What's new

Why would Greek civilization be considered Western and Iranian civilization

lol, well, Germany, France, and U.K etc leading the way...but counting countries like Greece, Georgia, Romania, and even Canada etc with 'advance space program' is nothing but inaccurate.

Again, having a space program or not doesn't mean much. Your comparison of China and Syria, and saying somehow Chinese were genetically more intelligent because they have space program, was misleading.

As for Africa, I find the Ishango bone to be quite intriguing. The Ishango Bone - 22,000 Year Old Math Calculator - YouTube

Interesting...Thanks for sharing..

The western branch of the Indo Iranians got separated from those who moved east long before the ancient Hindu texts were written. So calling the Hinduism and caste system, a creation of Iranians is nothing short of distorting the history to a great extent.

I'm not saying that Iranians are Aryans that invaded India. But they are cousins. Look my statement again.

I'm not saying that Iranians are Aryans that invaded India. But they are cousins. Look my statement again.

May Jesus bless you .. amen.

Congenital blindness (blindness by birth) doesn't mean that you can't lead a happy life... although acceptance of the fact is the first step to regaining happiness.

Just change your attitute and your will be fine.

If you need help, feel free to contact me.

You didn't mean the same thing, :wacko: BTW Indo-Aryan languages(Vedic Sanskrit included) has very complex phonology like the sounds like gh, ch, jh, th, dh, ph, bh etc . which is even alien to Iranians. The ancient Iranians pronounced Gandhara as Gandara.

Could this also be referring to the Kurgan hypothesis in some ways? The Kurgan hypothesis in my opinion is the most plausible explanation of the spread of ancient Indo-European tribes.

The Indo-Iranian people migrated from the proto-Indo-European homeland to Andronovo, & then the second migration from Andronovo brought them to lands ranging from the Iranian plateau to the Indus. As I understand it, Europe already had a population residing there from Paleolithic times, but migrations did occur towards Europe from the PIE homeland around the Black Sea.

If I am not mistaken, the Latins; a tribe in Italia & one of the original residents of Rome are also considered to have migrated from the PIE homeland.

Still does explain the presence of the J-1 hapologrup genes among Greeks and Italic peoples. Since Western civilization had Near Eastern origins (from Phoenician writing to Mesopotamian agriculture), it's more likely that Neolithic farmers from the fertile crescent migrated to Mainland Europe (all the to the Po Valley and present day Austria) and interacted with the local population during the PIE migration to Europe. BTW you seem interested in European affairs? I thought you more proud of your Semitic roots, since Semitic peoples played an large contribution to Human Civilization.

Still does explain the presence of the J-1 hapologrup genes among Greeks and Italic peoples. Since Western civilization had Near Eastern origins (from Phoenician writing to Mesopotamian agriculture), it's more likely that Neolithic farmers from the fertile crescent migrated to Mainland Europe (all the to the Po Valley and present day Austria) and interacted with the local population during the PIE migration to Europe. BTW you seem interested in European affairs? I thought you more proud of your Semitic roots, since Semitic peoples played an large contribution to Human Civilization.

That is why I mentioned the Etruscans that were present in Italia, they were probably from ancient Anatolia (Lydia), & might be responsible for the presence of the haplogroup J. The Roman Empire also faced migrations from different regions & there was intermarriage between different ethnic groups. Agriculture expanded not just by migration but also by the flow of knowledge. That doesn't clash with the Kurgan hypothesis of course; the Latins tribe migrated from the PIE homeland, as did the Greeks. So the Romans were Indo-European people, & as per this hypothesis; the migrating tribes assimilated with the Paleolithic European populations. The Mycenaean Greeks had their own script as far as I know, but it was eventually replaced with a modified form of the Phoenician alphabets. I mentioned that earlier on this thread too. Yes, the Greeks learnt from Phoenicians & Mesopotamians, but they made lots of contributions of their own in the fields of architecture, medicine, philosophy, etc. The Phoenicians themselves migrated & had trade relations with different people. The city of Carthage for instance was founded by Phoenician migrants.

European affairs? This is a forum, & members can contribute to any topic they want, be it events in the Middle East, Europe, or America. Are you sure you haven't confused me with someone else? I never said I had Semitic roots. I am Pakistani, a Kashmiri by ethnicity.

lol, well, Germany, France, and U.K etc leading the way...but counting countries like Greece, Georgia, Romania, and even Canada etc with 'advance space program' is nothing but inaccurate.

Greece is one of the most, if not the most, scientific countries in the world. Euclid, Thales, Pythagoras, Archimedes, Diophantus, Hipparchus etc. were absolutely brilliant. Greece can never be underestimated. Canada has the space arm, a marvelous achievement in its own right.

Osama, they are still Western Civilizations.

You can't change the consensus of historians Osama.

Hilly billy, you are conducting what is known as "Fallacy of Presentism" ....If you had taken history classes at higher level, which you obviously haven't, then you would know what I am talking about.

You are judging these civilizations from TODAY'S perspective..and calling them "Western" in modern sense. If you went to ancient times, and told Greeks that they were a part of 'Western Civilization' just like Germans, Northern Europeans, and others...Greeks would have laughed at you and made fun of you.

Greece and Rome, as I have shown you by referencing to text books, Historians, and Professors, were Mediterranean Civilizations. Yes, they formed the basis of Western world...but during their time, there was nothing as 'Western World'...

Please, stop embarrassing yourself.

Greece is one of the most, if not the most, scientific countries in the world. Euclid, Thales, Pythagoras, Archimedes, Diophantus, Hipparchus etc. were absolutely brilliant. Greece can never be underestimated. Canada has the space arm, a marvelous achievement in its own right.

I am talking about modern times.

If we go by the past, we have to say "Arabs are one of the most scientific people in the world". Well, it might have been right in 9th, 10th, 11th, or 12th century etc..but today, its obviously a false statement. Same goes for Greece.

Today, Turkey is far more scientifically/economically advance than Greece, which is actually bankrupt lol..

Ever since that "faithfulguy" linked that satirical film to stormfront we have had an onslaught of white supremacists. That guy should get a life time ban.

Hilly billy, you are conducting what is known as "Fallacy of Presentism" ....If you had taken history classes at higher level, which you obviously haven't, then you would know what I am talking about.

You are judging these civilizations from TODAY'S perspective..and calling them "Western" in modern sense. If you went to ancient times, and told Greeks that they were a part of 'Western Civilization' just like Germans, Northern Europeans, and others...Greeks would have laughed at you and made fun of you.

Hassan, they are still considered to be Western.

Sorry to interrupt Hassan, please keep going.

Hassan, they are still considered to be Western.

Sorry to interrupt Hassan, please keep going.

It cannot be a 1 way affair. Only if Greeks consider themselves Western can they be considered Western. It's like Chinese claiming Koreans as Chinese. That would be legit only if Koreans consider themselves Chinese.

It cannot be a 1 way affair. Only if Greeks consider themselves Western can they be considered Western. It's like Chinese claiming Koreans as Chinese. That would be legit only if Koreans consider themselves Chinese.

Go to the average Greek on the street and tell them they're not Westerners. Don't blame me for the response you get.

Those ancient Greeks - Ellins, most of them became extinct in the 2-3 centuries AC.

Go to the average Greek on the street and tell them they're not Westerners. Don't blame me for the response you get.

Ancient Greeks never considered themselves Westerners. Way to try coattail the ancient Greeks. Grow a spine, will ya? :bunny:

Back
Top Bottom