What's new

Why Turks has been historically powerful in terms of military?

ManUNITEDglory

Reaction score
What was it that made Turkish people so powerful militarily?

My opinion is ever since the invasion, Turkification, genetic influence of Turkish people by Turkic invaders of Central Asia they had become strong.

If you read the history of Anatolia, the ancient indo-european people of anatolians never had any military achievements.

They are the 2nd strongest Nato nation today

and before that here is the 600 years Ottoman empire that ruled Southern Europe, part of Middle east, North Africa and East Africa.

Ottoman_Empire_1683.png

And here's are modern Turks genetic influence. Which clearly shows Turkish people are far from pure Caucasian, the Mongoloid DNA can only be explained by Turkic invaders.

ADMIXTURE+Turkish_Aydin_Ho_3.png

1 Sample 18.5% Mongoloid admixture
2 Sample 18% Mongoloid admixture
1 Sample 17% Mongoloid admixture
3 Sample 15% Mongoloid admixture

------------------------

1 Sample 13.7% Mongoloid admixture
2 Sample 13.5% Mongoloid admixture
1 Sample 12.5% Mongoloid admixture

-----------------------

1 Sample 8% Mongoloid admixture
2 Sample 3.5% Mongoloid admixture
1 Sample 2.5% Mongoloid admixture
1 Sample 2% Mongoloid admixture
1 Sample 0% Mongoloid admixture

To put it simply Turks would not have become so powerful without the introduction of Turkic culture, turkification, genetic admixture by Central Asian invaders

You are funny all their military achievements was because the white slaves janissary and the Hungarian big cannons

I wouldn't say that again. If white slaves and Hungarian was the reason Ottoman conquered so much than why didn't those Hungarian and those white slaves ( Balkans, Albanians ) ever accomplished it before? Today millions of Turkish people are descendants of these balkan slaves

What made Turks a obsessed power military nation is because of their Turkic nomadic culture. Turkic culture is about nomadic military and it prides on being strong and powerful.

Second largest not the strongest do you mean they are strongest than germany France Britain Spain????

Actually I mean't to say Turks have the 2nd strongest air force, my mistake.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they can beat those nations, even Hitler didn't want to mess with the Turks.

Dumb thread is dumb.

Oh,i still see these things on the map,the romanian principalities of Valahia and Moldova were never part of the Ottoman Empire,they were tributaries,meaning they had to pay tribute ,their rulers had to be approved by the High Porte (in some period they were directly nominated by the Sultan) had to consult the sultan on external policy but at the same time had some freedoms and perks,for example the construction of mosques in these territories was forbidden.

Dumb thread is dumb.

Oh,i still see these things on the map,the romanian principalities of Valahia and Moldova were never part of the Ottoman Empire,they were tributaries,meaning they had to pay tribute ,their rulers had to be approved by the High Porte (in some period they were directly nominated by the Sultan) had to consult the sultan on external policy but at the same time had some freedoms and perks,for example the construction of mosques in these territories was forbidden.

Tribute state = submission to foreign invaders.

Romanian weren't just Tribute states. Who was the boss of Romania? clearly the ottoman. Romanians were not fully independent because much of their sovereignty and control was under the Ottoman rule.

Tribute state = submission to foreign invaders.

Romanian weren't just Tribute states. Who was the boss of Romania? clearly the ottoman. Romanians were not fully independent because much of their sovereignty and control was under the Ottoman rule.

Yes,ofcourse tribute equals submission(duh !) ,but it's still better and different than full incorporation into the ottoman state.You can't put it on the map like they were the same as the Vilayet of Bosnia,because they weren't,if you want to be historically precise.

Yes,ofcourse tribute equals submission(duh !) ,but it's still better and different than full incorporation into the ottoman state.You can't put it on the map like they were the same as the Vilayet of Bosnia,because they weren't,if you want to be historically precise.

If it weren't so bad like you said than what was the reason for a " Romanian War of Independence ". The reason for this was to gain independence because Romania was just a puppet

Romanian War of Independence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it weren't so bad like you said than what was the reason for a " Romanian War of Independence ". The reason for this was to gain independence because Romania was just a puppet

Romanian War of Independence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The reason was that the political elite didn't want to be a tributary state anymore,altough,by 1877 the tribute was merely simbolic and the turkish influence not that strong,certainly not even like some 25 years or 100,150 years before.It was just a question of national pride in 1877,especially because at that time we had a german king( well,not officially king at that moment).

Dude,the discussion wasn't if the romanian principalities (Romania came into beeing in 1859) were some kind of power,as they weren't ,but that these 2 principalities were not ottoman provinces and sometimes even fought against the ottomans throughout the ages( wars in the 14th,15th,16th,17th,18th,19th centuries led by their "voievozi",alone or with other allies).You couldn't do that if you were a province.).Ofcourse many times they fought for their ottoman overlords to.The worst period for the principalities came somewhere from the 1740's to the 1820's when the "voievozi" were only some greeks nominated by the turks on a few year periods and no standing armies were guarding the countries.This is the period of total submission.I am not stating that these 2 small countries were somewhat of a challenge,main adversaries to the ottomans,just clearing their political standing.Hope you get my point.

The reason was that the political elite didn't want to be a tributary state anymore,altough,by 1877 the tribute was merely simbolic and the turkish influence not that strong,certainly not even like some 25 years or 100,150 years before.It was just a question of national pride in 1877,especially because at that time we had a german king( well,not officially king at that moment).

Dude,the discussion wasn't if the romanian principalities (Romania came into beeing in 1859) were some kind of power,as they weren't ,but that these 2 principalities were not ottoman provinces and sometimes even fought against the ottomans throughout the ages( wars in the 14th,15th,16th,17th,18th,19th centuries led by their "voievozi",alone or with other allies).You couldn't do that if you were a province.).Ofcourse many times they fought for their ottoman overlords to.The worst period for the principalities came somewhere from the 1740's to the 1820's when the "voievozi" were only some greeks nominated by the turks on a few year periods and no standing armies were guarding the countries.This is the period of total submission.I am not stating that these 2 small countries were somewhat of a challenge,main adversaries to the ottomans,just clearing their political standing.Hope you get my point.

You know very well Ottoman was famous for killing Dracula, he was the king of Romania.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Romania

Independent Wallachia has been on the border of the Ottoman Empire since the 14th century until it gradually fell under the Ottomans' suzerainty during the 15th century. One famous ruler in this period was Vlad III the Impaler (also known as Vlad Dracula, Romanian: Vlad Ţepeş), Prince of Wallachia in 1448, 1456–62, and 1476.[33][34] In the English-speaking world, Vlad is best known for being the inspiration to the "vampire" main character in Bram Stoker's 1897 novel Dracula. As a king, he courageously maintained an independent policy towards the Ottoman Empire. The Romanians appreciate him as a ruler with an extreme sense of justice [35] and the defender of the Wallachian independence and, in general, the western European Christianism against the Ottoman expansionism. The principality of Moldavia reached its most glorious period under the rule of Stephen the Great between 1457 and 1504.[36]

Kinda stupid thread...

Not really, I'm discussing the spirit of Turkish military. The Turkish just like the Turks from central Asia take pride in the spirit of wolfs.

Wolfs are known for being strong and smart, they always hunt in packs too. This was something ancient anatolian Turkish people never had until the Mongoloid Seljuk turks invasion.

bayrak_49-1.jpg

Thread is reopened, but as it has a hot subject, i recommend members to:

1- Be aware of trolls, don't reply to them, call in a moderator to handle it.

2- When you or somebody requires historical evidence, please don't bring the "Mogol/Mongolic" thing, as it'll drag a cyber war between members.

3- And please don't convict racism or insults against any member, race, historic race or any branch of a historic military force as it happened before at this thread.

Regards.

What was it that made Turkish people so powerful militarily?

My opinion is ever since the invasion, Turkification, genetic influence of Turkish people by Turkic invaders of Central Asia they had become strong.

If you read the history of Anatolia, the ancient indo-european people of anatolians never had any military achievements.

Turkic Khazars inherited the Mongol Empire?

Back
Top Bottom