What's new

‘Will worship Indian Air Force from today’

These calamities prove again and again that there is no god,,,,,,and even if one is there he/she dosen't care for our lives so we need to steer clear of him.

Because world works on mutual respect and god certainly has none for us lowly mortals:mad:

But who sent IAF :)

now don't say Modi ;)

modi sheep has replaced even isheep in numbers:rofl:

What is being discussed is a the need for a single engined LIGHT helo (around 3 tons) to replace the IAF's/IA's Cheetah and Cheetak fleets- the ALH is around 5 tons and twin engined. The ALH is a great machine but its very size creates certain issues and limitations for its operation this is why the IA and IAF between them have an ongoing requirement for some 384 Light Utility Helicopters (LUH) and the IN has a separate requirement for 56 naval LUHs.

To be honest there is no reason (other than the relative cheapness of them) why a light helo would perform better than a medium weight helo for SAR in flooded areas like this- in fact a medium weight helo with 2 engines is inherently safer and more useful for SAR (able to rescue more people/airlift more supplies). The ONLY advantage light helos have is that they are able to land in some of the more remote HLZs in India (in the far North).

Like I said, the IAF and IA between them have a requirement for 384 LUHs of which 187 will be this HAL LOH/LUH and 197 some foreign LUH that is manufactured by an Indian pvt entity.

This is on top of the 300 or so ALHs the IAF and IA have in service and on order, additionally another 139 MI-17V5s are in the process of being delivered and finally there is the 15 CH-47Fs that will be HUGE boost for these sort of operations.

What will be the rescuing capacity of these LUHs, I mean how many people can be rescued knowing the there will be already two people inside it (one pilot and another person). Besides these small ones can maneuver through marrow streets or ravines which I think Chinooks cannot do!!

These calamities prove again and again that there is no god,,,,,,and even if one is there he/she dosen't care for our lives so we need to steer clear of him.

Because world works on mutual respect and god certainly has none for us lowly mortals:mad:

the nearest solution lies in alertness. When the met dept. warned everybody including govt. should have listened. Uttarakhand incidents has recently occurred. See, our Odisha CM Naveen Pattanaik. How he managed Phaillin. Of course Odisha suffered a lot in Super Cyclone, but the lesson learnt. So from next year onwards I hope every state Govt. should heed the warning and take it seriously.

What will be the rescuing capacity of these LUHs, I mean how many people can be rescued knowing the there will be already two people inside it (one pilot and another person). Besides these small ones can maneuver through marrow streets or ravines which I think Chinooks cannot do!!

the nearest solution lies in alertness. When the met dept. warned everybody including govt. should have listened. Uttarakhand incidents has recently occurred. See, our Odisha CM Naveen Pattanaik. How he managed Phaillin. Of course Odisha suffered a lot in Super Cyclone, but the lesson learnt. So from next year onwards I hope every state Govt. should heed the warning and take it seriously.
HAL LUHs will carry upto 6 passengers along with 2 member crew or a 500 kg payload.

I saw an angry mob pushing a local kashmiri politician back to his helicopter and Omar Abdullah claiming that being a state government they could not do much to help ppl.

kudos to the soldiers!!
Their efforts will earn them a good name in the region.

Army%E2%80%99s-valiant-rescue-operation-of-Uttarkhand-pilgrims-June%E2%80%9913_amul-ads_vichitrapedia.jpg

LOL. Trust Amul to come up with a pun on any occasion. For those who don't get it, the caption is a pun on the word "karmayogi" - one who dispassionately does his duty, without any thoughts about consequences. Which is what our forces are doing now - rescuing one and all, no questions asked.

^^
A truck serving as a "mobile charging vehicle"? Dang, sometimes people are so resourceful and creative.

That's an IA truck- they have such vehicles for operational reasons.
Specifically to charge cell phones? That's unlikely, since they don't rely on cell phones for communication - they have their own datalinks and network. Maybe they have a generic charging station to charge all sorts of electronic devices, and presently they are (very ingeniously) using it to charge cell phones.

Somehow, a lot of jokes are coming up in my mind about people recharging their cell phones in the middle of a calamity. Of course, the situation is nothing to laugh about - and a working cellular network helps immensely in the rescue and relief efforts.

Back
Top Bottom