What's new

"Will cut tongue of anyone who wants to change Blasphemy Laws" - JI

I din't issue any Fatwas, did I ?

Who is "assuming" now ?

As for who is (or isn't) a JI apologist, 17 pages of discussion and it's there for everyone to see who has gone to great lengths trying to defend the indefensible ... I didn't mention any names

Yes, for all to see who the real extremists are in this thread and who are issuing fatwas and who their supporters are.

http://www.bbc.com/urdu/pakistan-39803444

Would be good if someone would be kind enough to translate this.

crappy translation gist seems to be - Pakistani Hindu in 'Hub Balochistan' has been accused of blasphemy and a mob has gathered - violence ensued, possibly deaths??

Last edited:
http://www.bbc.com/urdu/pakistan-39803444

Would be good if someone would be kind enough to translate this.

crappy translation gist seems to be - Pakistani Hindu is 'Hub Balochistan' has been accused of blasphemy and a mob has gathered - violence ensued, possibly deaths??
https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/pak...y-charged-mob-gathers-outside-police-station/

BBC tho is reporting that a kid is dead because armed protestors did firing they also tried to burn down the police station.

https://en.dailypakistan.com.pk/pak...y-charged-mob-gathers-outside-police-station/

BBC tho is reporting that a kid is dead because armed protestors did firing they also tried to burn down the police station.

And BBC was told that the angry protesters want all Hindu owned businesses in the town to be closed down forcefully !! ....... Just because one Hindu has been accused of Blasphemy

RIP to the 13-year old boy who lost his life. The murderers most probably will get off scot-free

Actions and words that are meant to disrespect a religion or what others hold sacred. It is quite simple.

What actions and what words? And who is going to decide that?

Personally I have simple view on this whole blasphemy laws and the related debate.

In early times of Messenger (Peace be upon him) he and his followers were lesser in numbers (in a weak position), they were all insulted, harmed and tortured in any possible way the opposing non believers could come up with. And being in a weak position hardly enables you to fight back, make laws and implement them on majority ....... so the resultant migration from Messenger's hometown to Madina ............. now while living in Madina Messenger (Peace be upon him) focused on training people gathering strength and establishing a system ........... the number of followers grew though there were hypocrites and others but none of them could dare harm / insult Messenger (peace be upon him) and his followers openly and publicly, hence no need and room for blasphemy and related laws. Now after Messenger (Peace be upon him) departed this world most of the Arabs were his companions and believers and none could think of any sorts of insult or blasphemy, again they were people truly following Quran and no room for blasphemy and related laws .............. the times changed territory and people grew non Arabs entered the fold of Islam with their own traditions and beliefs, there was territorial expansion where non Muslims would become citizens of Islamic rule .............. now the situation is different ethnicities living under one rule ....... what should be the ideal situation ........... the majority should respect the minorities beliefs and not force them into anything that is insulting for them, because majority has the power but with power also comes the responsibility .... and minority should in return respect the beliefs of majority again an environment where hormones of people are control and they respect each other and live side by side, no need for laws .......... Take a leap further and land into today's world, with rampant ignorance and mediums of spreading messages (in very little time) available to anyone good and bad ......... the need for State to adopt measures for monitoring and preventing law and order situation becomes important ......... hence the necessity for laws that can prevent anyone from harming, insulting anyone else's beliefs, openly or covertly by remaining anonymous ........ the burden on state has increased but means to meet the challenges have also improved ......... what should happen ideally State should have the just laws in place and take charge of the law and order situation ...... make the citizens (irrespective of their beliefs) realise that State is present and won't tolerate injustice and anarchy ............ but sadly what we see in Pakistan is State succumbing to black mail and failing to do timely justice ....... the need for laws remains there because we have an intolerant society that is hell bent on self destruction.

At individual level I hardly feel insecure by anyone's remarks because I believe in

Warafaana-Laka-Zikrak_art.jpg

I'm shocked that there are people with ISIS/TTP mentality people here. This is just disgusting. Please stop this radical extremism it's unhealthy and so far from Faith.

Funny how the only people supporting this law and mentality are the ones living outside Pakistan.

it is because they are not here to feel the heat and what other easy way they have to get the straight ticket to janat than to support the (unislamic) blasphemy law
OSP,s have a distroted view of what a perfect Islamic society should be like

That makes me wonder.. The ideology behind the existence of Pakistan is Islamism.

Then what will happen when she advances more and more and One day atheists outnumber islamists like it will happen in every nation eventually?

That is a really interesting phenomenon and I think it deserves to be researched throughly.

Research? Doesn't take a genius to figure out what would happen. Pakistan would be pretty much the same, only nobody would care about blasphemy anymore and there wouldn't be any praying.

Back
Top Bottom