What's new

Why Türkiye should rethink its relations with India

Indian leaders specially Gandhi is verhyped on the khilafat issue. If that dude was a saint he would have pushed for equal representation of Muslims and Hindus in the parliament along with zinnah and not let the country break away to form Pakistan because there wouldn’t have been a need for a Muslim state. Fat of the matter is he remained quite when the extremist pushed for a Hindu state... its only later India had to declare itself secular to prevent further fragmentation

Gandhi always fought for the unity of Hindus and Muslims to fight against the British rule. No other British Indian leader fought so hard for the Hindu-Muslim unity.

As long as the Turkish govt poked it's nose on Kashmir,I would say no .infact if they do we should also start talking about Kurdistan.:-)
otherwise we have no issues with turkey.
Kashmir exists on all official maps unlike the fake ethnostate promoted by anti-Turkey countries
Even if you “speak” (more like empty barking) India is irrelevant in Middle Eastern affairs you have some limited leverage with GCC states from economic perspective only because these countries decided to import indians but in the wider MENA region you can influence things as much as tanzania
Economic ties are always win-win situation as long as there’s small trade deficit or no deficit at all(currently Turkey has big deficit with India that’s why all those threats for pro-Pakistan kashmir statements were only rhetorical since cutting trade would’ve been counterproductive for indians)
Regarding military sales only non-lethal weapons could be sold I won’t repeat the reasons already explained by other members

Economic ties are always win-win situation as long as there’s small trade deficit or no deficit at all(currently Turkey has big deficit with India that’s why all those threats for kashmir statements were only rhetorical since cutting trade would’ve been counterproductive for indians)
Regarding military sales only non-lethal weapons could be sold I won’t repeat the reasons already explained by other members
This was one of the reasons why India didn't wanna cancel the support ship deal...

You are overestimating your influence in the region. Solid economic relations are the foundation of good bilateral relations, so let the investments continue and prosperity and peace for everyone.
What influence does turkey have on subcontinent to interfere on Kashmir nothing,simlary it dsnt harm anyone if India starts issuing a statement or two on Kurdistan .
I agree our countries should have good economic cooperation and prosper and the statements from our govts on Kashmir and Kurdistan has zero effect on the ground .and there is no point in making such statements which has no value other than strain our relations.

Kashmir exists on all official maps unlike the fake ethnostate promoted by anti-Turkey countries
Even if you “speak” (more like empty barking) India is irrelevant in Middle Eastern affairs you have some limited leverage with GCC states from economic perspective only because these countries decided to import indians but in the wider MENA region you can influence things as much as tanzania
Economic ties are always win-win situation as long as there’s small trade deficit or no deficit at all(currently Turkey has big deficit with India that’s why all those threats for pro-Pakistan kashmir statements were only rhetorical since cutting trade would’ve been counterproductive for indians)
You can go through me previous post.
All I want is we have not issues with your country other than your pm making statement on kashmir.if your pm statement had even .01% impact on the ground I can understand but it dsnt .so why make such statements and strain the relations ,we both can cooperate and prosper economically.

What influence does turkey have on subcontinent to interfere on Kashmir nothing,simlary it dsnt harm anyone if India starts issuing a statement or two on Kurdistan .
I agree our countries should have good economic cooperation and prosper and the statements from our govts on Kashmir and Kurdistan has zero effect on the ground .and there is no point in making such statements which has no value other than strain our relations.

You can go through me previous post.
All I want is we have not issues with your country other than your pm making statement on kashmir.if your pm statement had even .01% impact on the ground I can understand but it dsnt .so why make such statements and strain the relations ,we both can cooperate and prosper economically.

Maybe in Pakistan? Particular in China? Who knows.

Maybe in Pakistan? Particular in China? Who knows.

Statements on Kashmir will surely be received with glee in Pakistan and China but there would not any takers in India.

India is fortunate to have a charismatic leader like Modi at this time who was able to take a very unpopular decision to go ahead with the defense deal with Türkiye despite a very public stance taken by Türkiye against India.

For any other Indian politician, this decision would have been a death knell and political suicide.

Last edited:
You know one of our brother country is South Korea, right? We care about how people treat us, not their religion.

Some people are lost causes...because their causes are lost and they are bitter about it. Pay that particular one no mind....failure here and a failure out there.

I have said it many times already, India believes in ground up relation with Turkish people and nation. One that comes from people-people contact, cultural exchange and trade:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/boyc...sh-guy-started-it.667193/page-9#post-12343741

Then that idiot literally says "no relations between Turkey and India"...just because he can hit those letters on the keyboard :rofl:

I have humiliated his irrelevant extremist kind enough on this forum...no need to even post what his country (that has to sadly carry burden of this extremist failed minority among them, among cavalcade of other failed extreme types) trades with Turkey (since this is the base-verdict on matter from Turkish people) and assert like a fool would that relations are thus 10 or 20 times less than the Turkey-India "non-relations" :woot:

As time progresses, relations will mature, south asia will get stabilised peacefully and we move up the ladder for turkey - india elite + govt relations. We rather do it this bottom up way rather than top down way....bedrock foundation approach is always best to build a good building to last.

It is reason you wont find many Indians suddenly caring about Turkey just because Erdogan/AKP etc is there in govt. Can't speak for the neighbourhood though (esp extremist idiot people that project turkey as "children of ottoman" hating "pagans" as first thing they say on this thread).

We orient our relations on broader people-people as default. Added benefit of this is we do not come through some religion defined prism of revisionism, faulty-globalism and even irredentism that desperate extremists do. Such people are addicted to seeing everything in some narrow-vision they set to feel better. The worst ones of these are people that actually hate their religion in personal way (like this hypocrite cretin fellow appearing in this thread), but then cling to it for purely a globalist outreach (for his kind) or the negative corollary of it (for any others not fitting his pathetic notion).

India and Turkey are founded on secularism...Indians for large part (if they have studied Turkey) much respect Ataturk founding and aligning to this principle. Where both our imperfections exist in current day (and how govts, being imperfect manifestations themselves, interact and set policy) is something to be debated, managed and hopefully fixed given we have aligned to this goal as the best frontier....again unlike many of both of our neighbours.

Just so you know what this kind thinks of even Turks like you @GlobalMillitary96
There is no point denying that we are actually the children of Ottomans, not even the most staunch Republicans do that. What people doesn't understand is cultures are dynamic and evolve over time. 500 years ago, we thought we were superior to Europeans, as conquests were easy and whole Balkans was our backyard. But defeat after defeat, Turkish State saw how the West was getting ahead of us and took steps for Westernization in the 19th Century. Unfortunately these attempts weren't enough and after this nation saw foreign troops in Anatolia for the first time since the Byzantines ceased to exist, our whole world view has changed. In fact, this phenomena has a name in the literature as well, the Sevres Syndrome. You don't have to be a genius to see how nations are being shaped throughout the time. All of these events, that happened around us, defines Turkish nation. We are completely different compared to our grandfathers, and still, we are looking for our place in the world. :-) I guess some of our friends in Pakistan and some of my fellow citizens don't understand that.

There is no point denying that we are actually the children of Ottomans, not even the most staunch Republicans do that. What people doesn't understand is cultures are dynamic and evolve over time. 500 years ago, we thought we were superior to Europeans, as conquests were easy and whole Balkans was our backyard. But defeat after defeat, Turkish State saw how the West was getting ahead of us and took steps for Westernization in the 19th Century. Unfortunately these attempts weren't enough and after this nation saw foreign troops in Anatolia for the first time since the Byzantines ceased to exist, our whole world view has changed. In fact, this phenomena has a name in the literature as well, the Sevres Syndrome. You don't have to be a genius to see how nations are being shaped throughout the time. All of these events, that happened around us, defines Turkish nation. We are completely different compared to our grandfathers, and still, we are looking for our place in the world. :-) I guess some of our friends in Pakistan and some of my fellow citizens don't understand that.

We are the children of the Seljuks.

Seljuks are the fathers of both the Ottomans and the Turkish republic.

I am referring more to 2nd part of the statement made by that fellow. That to be one means you got to automatically do the other. It would inevitably attack Tengrists...and others...given Turkey is a diverse country. Something that sets you apart regionally (when looking south, south west, south east and east).

This fool doesn't get Turkish secularism foundation....in his rabid emotional attempt to attack India first thing.

Some people are lost causes...because their causes are lost and they are bitter about it. Pay that particular one no mind....failure here and a failure out there.

I have said it many times already, India believes in ground up relation with Turkish people and nation. One that comes from people-people contact, cultural exchange and trade:

https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/boyc...sh-guy-started-it.667193/page-9#post-12343741

Then that idiot literally says "no relations between Turkey and India"...just because he can hit those letters on the keyboard :rofl:

I have humiliated his irrelevant extremist kind enough on this forum...no need to even post what his country (that has to sadly carry burden of this extremist failed minority among them, among cavalcade of other failed extreme types) trades with Turkey (since this is the base-verdict on matter from Turkish people) and assert like a fool would that relations are thus 10 or 20 times less than the Turkey-India "non-relations" :woot:

As time progresses, relations will mature, south asia will get stabilised peacefully and we move up the ladder for turkey - india elite + govt relations. We rather do it this bottom up way rather than top down way....bedrock foundation approach is always best to build a good building to last.

It is reason you wont find many Indians suddenly caring about Turkey just because Erdogan/AKP etc is there in govt. Can't speak for the neighbourhood though (esp extremist idiot people that project turkey as "children of ottoman" hating "pagans" as first thing they say on this thread).

We orient our relations on broader people-people as default. Added benefit of this is we do not come through some religion defined prism of revisionism, faulty-globalism and even irredentism that desperate extremists do. Such people are addicted to seeing everything in some narrow-vision they set to feel better. The worst ones of these are people that actually hate their religion in personal way (like this hypocrite cretin fellow appearing in this thread), but then cling to it for purely a globalist outreach (for his kind) or the negative corollary of it (for any others not fitting his pathetic notion).

India and Turkey are founded on secularism...Indians for large part (if they have studied Turkey) much respect Ataturk founding and aligning to this principle. Where both our imperfections exist in current day (and how govts, being imperfect manifestations themselves, interact and set policy) is something to be debated, managed and hopefully fixed given we have aligned to this goal as the best frontier....again unlike many of both of our neighbours.
Well, things are not perfect from Indian people like you described neither... Just visited some Youtube videos and Indians were attacking anything about Turks like savages... Now you might label them as extremists too, but from what I see, Indian media ruined any possibility of a Turkish - Indian friendship with their extreme broadcasts... First they created hate, and after the Support ship deal they created the feeling of Humiliation. In first ''Modi was challenging the Evil Turks'' and after that it was ''Modi will pay billions of dollars to this Evil Turks''
You see where it goes... So, I am curious about where it goes, but not hopeful.

^^
I guess some people forget there were Turks way before Islam.
And what Turco-Mongols did to some Muslims who crossed the line...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Baghdad_(1258)

Back
Top Bottom