What's new

Will Pakistan become the 3rd largest nuclear power in the World?

Increasing nuclear stockpile is not anymore considered great...it is quite the contrary.

Who's not to say that in the face of total annihilation India would take out the holiest sites in Islam?

Yup! some people have tendency to assume that other side play by rules, even when they don't. In face of annihilation, not only would India use nukes on Islam holiest sites, but would also use biological and chemical WMDs.

While India officially does not have WMD's, Bhutan has not signed any convention on chemical and biological weapons. Knowing that Bhutan is protectorate of India, it is not hard to imagine the reason for not doing so.

Increasing nuclear stockpile is not anymore considered great...it is quite the contrary.

It is great if you can build thousands of nukes which could overwhelm missile based BMDS.

Yup! some people have tendency to assume that other side play by rules, even when they don't. In face of annihilation, not only would India use nukes on Islam holiest sites, but would also use biological and chemical WMDs.

While India officially does not have WMD's, Bhutan has not signed any convention on chemical and biological weapons. Knowing that Bhutan is protectorate of India, it is not hard to imagine the reason for not doing so.

It is great if you can build thousands of nukes which could overwhelm missile based BMDS.

Again we have to look at Pakistan's capacity to build nukes at that rate. They don't have much access to Uranium or Thorium or do they have nuclear deals like India has with US and other countries. I guess they may have 120 to 150 nukes and many of them must be of much smaller yields than India's, and the number also could include tactical nukes too, and I don't think it is going to grow anymore than that. Contrary to what is published, Pakistan is severely limited by lack of newer nuclear technology and by small amount of nuclear material at its hand.

Who's not to say that in the face of total annihilation India would take out the holiest sites in Islam?
Pakistan is not planning to annihilate India so take it easy...but you have shown your true colours...We don't want to lay waste to Indian cities rather we want to live in peace but cannot be negligent of our legitimate defence needs.

Pakistan is not planning to annihilate India so take it easy...but you have shown your true colours...We don't want to lay waste to Indian cities rather we want to live in peace but cannot be negligent of our legitimate defence needs.

U mention ending Hinduism but I've shown my true colours?! Lol delusional.

Your minister recently issued a statement that in case of nuclear war 100 - 200 million Indians may die but Pakistan will be decimated and rest of the Indians will make India a great power and bla bla bla....Now show me a single equivalent statement by any Pakistani politician..

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-with-nuclear-attack/articleshow/54575107.cms

U mention ending Hinduism but I've shown my true colours?! Lol delusional.
Why are you so harsh on me while I'm talking about peace...I just said about planning since Pakistan will never be the first to start the war..If you don't start, we don't start the war..but if you start then we will try our best to defend ourselves from the aggression of much larger army and state through whatever means we have at our disposal.

India Times :lol::lol: I won't even open the link :coffee:

There are over 60 cities with more than your llion people in India and the combined population of those cities is around 200 - 250 million so we must aim for more cities including medium to large cities with a population of 0.4 to .6 million as well so that no terrorist minister of India can claim that India will lose 100 - 200 million people only but Pakistan will be done...no sir you are mistaken ..... we shall decimate each and every of your cities and towns and kill upwards of 600 million in direct strikes while the rest will die painfully cooked in radiations and chaos. Not a single inch of India will be liveable for decades to come..so think again before you threaten us with nuclear war.

That means no Hinduism and even if entire Pakistan goes away, still 1.5 billion people around the world will still be Muslims and our caravan will continue

Why this kinda looser talk.. you don't have something constructive .. you can't use all your inventory.. when you fire one.. then you will get no time ...

NO.

To build nukes, you need either Uranium or Plutonium. Pakistan would hit fissile material ceiling at around 170-190 nukes, and thus would not be able to overtake China (which btw ,if wants, could produce thousands of nukes). India could produce around 900 nukes, if it converts all its fissile material into nukes.
why cannot pakistan increase the number of nukes beyond 200 ?

Pakistan should keep advancing in Nuclear technology & making more war heads of all sizes & shape is Pakistans right.

Nop. We already have enough stockpile as deterrence and the major chunk of already enriched Uranium is mainly for Electricity generation and medical etc use (as said by "some" experts according to video).

Will Pakistan Soon Have the World’s Third-Largest Nuclear Arsenal?
Just how many nuclear weapons does Pakistan have?

As my colleague Prashanth Parameswaran already reported last week (See: “Time for Pakistan to Change its Nuclear Strategy: Experts”), a new paper by two American think tanks titled “A Normal Nuclear Pakistan” argues that Pakistan could have the third-biggest nuclear stockpile within a decade and could end up producing 20 nuclear warheads annually.

Furthermore, the report, co-written by two scholars of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace and the Stimson Center, notes that Islamabad is successfully competing with – and likely outperforming – New Delhi in the build-up of its nuclear arsenal.

“Pakistan operates four plutonium production reactors; India operates one. Pakistan has the capability to produce perhaps 20 nuclear warheads annually; India appears to be producing about five warheads annually,” the report states.

Pakistan is estimated to possess around 120 nuclear weapons against India’s 100. However, “[w]hether New Delhi chooses to compete more intensely or not, it is a losing proposition for Pakistan to sustain, let alone expand, its current infrastructure to produce greater numbers of nuclear weapons and their means of delivery,” the study finds.

The authors use the U.S.-Soviet nuclear arms race, which was partially responsible for bankrupting the Soviet Union, as a historical analogy. “Just as the Soviet Union’s large nuclear arsenal was of no help whatsoever for its manifold economic and societal weaknesses, Pakistan’s nuclear weapons do not address its internal challenges,” the study emphasizes.

The study also finds that while India enjoys an advantage in the production of fissile material due to its large power and prototype fast-breeder reactors, Pakistan dedicates more fissile material to the production of nuclear weapons:

In terms of total stockpiles of plutonium and HEU [highly enriched uranium] for nuclear weapons, India has about 600 kilograms of plutonium, while Pakistan has about 170 kilograms of plutonium and 3.1 metric tons of HEU. Assuming that each nuclear weapon would require five kilograms of plutonium or 15 kilograms of HEU, with existing stockpiles of fissile material India could theoretically construct up to 120 weapons, while Pakistan could construct up to 240.

Overall, however, India has a larger stockpile of plutonium than Pakistan, which will be an advantage for New Delhi in the long-run:

Plutonium is in most respects more desirable than HEU as a material for nuclear weapons, given that less of it is required for an equivalently powerful fission bomb, which makes plutonium warheads lighter and more suitable for delivery by ballistic missile.

Due to the larger amount of fissile material dedicated to the production of nuclear weapons, Islamabad could “have a nuclear arsenal not only twice the size of India’s but also larger than those of the United Kingdom, China, and France, giving it the third-largest arsenal behind the United States and Russia,” the authors argue. “Many observers have concluded that Pakistan’s rate of fissile material production (and assumed construction of nuclear weapons) gives it the fastest-growing nuclear weapons stockpile.”

Within ten years Pakistan could field 350 nuclear weapons, the report notes. According to Mansoor Ahmed, a nuclear expert at Quaid-i-Azam University in Islamabad, quoted in the Washington Post, that figure is inflated. He argues that the more likely number is between 40 to 50.

“This report is overblown. However… what the world must understand is that nuclear weapons are part of Pakistan’s belief system. It’s a culture that has been built up over the years because [nuclear weapons] have provided a credible deterrence against external aggression,” he says.

http://thediplomat.com/2015/08/will-pakistan-soon-have-the-worlds-third-largest-nuclear-arsenal/

Again we have to look at Pakistan's capacity to build nukes at that rate. They don't have much access to Uranium or Thorium or do they have nuclear deals like India has with US and other countries. I guess they may have 120 to 150 nukes and many of them must be of much smaller yields than India's, and the number also could include tactical nukes too, and I don't think it is going to grow anymore than that. Contrary to what is published, Pakistan is severely limited by lack of newer nuclear technology and by small amount of nuclear material at its hand.

indian experts used these exact arguments pre-May 1998 to explain why Pakistan would NEVER EVER become a nuclear weapons state with or without Chinese assistance. We know what happened to that indian assumption. And we know what will happen to the above indians assumption aswell.

I want Pakistan to become 3rd largest economy in the world or close. I am an advocate of peace and prosperity.

I fail to understand how building more nuclear bombs is productive for us. If 100 nuclear warheads are not enough to convince our policy makers that our deterrence is credible, 1000 won't either. It is a useless race and utilization of precious resources.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom