Indian King cobra

Juvenile-king-cobra---defensive-posture.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Tiger nails with me :D

Indian King cobra

Juvenile-king-cobra---defensive-posture.jpg

Its illegal to keep.
but I had black buck skin :D

I have been to some reserves/ NP. If you love wildlife and want to enjoy with least restrictions I would suggest Pilibhit tiger reserve ( for tigers n crocodile) and Bardia national park in Nepal.

Its illegal to keep.
but I had black buck skin :D

I have been to some reserves/ NP. If you love wildlife and want to enjoy with least restrictions I would suggest Pilibhit tiger reserve ( for tigers n crocodile) and Bardia national park in Nepal.

I got those Tiger nails from my Grand father, He used to work in Tribal areas , one day a tribal came and gave those.

:

Yellow Throat Bulbul ( A bird endemic to South India)

The Yellow-throated Bulbul is a species of bulbul endemic to southern peninsular India. They are found on scrub habitats on steep, rocky hills many of which are threatened by granite quarrying. It is confusable only with the White-browed Bulbul with which its range overlaps but is distinctively yellow on the head and throat apart from the yellow vent. The calls of this species are very similar to that of the White-browed Bulbul.

_D096231.jpg

7493256150_5acd7cfec9_z.jpg

Changeable Hawk-Eagle

Changeable Hawk-Eagles breed in the Indian Subcontinent, mainly in India and Sri Lanka, and from the southeast rim of the Himalaya across Southeast Asia to Indonesia and the Philippines. This is a bird occurring singly (outside mating season) in open woodland, although island forms prefer a higher tree density. It builds a stick nest in a tree and lays a single egg.

CHE+0803.jpg

220px-Changeable_Hawk_Eagle_Bandipur.jpg

Forest Owlet( Found only in Central India , another endemic species )

The Forest Owlet (Athene blewitti) is an owl that is endemic to the forests of central India. This species belongs to the typical owls family, Strigidae. After it was described in 1873 and last seen in the wild in 1884, it was considered extinct until it was rediscovered 113 years later in 1997 by Pamela Rasmussen. Searches for the species in the supposed localities given in the labels of specimens where it had been collected failed until it was discovered that these specimens had been stolen from the British Museum by Richard Meinertzhagen and resubmitted with new labels bearing false location information

Back-profile-of-forest-owlet.jpg

owlet_forest_02.jpg

forestandspotted.jpg

The Rose-ringed Parakeet (Psittacula krameri), also known as the Ring-necked Parakeet, is a gregarious tropical Afro-Asian parakeet species that has an extremely large range. Since the trend of the population appears to be increasing, the species has been evaluated as Least Concern by IUCN in 2009.

Rose-ringed_Parakeets_%28Male_%26_Female%29-_During_Foreplay_at_Hodal_I_Picture_0034.jpg

tumblr_m6ybbq9rU61rvtlv9o1_1280.jpg

RingneckWBPk3_U42lbluecinnmale3_med.jpg

IndianRingneckBlueinflight.jpg

I love this thread :smitten:. Its amazing we are the only country where the 2 largest felids coexist. I hope they introduce lions to MP now, Gir is becoming overpopulated.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom