What's new

Will China and India grow together or grow apart?

How does this one comment gets chosen by you to become the prized example of the Indian side of the argument ?

Like Sir Leigh Teabing says: It is called scotoma. The mind sees what it wants to see.

I believe you just answered your own question there. :tup:

Humans are subjective creatures by nature, though of course we will always try to be objective in things that we see as important, such as in our studies, and in our work.

In my perspective, Veeru's views are indicative regarding Sino-Indian relations/hostility. All the way back to 1959 when India hosted our largest separatist group on their soil.

It is my view that India has always been uncomfortable with China's possession of Tibet. In my opinion, they would prefer Tibet as an independent buffer zone.

Veeru's views reflect that thinking quite well.

I believe you just answered your own question there. :tup:

Humans are subjective creatures by nature, though of course we will always try to be objective in things that we see as important, such as in our studies, and in our work.

In my perspective, Veeru's views are indicative regarding Sino-Indian relations/hostility. All the way back to 1959 when India hosted our largest separatist group on their soil.

It is my view that India has always been uncomfortable with China's possession of Tibet. In my opinion, they would prefer Tibet as an independent buffer zone.

Veeru's views reflect that thinking quite well.

Hmmm... I think you're a little to hung up on Tibet sir. Anyway why do you only reply to (what you feel are) the negative posts. I read many other posts by Indian members on this thread which were much more substantial. Yet you picked this one as an example of the "Indian side".

Hmmm... I think you're a little to hung up on Tibet sir. Anyway why do you only reply to (what you feel are) the negative posts. I read many other posts by Indian members on this thread which were much more substantial. Yet you picked this one as an example of the "Indian side".

As I said before, in my personal opinion, Veeru's post is the most indicative regarding Sino-Indian relations/hostility over the past half century.

If India did not host the Tibetan government in exile in 1959, it would have been a different world, in this region at least.

The continued hosting of our largest separatist group for well over half a century, clearly shows their intentions, again in my opinion of course.

As I said before, in my personal opinion, Veeru's post is the most indicative regarding Sino-Indian relations/hostility over the past half century.

If India did not host the Tibetan government in exile in 1959, it would have been a different world, in this region at least.

The continued hosting of our largest separatist group for well over half a century, clearly shows their intentions, again in my opinion of course.

That depends on how you look at it. Anyway I won't argue with you over something off topic.

To clarify further, I picked this post as an example of the Indian side, because in my perspective, it is.

I could be wrong of course, but that is my perspective.

That depends on how you look at it. Anyway I won't argue with you over something off topic.

Don't worry, I think that this line of discussion is certainly relevant, considering the topic of the thread.

What other way is there to look at it?

Don't worry, I think that this line of discussion is certainly relevant, considering the topic of the thread.

What other way is there to look at it?

Have you ever considered the possibility that the exiled Tibetan government is allowed to stay in India as a sign of compassion and goodwill? (On part of the Indian government)

Have you ever considered the possibility that the exiled Tibetan government is allowed to stay in India as a sign of compassion and goodwill? (On part of the Indian government)

There are so many countries in the world that willingly take in refugees, even ones that have fled after a failed violent uprising like the one in 1959.

India however has always had strategic intentions on Tibet (in my opinion) as a vital buffer state, and India also happens to border Tibet, and can cause plenty of mischief simply by letting the exile government hurl propaganda at us.

Any country in the world could have taken them in, but instead it was India, the country who borders and has ambitions regarding Tibet. The country that has an interest in causing instability in China. Nehru's forward policy and the 1962 war clinched the deal. All in my perspective of course.

Also, don't you think that if the false song of Hindi-China bhai bhai (as sung by Nehru) was true, then why did they host our largest separatist group in 1959?

There are so many countries in the world that willingly take in refugees, even ones that have fled after a failed violent uprising like the one in 1959.

India however has always had strategic intentions on Tibet (in my opinion) as a vital buffer state, and India also happens to border Tibet, and can cause plenty of mischief simply by letting the exile government hurl propaganda at us.

Any country in the world could have taken them in, but instead it was India, the country who borders and has ambitions regarding Tibet. The country that has an interest in causing instability in China. Nehru's forward policy and the 1962 war clinched the deal. All in my perspective of course.

Also, don't you think that if the false song of Hindi-China bhai bhai (as sung by Nehru) was true, then why did they host our largest separatist group in 1959?

Well don't you think that's it's only logical that India since it borders China was why, they (the Tibetans) felt would be their best choice. As to the Indian government's intentions, we can speculate. It could have been because of ambitions of land as you say or simply because of human compassion.

We aren't evil people you know despite what some people here would have you think.

Last edited:
We aren't evil people you know despite what some people here would have you think.

I don't consider "people" to be evil. There are plenty of Indians in Hong Kong, and I treat them exactly the same way that I treat all other human beings, i.e. with politeness and respect.

India is doing what is best for India, that conflicts with what is best for China. That is the problem.

Well don't you think that's it's only logical that India since it borders China was what they (the Tibetans) felt would be their best choice. As to the Indian government's intentions, we can speculate. It could have been because of ambitions of land as you say or simply because of human compassion.

The Chinese position is that Tibet is a part of China, for historical etc. reasons. There won't be a referendum, for the same reason India won't give a plebiscite to Kashmiris.

Anyway, due to the millions of Han Chinese now in the western provinces, it would be easy to get off on the technically of having greater numbers.

It is my view that India has always been uncomfortable with China's possession of Tibet.
My knowledge is bleak regarding what was Indian stand back,i do remember reading that Nehru was supporting the Tibetans in the back.

In my opinion, they would prefer Tibet as an independent buffer zone.
Yes! this was one of the thoughts back then,but what matters is today's reality,that Tibet is recognized by India as Chinese territory.

Yes! this was one of the thoughts back then,but what matters is today's reality,that Tibet is recognized by India as Chinese territory.

Officially perhaps, but unofficially, they have been supporting the Tibetan government in exile for over half a century.

It could have been disbanded at any time, with them living out their lives peacefully. Instead, it was seen as a fantastic opportunity to keep the pressure up on China... with the Dalai Lama and his "exile government" jet-setting all over the world to spread his message, with the blessings of India.

Also, in the recent joint-statement, the Indian government refused to clarify their stance on the one-China policy. This could possibly lead to a change in official policy, in order to align better with the underlying intentions.

As before, this is my perspective.

While I agree with you in principle and content, I am sure that you will find many Indian philosophers and thinkers who would offer similar advice and all of whom predate comrade Deng xiao-Ping. One particular genius of a philosopher who lived a thousand years ago comes to the mind.

A trivial point really.

I chose it for the irony. The advice is excellent in itself, and displays Deng's rock-solid common sense. It is all the more piquant in that China has, as mentioned, lost track of nearly half of the sage advice herself.

Which Indian philosopher dating to around 1000 AD did you have in mind?

Well just leave India alone stop poking nose into Kashmir and arunachal Pradesh that’s more than enough for us. You can invade rest of the word and we don’t have any issue with that.

Officially perhaps, but unofficially, they have been supporting the Tibetan government in exile for over half a century.

It could have been disbanded at any time, with them living out their lives peacefully. Instead, it was seen as a fantastic opportunity to keep the pressure up on China... with the Dalai Lama and his "exile government" jet-setting all over the world to spread his message, with the blessings of India.

Also, in the recent joint-statement, the Indian government refused to clarify their stance on the one-China policy. This could possibly lead to a change in official policy, in order to align better with the underlying intentions.

As before, this is my perspective.

Don’t be so innocent my friend.
Why should we clear our stand if Chinese government wants to poke nose in Arunachal and Kashmir?

Back
Top Bottom