2-4 planes as the other would go for export
24 planes in 2018
same for other 2 years
so it would be around 100 more jft planes by 2020
but what about other 80-90 planes
but what would be other option
for me
atleast 36 su35 could fill these 90 planes gap
or chinese used su27/30 which amount around 100 (this might cost us less than 2billion
what r ur views

PAF is not in the position to buy new air crafts nor it will try.PAF will wait for 8 ban F16 and work in JF17 Block 3.

It all depends on the aid we are going to get or on the world powers how much they are going to put in our begging bowl..bikhari mulq.

Crown of bhikari mulk sits firmly on India. They are largest recipient of aid in the world.

New procurements depend on situation. When it is necessary, we will have new aircraft. Don't you worry.

190 is the conservative estimate. If we want to retain our current numbers, we need 260-ish fighters to be replaced. I think producing new JF-17's (as you said) can fill in probably 100 of those slots. We can also ask China to help make us some JF-17's, so now we would need 100 new planes. The other 100 can be filled by new fighter jets being procured.

Here is what I would get (if we cannot wait and want the quickest solution):

30 Su-35's (nice new and powerful aircraft, should be used to support the Navy)
40 J-10's (easy to obtain given our relationship with China and are also new and fairly decent, not to mention cheap)
30 JH-7B's (cheap, easy to obtain, and can support any future 5th gen fighters as well as fill in the gaps)

Here is what I would get (if we can wait for a better solution):

80 J-20's/J-31's (both are great and can help both the Navy and the PAF)
20 JH-7B's (these guys are now even more crucial as they would support our 5th gen fighters)

Last edited:
The awam is ready to participate to buy new air craft for the country.

We have lack of air superiority fighters and long range SAM system This is big haul in our degence

Everything depends on the Finances available
It depends on the threat and the capability of handling hostile situation. The easiest thing would be to increase production of JF-17's. Worst case scenario would lead PAF to ask the Chinese to produce these aircraft and fly them to Pakistan, which can be inducted within days.

Finances are not an issue PAF is already earning money by the sale of its products which infact kept the JF-17 production and development going.

190 is the conservative estimate. If we want to retain our current numbers, we need 260-ish fighters to be replaced. I think producing new JF-17's (as you said) can fill in probably 100 of those slots. The other 150 can be filled by new fighter jets being procured.

Here is what I would get:

50 Su-35's (nice new and powerful aircraft, should be used to support the navy)
50 J-10's (easy to obtain given our relationship with China and are also new and fairly decent, not to mention cheap)
50 JH-7B's (cheap, easy to obtain, and can support any future 5th gen fighters)
What you are trying to say is not practical because different platforms increase operational costs. This is due to various technicalities like building infrastructure, training and tactics etc.

Here is an earlies post of mine that you would find interesting.

The issue with The US Parliamentarians is that they want an end to the F-16 Production Line. Reason for this is the F-35 has taken up a lot of US tax payers hard earned privileges.

If PAF has to pay the full amount then all options would be available. Unfortunately Sanctions may be enforced to block such purchases.

If PAF spends around 4-5 Billion then it can get EFT, F-35, SU-35 and Rafale in decent numbers. The delivery would be around 2018-2019.

F-35 is not offered.

PAF has to decide can they wait for 5-7 years? IF they can then:

The Chinese hope to start mass production of J-31 by 2019.

TFX would be available by 2022-23

Now there is the Naval requirement.
PN requires a decent strike platform but very limited in numbers 1-2 Sqd. This is an immediate requirement.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/responsi...sale-on-the-line.428601/page-10#ixzz47JOYTP7W

we have already heard that paf would retire 190 plane by 2020
so if calc the production jf in coming years it would be
24 in 2016
2-4 planes as the other would go for export
24 planes in 2018
same for other 2 years
so it would be around 100 more jft planes by 2020
but what about other 80-90 planes
but what would be other option
for me
atleast 36 su35 could fill these 90 planes gap
or chinese used su27/30 which amount around 100 (this might cost us less than 2billion
what r ur views

It depends on the threat and the capability of handling hostile situation. The easiest thing would be to increase production of JF-17's. Worst case scenario would lead PAF to ask the Chinese to produce these aircraft and fly them to Pakistan, which can be inducted within days.

Finances are not an issue PAF is already earning money by the sale of its products which infact kept the JF-17 production and development going.

What you are trying to say is not practical because different platforms increase operational costs. This is due to various technicalities like building infrastructure, training and tactics etc.

The issue with The US Parliamentarians is that they want an end to the F-16 Production Line. Reason for this is the F-35 has taken up a lot of US tax payers hard earned privileges.

If PAF has to pay the full amount then all options would be available. Unfortunately Sanctions may be enforced to block such purchases.

If PAF spends around 4-5 Billion then it can get EFT, F-35, SU-35 and Rafale in decent numbers. The delivery would be around 2018-2019.

F-35 is not offered.

PN requires a decent strike platform but very limited in numbers 1-2 Sqd. This is an immediate requirement.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/responsi...sale-on-the-line.428601/page-10#ixzz47JOYTP7W

I know procuring new platforms can be financially tough, but it is a necessary step. I believe what I wrote would work as a current solution if we really need one.

If we were to stick it out, I would ditch the J-10 and instead get a 5th gen fighter in it's place. A Chinese made one would work very well in my opinion. It would be ready before Turkey's and it would also be cheaper. We could go for Turkish models though if we want. Either one would work fine, but I think the Air Force should get them. The Navy can stick it out with the Su-35.

F-35 is not offered.

Tot of j10 in the form of jf 17 block 4 seems a good idea.Your thoughts?

Tot of j10 in the form of jf 17 block 4 seems a good idea.Your thoughts?
No that would be very difficult. JF-17 and J-10 are completely different aircraft design wise. JF-17 Block 4 would have more stealthy look, some suggest J-31 might be actually a JF-17 block 4 though I have my doubts. IMO PAF should have bought the design of TFX single engine configuration and developed the JF-17 Stealth variant. In case the requirement of a Twin engine stealth aircraft was required then the option of TFX the ones Turkey is currently manufacturing. This would also keep the Chinese giving Pakistan the top product rather then subsystems.

J-10's do not fulfill the requirement of PAF and PN as they require a true air superiority fighter which is also capable of taking out deep strike missions which can also be developed further.

tai-tfx-fighter.jpg

@Paksanity What do you think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom