What's new

Why was there never an Islamic invasion of Nepal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strategically not important and militarily hard to conquer due to terrain. Same is the case with North-eastern states of India- Nagaland,Manipur and Mizoram. Mughals could never taste success in Assam inspite of trying repeatedly due to tough terrain.
Maybe Mongoloid Hindus like Nepalis and Assamese are better fighters than Caucasian Hindus.;) jk of course.

What do you mean Islamic? I find that wording...suspicious...maybe you should be forthright.

Maybe Mongoloid Hindus like Nepalis and Assamese are better fighters than Caucasian Hindus.;) jk of course.
Well Gurkhas are among best soldiers in the world on any terrain but for mountains, they are unmatched!! British tried to invade Nepal but they were beaten and forced to sign treaty with them instead.

Why would there be an invasion of a religion? Is Islam a military religion to instill fear among people to convert them? I have a serious issue with God even though I am Muslim. Why do he want a military invasion in every country? Why didn't he send a prophet / messenger in Nepal to make them Muslims. Why do he want military invasion?

I am forthright, what do you think I am intending to say?

You are intending to say that Muslims invaded countries to spread Islam. Is that it? Because I can't read your mind. I am just guessing.

EDIT: Because your wording of the question is stupid. A religion cannot invade a nation. People do.

You are intending to say that Muslims invaded countries to spread Islam. Is that it? Because I can't read your mind. I am just guessing.

EDIT: Because your wording of the question is stupid. A religion cannot invade a nation. People do.
Islam has spread to other places like Indonesia and Bengal peacefully but for most of South Asia isn't that how they got into contact with Islam?
The wording is fine, people will refer to it on the internet as Islamic invasion of Spain or India.

Islam has spread to other places like Indonesia and Bengal peacefully but for most of South Asia isn't that how they got into contact with Islam?
The wording is fine, people will refer to it on the internet as Islamic invasion of Spain or India.

In South Asia Islam was spread my merchants and traders from the Arabian peninsula first. The armies came later. So the contact with Islam was not through conquest. The armies didn't introduce Islam.

How come no one refers to the invasion of North and South America as a christen invasion? Because people invade and conquer regions for economic and strategic reasons. Not religion.

But Nepal is not all Mongoloid and neither is Assam. Ofcourse both Nepalis and Assamese were more adapted at guerilla warfare in mountainous terrain hence it was real tough for invading armies to defeat them. I don't believe in racial bravado stories BTW ;)

Are you Indian Gorkha or Nepali btw ?

Depends on who you mean by barbarians?

The Muslim hordes - the invaders - they were often called barbarians - especially the one's who came down from central asia.

The Muslim hordes - the invaders - they were often called barbarians - especially the one's who came down from central asia.

Pray tell me which Muslim horde invaded Arabia? You said the hordes invaded Arabia but there was no oil there at the time, unless you do not know what Arabia is then that is a different story.

Barbarians are those without culture, language etc. Mughals for example adopted persian culture and invaded south asia, they were anything but barbarian. And hindus should be greatefull to them, they also abolished Sati.

Strategically not important and militarily hard to conquer due to terrain. Same is the case with North-eastern states of India- Nagaland,Manipur and Mizoram. Mughals could never taste success in Assam inspite of trying repeatedly due to tough terrain.

Only Aurangzdeb continuously tried to capture Assam and we know he was a zealot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom