What's new

Will Indians backstab china if China is militarily conflicting with Japan?

No

Indians will not enter or participitate in Sino-Japan war.
Most of time, indian and Chinese members in this forum disgusting with each other. It's time to make change. We need peace with India, to make sure the safety of our southern gate. Unlike Japan, India didn't kill Chinese in such great volume in the historical past. We fall foul with each other in the recent sixty years, not the whole history. Why not say something positive about each country instead of endless spitting and imprecations?

Defence minister Liang had reiterate PLA didn't deploy or try to deploy any troops in Pakistan Kashmir during his visit in India.

LOL...I belong to the Indian side of Kashmir dude..I dont need your Defence minister to know about stuff happenings 100 kms away from me...You can fool other Indians here with that line but not me coz i never rely on Internet links too much.

I just want to list some facts here, it's for you guys to decide if India and China will do.

As many Chinese will tell you, we do not hear about much hostility from India towards us in China. and I think here is why.

India has a long history, but it only fought so few wars. one fought with China and few with Pakistan. I don't think India hates China and Pakistan so much honestly, but they have no more enemy besides us, thus the hostility.

China has fought so many wars, internally and externally, just like Americans, and Europeans . We don't have so much political memory or else we will have no friends left.(just check how many wars were fought between France, Spain, Germany and Britain.)
But only with one exception, and that is Japan. Japan has always been hated in China, from the old dynasties to Nationalist goverment and now PRC.

And if Pakistan also mobilizes its troops, the Indian troops along Pakistani border would be tied down and India would not be able to muster sufficient troops for any meaningful offensive inside Chinese territory, in order to gain undue advantage along the Chinese front.

Considering the odds not favouring Indian offensive design under the circumstances, I really don't think the Indians would probably even attempt such a venture.

You simply cannot draw your troops from the ever going and ever growing WOT just to protect your allies. Its just not the strategy and certainly not of Pakistan. You can never give an aggressive posture along the Indian side keeping your backyard as a theater of war.

I admire that you at least dared to think of this.

LOL...I belong to the Indian side of Kashmir dude..I dont need your Defence minister to know about stuff happenings 100 kms away from me...You can fool other Indians here with that line but not me coz i never rely on Internet links too much.[/QUOTECould you show us some solid proof that PLA is deployed in Pakistan Kirshmir?

India is a very decent and composed regime... it doesn't get involved in wars unnecessarily plus japan is a not our strategic partner so why should we be worrying about them?

Most of time, indian and Chinese members in this forum disgusting with each other. It's time to make change. We need peace with India, to make sure the safety of our southern gate. Unlike Japan, India didn't kill Chinese in such great volume in the historical past. We fall foul with each other in the recent sixty years, not the whole history. Why not say something positive about each country instead of endless spitting and imprecations?

The problem between Indians n Chinese is not what happened in 1962 but the continuous Chinese support for Pak military

How do u expect any improvement in relations when u keep funding our adversaries military buildup...

n now don't give me the crap that u r arming Pak to avoid any Indian invasion
U may check the history records if u wish that all the wars were started by Pak n not India even though we have maintained a much bigger force than them...

You simply cannot draw your troops from the ever going and ever growing WOT just to protect your allies. Its just not the strategy and certainly not of Pakistan. You can never give an aggressive posture along the Indian side keeping your backyard as a theater of war.

We have to assure Pakistan has enough firepower to deter India attack , I mean potential attack. This is not showing our hostility toward India, but our admit and responsibility to Pakistan. We did not sigh treaty with Pakistan as of japan With USA.

India is a very decent and composed regime... it doesn't get involved in wars unnecessarily plus japan is a not our strategic partner so why should we be worrying about them?

India_and_foreign_relations.png

dark blue nations are key strategic, economic,military partners.

Please discuss

At the level of state philosophy, if there is such a thing, India has been a country represented - always - by a philosophy of strategic restraint.

This philosophy insists that it is not in Indian culture or heritage to be an aggressor nation. It is natural that during a very long and poorly recorded history, there will be many examples that may be selected to prove that this was so.

There may be as many examples to prove the contrary. for instance, the Magadhan Empire had bitten deep into the Seleukian successor kingdom to the empire left by Alexander III of Macedon,the Great; the Chola kings of the southern Coromandel coast reinforced existing Tamil settlements in Sri Lanka and consolidated them into an empire of its own; the Cholas went on to influence and even dominate politically large tracts of south east Asia; the Mughals ruled over large parts of Afghanistan; the Maratha admirals dominated the Indian Ocean in their time; the Sikhs penetrated into Afghanistan and into Tibet; and the Gurkha kingdom penetrated into Tibet.

Even a simple glance at these episodes will bear out the evidence of strategic restraint. Indian monarchs were not really oriented to conquests overseas.

British colonial rule was a significant deviation. It is not surprising that the British, being an expansionary power, saw no cultural or legacy related constraint on their actions. They expanded from their Indian base in every direction: into Sri Lanka, to Aden, to the Gulf states, to Afghanistan, to Tibet, to Burma, to the Straits of Malacca, indeed, to China itself. This was significant because it left India, at independence, with contradictions in its policies.

While the cultural constraint was a powerful influence, it was traditional to hold what a state had. The Indian state had boundaries which were never well defined, with the Ottoman Empire in the Gulf, with Afghanistan, with Tibet or even with Burma. In fact, even while both Sri Lanka and India were under common administrative control, there were anomalies - the island of Kachchateevu, for instance - that caused problems.

These boundary issues were divided with the progressive departure of the British. Kuwait inherited - was itself - the boundary issue with the Mesopotamian province; Pakistan got Gwadar and the Afghan border; India got the Tibetan, Burmese and Sri Lankan borders.

This messy situation with the borders prevented India from reverting to its traditional posture of strategic restraint until the blood-letting of the 1962 border conflict with China. That was the last occasion on which the Indian state found itself at war over boundaries. And the result of that conflict firmly reinforced the tendency to observe strategic restraint.

On subsequent occasions, in 1965, in 1971, in 2002, and on all occasions on the border with China, India observed strategic restraint.

From the point of view of the philosophy guiding Indian foreign relations therefore, it is unlikely that India will take sides against China under any circumstances. There can be dramatic exceptions, linked to an outrage perpetrated by China, but there is no possibility of violence under normal circumstances.

Thank you for the admiration. Let me tell you a secret.

The moment Pakistan announces that it is being threatened by India and moves its troops towards Indian border, the same people Pakistan is fighting against will join us to fight against India.

We probably would again start fighting amongst ourselves after we take care of Indian hides.

You guys may not understand this reality - please don't.

stupid question.First of all there is no question if backstabbing even if India supports japan.

IMO India wil not get involved in the conflict.Moreover there has been no DIRECT involvement of China in india- pakistan wars/conflicts/strategic issues..thus it is less likely that India will try to poke China.

But if China has any concerns like this at all that India may stand against China in a China vs xyz nation's conflict..then it is high time that they stop getting involved in India's affairs or helping others to harm India.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom