What's new

Variation in Bronze Age Europe and the problem with 'Indo' in Indo-European

Nice info, thanks for sharing it

How come Vanuatu is the origin of Austronesian ?

Vanuatu is not the origin of Austronesians. But we have ancient DNA recovered from Vanuatu, dated to 900 BC, that are pure Austronesian. I can use it as a proxy for Austronesian ancestry in my models.

Modern Vanuatu residents are mixed people.

@Indos

1689192486672.png

Indonesians from Java score more Austroasiatic ancestry than Austronesian one, but the ratio varies based on geography I guess. An individual from Eastern Indonesia I suppose would score much higher Austronesian.

Last edited:
@Indos

View attachment 938631

Indonesians from Java score more Austroasiatic ancestry than Austronesian one, but the ratio varies based on geography I guess. An individual from Eastern Indonesia I suppose would score much higher Austronesian.

I think you are a bit clueless on this thing. Eastern Indonesian has more Melanesian DNA where Papuan is completely Melanesian, some of them have been mixed with Austronesian, but only in city or coast line.

Indonesians and Philippino (Austronesian) look the same

1689197442294.png

Last edited:
I think you are a bit clueless on this thing. Eastern Indonesian has more Melanesian DNA where Papuan is completely Melanesian, some of them have been mixed with Austronesian, but only in city or coast line.

I'm not talking about the Papuan people. They are of course very different from other Eurasians due to their Denisovan ancestry -- in fact you as an Indonesian are genetically much closer to me than you are to a Papuan in Eastern Indonesia.

Unfortunately I don't see any data for Eastern Indonesians islanders (east of Java, west of Papua) in the G25 dataset, so I can't model them.

I'm not talking about the Papuan people. They are of course very different from other Eurasians due to their Denisovan ancestry -- in fact you as an Indonesian are genetically much closer to me than you are to a Papuan in Eastern Indonesia.

Unfortunately I don't see any data for Eastern Indonesians islanders (east of Java, west of Papua) in the G25 dataset, so I can't model them.

East Java and even Bali is still very Austronesian/Austroasiatic. Eastern Indonesians with higher degree of Melanesian are people in NTT (Near East Timor) and Labuan Bajo Island. Maluku Islands which is very near Papuan Island also has Melanesian DNA.

1689197588985.png

This is East Java Basketball team (White) vs Bali Basketball team (Red). The event is held in Papua.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom