

Assuming JF-17 FCS uses aileron to counter the weight differential on the wings.

The total lift required to counter the moment of force generated due to weight differential on the wings will be

= 1100 x 1.76 / 3.7 ~ 523 kg ie about 260 kg in upward and downward directions each side of the fuselage centerline in between stations 1-2 and 6-7.

I am sure JF-17 ailerons can generate this much force to counter the asymmetric loading. Furthermore, modern FCS has the capability of asymmetric use of other control surfaces such as LE and TE flaps and even elevators.

Last edited:
I am sure JF-17 ailerons can generate this much force to counter the asymmetric loading. Furthermore, modern FCS has the capability use asymmetric use of other control surfaces such as LE and TE flaps and even elevators.

Hi,

Thank you for an excellent post---. You have put your mind and knowledge to it---. I agree to everything you have stated---.

BUT---this is a weapon's world---here seeing is believing---assumptions cannot be afforded---.

Untill and unless the air force changes its position and declares that now we have achieved the goal of carrying two CM400AKG's under each wing mount and they can be each launched separately without causing any undue instability in the flight pattern of the said aircraft---till then it is all " He says She says "---.

Hi,

Thank you for an excellent post---. You have put your mind and knowledge to it---. I agree to everything you have stated---.

BUT---this is a weapon's world---here seeing is believing---assumptions cannot be afforded---.

Untill and unless the air force changes its position and declares that now we have achieved the goal of carrying two CM400AKG's under each wing mount and they can be each launched separately without causing any undue instability in the flight pattern of the said aircraft---till then it is all " He says She says "---.

1606602223391.png

The JF-17 equipped with two CM-400AKG
https://quwa.org/2019/10/03/the-jf-17s-air-launched-rocket-option-cm-400akg/

Respected Sir,

View attachment 691679

Approximate distances from fuselage centerline to stations 3 and 5 are about 1.76 m.

Lift generated due ailerons will be approximately 3.7 m from fuselage centerline.

Maximum TO weight (MTOW) of JF-17 is about 13500 kg.

It means that half of MTOW around 6750 kg is positioned left and right side of the fuselage centerline. Most of the mass of aircraft is closer to fuselage centerline.

Case 1: The weight of CM400AKG is 910 kg.

Weight of one missile CM400AKG is approximately 13.5% of the half MTOW ie 6750. Furthermore the missile is being stationed at either 3 or 5.

Case 2: JF-17 inboard wing drop tanks weigh around 1100 kg. During emergency, these drop tanks can be jettison. In normal situation both are being jettison simultaneously. However, possibility of jettison failure may occur and one side drop tank may stuck with either station 3 or 5.

Weight of one inboard wing drop tank is approximately 16.3% of the half MTOW ie 6750.

Case 3: Now consider MK-84 and GBU-24 bombs stationed at 3 and 5. MK-84 weighs around 925 kg and GBU-24 weighs around 1050 kg, 13.7% and 15.6% of the half MTOW ie 6750.

For further discussion I will take case 2 as this possibility may occur during hostile situation where pilot is engaged either avoiding incoming threat or approaching hostile area to drop or shoot weapon.

Assuming JF-17 FCS uses aileron to counter the weight differential on the wings.

The total lift required to counter the moment of force generated due to weight differential on the wings will be

= 1100 x 1.76 / 3.7 ~ 523 kg ie about 260 kg in upward and downward directions each side of the fuselage centerline in between stations 1-2 and 6-7.

I am sure JF-17 ailerons can generate this much force to counter the asymmetric loading. Furthermore, modern FCS has the capability of asymmetric use of other control surfaces such as LE and TE flaps and even elevators.

Hi,

I did not express myself properly in the previous post.

I am proud of you---I am proud of you knowing what was being asked and understanding it---you followed it up---and used PHYSICS and explained your answer---.

Now as for that picture---the picture has been there on the internet and yes the plane flew with two missiles one on each inner pylon and it brought excitement to all of us on this forum years and years ago---.

The excitement has not gone away---but the reality is that until and unless it does not come from the horse's mouth---it is not valid---.

WEAPONS WORLD MANTRA---Promise Less---Deliver More.

Hi,

I am proud of you---I am proud of you knowing what was being asked and understanding it---you followed it up---and used PHYSICS and explained your answer---.

Now as for that picture---the picture has been there on the internet and yes the plane flew with two missiles one on each inner pylon and it brought excitement to all of us on this forum years and years ago---.

The excitement has not gone away---but the reality is that until and unless it does not come from the horse's mouth---it is not valid---.

What prove do you want??? that this picture is fake according to you, who are you to put the verdict that this picture is mot genuine
Hi,

Pakistan bought CM-400AKG for what plate-form if it could not fire from JFT, F-16 or from mirages or C-130 :crazy: :crazy: or you're trying to say that JFT carry only 1 CM-400AKG on central hardpoint, but this picture prove you that you're wrong, or you have another retard logic to face save:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall: and please do tell us why and how this picture is not VALID :devil::mad:

Last edited:
What prove do you want??? that this picture is fake according to you, who are you to put the verdict that this picture is mot genuine

Pakistan bought CM-400AKG for what plate-form if it could not fire from JFT, F-16 or from mirages or C-130 :crazy: :crazy: or you're trying to say that JFT carry only 1 CM-400AKG on central hardpoint, but this picture prove you that you're wrong, or you have another retard logic to face save:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall: and please do tell us why and how this picture is not VALID :devil::mad:

Hi,

It can launch a single missile from the centerline mount---is it so difficult for you to understand---.

Son---you have no experience of the weapons world---. Even most of your generals don't know much about it other than what they have---. So---just leave it at that---.

Hi,

It can launch a single missile from the centerline mount---is it so difficult for you to understand---.

Son---you have no experience of the weapons world---. Even most of your generals don't know much about it other than what they have---. So---just leave it at that---.
@MastanKhan

Respected Sir,

It is a common knowledge among aerospace engineers that when a weapon or a drop tank is certified for installation on inboard or outboard wings, it is also cleared for asymmetric payload.

Moreover, wing hardpoint location and maximum allowable payload is determined not only to cater the structural design limits but also to maintain sustainable flight which include asymmetric loading.

Moment of forces will exist due to asymmetric wing loading but easily balanced using ailerons, trimmers and application asymmetric use of control surfaces.

1606628847917.png

Last edited:
Hi,

No wonder the PAF gave you the boot, you don't know anything about what you claim to know.

Hi,

And you have experience of the weapon world even professional members here on PDF don't have the experience like you have all are illiterate and uneducated according to you here on PDF only you are the only educated and sane person here on PDF stop your blabbering

Hi,

You would never know---.

Once there was a private conversation between Khafee and Irfan Baloch about me. Maybe they can shed some light on it---.
I asking to you that you have any PRACTICAL EXPERINCE , forget about Khafee and Irfan Baloch, can prove me that you any PRACTICAL EXPERINCE OF THE WEAPONS WORLD

Hi,

You are a poster on this forum for less than a month---be grateful that I am engaging you in a conversation because you show to be a pakistan. Just be grateful for the favor---.

You might learn something.
i am not new on this forum, i am former pakistanipower/Ultima Thule, and give me my answer DO YOU HAVE ANY PHYSICAL PRACTICAL EXPERINCE OF THE WEAPON WORLD????

i am not new on this forum, i am former pakistanipower/Ultima Thule, and give me my answer DO YOU HAVE ANY PHYSICAL PRACTICAL EXPERINCE OF THE WEAPON WORLD????

Oh---you are one of the very few on my ignore list---. I don't do that unless the poster is totally worthless in his posts. So---here you go.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom