What's new

Why Türkiye should rethink its relations with India

MayaBazar

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
I just came to know from @Turan09 that Türkiye has a law limiting defense cooperation with India. I urge Türkiye to reconsider this law for the following reasons

1) Pakistan has been consistently increasing its reliance on China for its defence needs which means their procurement from Türkiye will decrease

2) India does NOT procure any weapons from China and is open to procuring weapons from Türkiye

3) There is greater chance that Türkiye can get support on East Turkestan from India than Pakistan. Pakistan will never support Türkiye due to their close strategic relations with China.

4) Türkiye's defence partners like US, Russia, Germany, UK etc would be more open to providing their tech for Indian orders than Pakistani orders

5) Türkiye's Technology and Indian money could give birth to many joint ventures. India will also lobby other partners from like Russia, US, UK, Germany on Tech and Subsystem transfers. This will also protect such joint ventures from sanctions.

Last edited:
I just came to know from @Turan09 that Türkiye has a law limiting defense cooperation with India. I urge Türkiye to reconsider this law for the following reasons

1) Pakistan has been consistently increasing its reliance on China for its defence needs which means their procurement from Türkiye will decrease

2) India does procure any weapons from China and is open to procuring weapons from Türkiye

3) There is greater chance that Türkiye can get support on East Turkestan from India than Pakistan. Pakistan will never support Türkiye due to their close strategic relations with China.

4) Türkiye's defence partners like US, Russia, Germany, UK etc would be more open to providing their tech for Indian orders than Pakistani orders

5) Türkiye's Technology and Indian money could give birth to many joint ventures. India will also lobby other partners from like Russia, US, UK, Germany on Tech and Subsystem transfers. This will also protect such joint ventures from sanctions.
You're the first person to write the name right.
Türkiye.:tup::tup::tup:

2) India does procure any weapons from China and is open to procuring weapons from Türkiye

Valid Points. But there is something you missed. ''Turkish State Memory'' Yes you have more money, India could be more useful for Turkey, this true also. But there no trust between us, and there is so much trust between Turkey and Pakistan. This is not something you can accomplish with money. As an example, we had to fight in several wars and operations in our republic history, Cyprus, Syria, Libya, Terror...
Cyprus Peace Operation; India criticized and blamed Turkey... India in 1974 were trying to establish good relations with Europe, and what is better than criticizing ''weak'' Turkey for the sake of greeks and other Europeans?
Note; Pakistani medic teams was working for the Turkish Army in this war.
Latest Syria Operation; The Same thing; India ''warned us'' ''threatened us'' and even made statements about supporting our enemies (armenia - greek - south cyprus) just to irritate us...
Long story short, you have valid points but India does not create trust in Turkish State. And little info about general characteristic of the Turks, we are tend to not to forget our history.

I am actually doubtful the Turks would ditch Pakistan that easily it's one of Pakistan"s major secondary power ally obviously the main one in terms of geo politics and economy is China as for Turkey there is long standing institutionalized ties going back to the Cold War

Valid Points. But there is something you missed. ''Turkish State Memory'' Yes you have more money, India could be more useful for Turkey, this true also. But there no trust between us, and there is so much trust between Turkey and Pakistan. This is not something you can accomplish with money. As an example, we had to fight in several wars and operations in our republic history, Cyprus, Syria, Libya, Terror...
Cyprus Peace Operation; India criticized and blamed Turkey... India in 1974 were trying to establish good relations with Europe, and what is better than criticizing ''weak'' Turkey for the sake of greeks and other Europeans?
Note; Pakistani medic teams was working for the Turkish Army in this war.
Latest Syria Operation; The Same thing; India ''warned us'' ''threatened us'' and even made statements about supporting our enemies (armenia - greek - south cyprus) just to irritate us...
Long story short, you have valid points but India does not create trust in Turkish State. And little info about general characteristic of the Turks, we are tend to not to forget our history.

You have brought very valid points and concerns. India should recognize and work on taking steps that will alleviate/address Türkiye's concerns where it can to narrow the gap. But no two countries have perfect relations. if they did then probably there is no longer a need for them to be two separate states. Just check some examples like US refusing to share F-35 tech with UK or Israel refusing to share Iron Dome tech with the US. During 1971 Indo-Pak war, US brought her aircraft carrier to bomb India but today US is the biggest defense partner of India. Again, India does not expect Türkiye to break her relations with Pakistan to improve relations with India. Both can stand on their own merit. You should also note that despite Türkiye taking a very public stand against India on Kashmir, India has still awarded the naval ship contract to Türkiye. We both are very mature nations. Continued small steps like these will go a long way in improving our relations and building a strong partnership in the next decade.

Nah no thanks. The turks are going down.

LoL. Not even close.

I am actually doubtful the Turks would ditch Pakistan that easily it's one of Pakistan"s major secondary power ally obviously the main one in terms of geo politics and economy is China as for Turkey there is long standing institutionalized ties going back to the Cold War

Türkiye does not need to ditch Pakistan to build relations with India.

2) India does NOT procure any weapons from China and is open to procuring weapons from Türkiye

Only if Countries relations were based on views on PDF...:disagree:

There is no need for India to have good relations with Turkey. That's like Pakistan having good relations with Israel. They oppose us on almost every forum. They aren't very significant for us either. Let it be that way.

I doubt the people of Turkey have any sort of animosity for Indians in general and vice versa. It's mostly the governments that are in conflict.

Exactly. India and Türkiye are NOT rivals and could become great partners if we focus and give a little impetus in the right direction to enhance our relationship.

Back
Top Bottom