What's new

Why was there never an Islamic invasion of Nepal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have in fact read a few books dealing with Western Europe, its civilization, its history, etc... French would be very angry at your characterization of them as Germans. Maybe you think of 'White' people as Germans. That would be very wrong of course.

You need to improve your theory with available evidence, not your own peculiar interpretations.

They are German tribe my friend....old old time ago..........Roman empires was fought by so many German tribes before....and French take the piece of Roman Empire...so they name it as French. Same like Britain, Scotland, etc they are different ethnic group.....but all of them comes from Germany area....

I have said before...in my theory it is somewhere in Himalayan mountain....Actually Historian is also confused of why Mongol didnt attack India when it attacked Muslim world....so this theory is very logic isnt it ?

Mongols did attack India, but didn't succeed at first.
Mughals who were successors of the mongols in central Asia, finally formed an empire in India.

The remaining of the wall...? I dont know.....as Quran told that it will be destroyed...and Yajuj Majuj will come...and it is the sign of End World...I believe we have already been so near....(just learning from Hadist of our prophet and see today phenomenon...it is a crystal clear)
If there was such as great wall as you suggest, it would definitely would have been discovered by now, especially if it had really prevented the mongols from attacking India.
I suppose you already know that there are plenty of mountain passes in the Himalayan mountains through which trade has been happening between India and China/Tibet since centuries. There is a highway connecting China to Pakistan. There is a proposal for train and road links between Tibet and Nepal..

Mughals who were successors of the mongols in central Asia, finally formed an empire in India.

Yup, I have posted a post telling that only when the wall is there...the Mongol can not come...not the entire time

Mughal of course a Mongol

Zoroastrianism was not prevalent during the time of Cyrus. His religion can not be fixed with certainty. If he is indeed Zulqarnain, then he was a monotheist.
Though it is generally believed that Zarathushtra's teachings exerted an influence on Cyrus's acts and policies, no clear evidence has been found that indicates that Cyrus practiced a specific religion. Pierre Briant wrote that given the poor information we have, "it seems quite reckless to try to reconstruct what the religion of Cyrus might have been." His liberal and tolerant views towards other religions have made some scholars consider Cyrus a Zoroastrian king. Other scholars emphasize the fact that Cyrus is known only to have honored non-Zoroastrian gods. The Cyrus Cylinder, for instance, appeals to the help of the Babylonian gods Marduk, Bêl, and Nabû.
The policies of Cyrus with respect to treatment of minority religions are well documented in Babylonian texts as well as Jewish sources and the historians accounts. Cyrus had a general policy of religious tolerance throughout his vast empire. Whether this was a new policy or the continuation of policies followed by the Babylonians and Assyrians (as Lester Grabbe maintains) is disputed. He brought peace to the Babylonians and is said to have kept his army away from the temples and restored the statues of the Babylonian gods to their sanctuaries.
His treatment of the Jews during their exile in Babylon after Nebuchadnezzar II destroyed Jerusalem is reported in the Bible. The Jewish Bible's Ketuvim ends in Second Chronicles with the decree of Cyrus, which returned the exiles to the Promised Land from Babylon along with a commission to rebuild the temple.
As a result of Cyrus's policies, the Jews honored him as a dignified and righteous king. He is the only Gentile to be designated as Messiah, a divinely appointed leader, in the Tanakh (Isaiah 45:1–6). Isaiah 45:13: "I will raise up Cyrus in my righteousness: I will make all his ways straight. He will rebuild my city and set my exiles free, but not for a price or reward, says Yahweh Almighty." As the text suggests, Cyrus did ultimately release the nation of Israel from its exile without compensation or tribute. Traditionally, the entire book of Isaiah is believed to pre-date the rule of Cyrus by about 120 years. These particular passages (Isaiah 40–55, often referred to as Deutero-Isaiah) are believed by most modern critical scholars to have been added by another author toward the end of the Babylonian exile (ca. 536 BC). Whereas Isaiah 1–39 (referred to as Proto-Isaiah) saw the destruction of Israel as imminent, and the restoration in the future, Deutero-Isaiah speaks of the destruction in the past (Isa 42:24–25), and the restoration as imminent (Isa 42:1–9). Notice, for example, the change in temporal perspective from (Isa 39:6–7), where the Babylonian Captivity is cast far in the future, to (Isa 43:14), where the Israelites are spoken of as already in Babylon. According to the traditional view, these final chapters were written by the same author, who spoke about a future situation of which he had prophetic knowledge.
Josephus, the first-century Jewish historian, relates the traditional view of the Jews regarding the prediction of Cyrus in Isaiah in his Antiquities of the Jews, book 11, chapter 1.
Some contemporary Muslim scholars have suggested that the Qur'anic figure of Dhul-Qarnayn is Cyrus the Great. This theory was proposed by Sunni scholar Abul Kalam Azad and endorsed by Shi'a scholars Allameh Tabatabaei, in his Tafsir al-Mizan and Makarem Shirazi.

Cyrus may not have been Zoroastrian, but he was definitely not monotheistic.

If there was such as great wall as you suggest, it would definitely would have been discovered by now, especially if it had really prevented the mongols from attacking India.
I suppose you already know that there are plenty of mountain passes in the Himalayan mountains through which trade has been happening between India and China/Tibet since centuries. There is a highway connecting China to Pakistan. There is a proposal for train and road links between Tibet and Nepal..

Yup...maybe the link that is near Mongol tribe. Just like China who made great wall step by step...so making a wall at some known passing route is still useful to protect from ancient invasion. For your information, Quran only told about one wall...so it might be not as significant tool for protecting a land within long time period.

There are many old evidence about something that even we just know it now......just like in Indonesia...where Papandayan Mount is actually a Pyramid (theory) and there are many old material found...Today our scientist and western one as well are still investigating.

Cyrus may not have been Zoroastrian, but he was definitely not monotheistic.

My friend, you are quoting a source which supports my view about difficulty in establishing religious views of Cyrus with any certainty, and then you make a very categorical statement. Are you not contradicting yourself? Do understand that I qualified my opinion with an IF, because I could not be certain.

In any case it is not an important issue. What does it matter any way? Let us leave it.

Buddy, looking at the thread title and your post makes me think that you are confusing Islamic invasion with Mughal Empire. Turkic invasions of South Asia started in late 10th century. By early 11th Century, Lahore was in firm control of Ghaznavids. In the next century, Ghaurid empire extended upto Bengal. Qutbuddin Aibak was the first rule of the so-called "Slave Dynasty". He is buried in Lahore. The Sultanate of Delhi continued under various dynasties (Slave, Khilji, Tughluq, Lodhi) til it was absorbed by Mughal empire.

Bakhtiar Khilji, the general who conquered Bengal with only a few soldiers planned a military campaign to Tibet. Doubtless, he must have passed through what is Nepal today. In the end, he barely made it back with a handful of soldiers, having lost his army in the mountains. Served him right, though. He was brave, but too bloodthirsty and reckless.
If that's the case then it must have been a combination of geography and Tibetan army as the Tibetan tribes where very strong.

Aren't you dudes near the himalayas? Maybe that is why? Not worth it imo.
There are quite a few open plains near the south on the border with India, the various Muslim empires could have easily conquered those.

My friend, you are quoting a source which supports my view about difficulty in establishing religious views of Cyrus with any certainty, and then you make a very categorical statement. Are you not contradicting yourself? Do understand that I qualified my opinion with an IF, because I could not be certain.

In any case it is not an important issue. What does it matter any way? Let us leave it.
I think it generally believed that many of Cyrus's actions were influenced by the teachings of Zarasthutra.

Nepal main hay kia jo invade kartay? akhrot to unhey afghanistan say bhi mil jatey thay, to nepal invade karkay kiya karna tha?

The same reason of why Mongol didnt attack Mughal Empire in Pakistan/india....................The wall made by Iskandar The Great in Himalayas Mountain was still there.............(Iskandar =Alexandre The Great/ I believe he is Monoteist since he stayed in Middle East (near or in Jerusalem) as well for quite some time). The wall was there....and Quran told it to Muslims

What!!!!!Do you come with 'subtitles'?! Explain yourself!

What!!!!!Do you come with 'subtitles'?! Explain yourself!

calm down dude......a democratic nation needs people who can control their emotion and discuss some disputable subject without have to make a war to each other.

The Nepalis folks didn't need any enlightenment.

The same reason of why Mongol didnt attack Mughal Empire in Pakistan/india....................The wall made by Iskandar The Great in Himalayas Mountain was still there.............(Iskandar =Alexandre The Great/ I believe he is Monoteist since he stayed in Middle East (near or in Jerusalem) as well for quite some time). The wall was there....and Quran told it to Muslims

Quran does not talk about Alexander, Cyrus the Great.

Indo makes the claim that as per Quran Alexander was monotheistic. The history I read says that Alexander followed the Greek pantheon of Gods and also proclaimed himself as God later.. Cyrus, I suppose was a Zoroastrian (fire worshipper) by faith.

Zoroastrians didn't actually worship fire in ancient times the fire served them the same purpose as Kaaba does to Muslims today, only later they began to literally worship fire.

1. German Tribes are various.......French is one of them...all of European now is under their hands...I believe you havent read a book about western civilization.

2. Yup...It is my own theory

3. I will read about Cyrus maybe....At war of course there are many murder...as long as not targeting civilians...it can be justifiable during that time...(if he really made a wall...so many of you are saved by this man)

4. It is of course my own theory (combining my Quran knowledge and learning about Past India Story)

What we know of Alexander makes it clear that the King being described in the Quran could not have been him.

Last edited:
Quran does not talk about Alexander, Cyrus the Great.
What we know of Alexander makes it clear that the King being described in the Quran could not have been him.

So who is the barbarian group that is supposed to be Yajuj Majuj in Cyrus version ?
In my theory they are Mongol since Alexandre visited India that has border land with the Mongol behind The Himalayan.

Mongol and Ancient Germany tribe : This is the only destroyer tribal...even Hitler still do it in recent time. George Bush jr is the other one.

Last edited:
Nepal main hay kia jo invade kartay? akhrot to unhey afghanistan say bhi mil jatey thay, to nepal invade karkay kiya karna tha?

That thinking is error filled.

There was no oil in Arabia in those times - why would the Barbarians invade desolate places like the deserts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom