What's new

Why Türkiye should rethink its relations with India

I tried to diplomatically disengage you as, like you said, this is not the place for it.
But you really needed to act like poo poo head?!

By agreeing to disagree or by inviting you to a dialogue made me a poo poo head?

By agreeing to disagree or by inviting you to a dialogue made me a poo poo head?
You even said this is not the place for it.
Start a new thread and I will be there, ready to wrestle.

Ataturk was a military man with steel of balls plus he ruled for close to two decades leaving a legacy not saying Jinnah was bad but our founding leader was old and dying man sigh his legacy has been changed so much through the decades by differing rulers
Very true first sentence. The military reversal enabled by Ataturk towards the end of WW1 when Greece etc were moments away from carving up Anatolia was stunning. This particular campaign will never receive the credit it is actually due in European history lessons for obvious reasons.

Erdoğan Will not live for ever
LOL if Erdogan was gone right this second, our foreign policy wouldn't even change a bit if someone else was in power. This is the thing about the foreign policies of every country on earth, they are not related with people in power. We would neither stop defending our EEZ, nor pull away from Syria and Libya if someone else was in power... In this case, we wouldn't stop supporting Pakistan if Erdogan was gone. It's not like we were enemies with Pakistan before Erdogan, right? The only difference is that now we are able to produce major defence equipments and sell it abroad...
And when it comes to the Turkish people. Our people can easily forget what our enemies did to us, now the Islamists in power are even able to go as far as wishing the Greeks won the Turkish independence war instead of Ataturk and his brothers in arms. But we DO NOT forget when a friendly nation (or pakistani brothers in this case) does anything for us. Do I wish for better relations with India? Of course I do. But our relations with Pakistani folks is on an another level that cannot be questioned at all costs.

Last edited:
LOL if Erdogan was gone right this second, our foreign policy wouldn't even change a bit if someone else was in power. This is the thing about the foreign policies of every country on earth, they are not related with people in power. We would neither stop defending our EEZ, nor pull away from Syria and Libya if someone else was in power... In this case, we wouldn't stop supporting Pakistan if Erdogan was gone. It's not like we were enemies with Pakistan before Erdogan, right? The only difference is that now we are able to produce major defence equipments and sell it abroad...
And when it comes to the Turkish people. Our people can easily forget what our enemies did to us, now the Islamists in power are even able to go as far as wishing the Greeks won the Turkish independence war instead of Ataturk and his brothers in arms. But we DO NOT forget when a friendly nation (or pakistani brothers in this case) does anything for us. Do I wish for better relations with India? Of course I do. But our relations with Pakistani folks is on an another level that cannot be questioned at all costs.

If the Islamists loved the Ottomans so much they would not support the Greeks against Ataturk their own Ottoman officer.

How hard is it to drill this to peoples heads the Ottomans were dead. The Ottoman Empire of Yavuz, Suleyman and Fatih was long gone.

So the Islamist erdogan is hypocrite

I wonder if the same people bark that Iran is friend of India because of the port are going to say the same about erdogan?! @OsmanAli98
Whenever there's a discussion about Turkey, I end up seeing you there spreading nationalistic hate. So what now you're trying to get a raise on your troll salary? Piss off, dumbass...

3.PNG

@BHarwana @Foxtrot Alpha @waz @The Eagle It seems always trolling the discussions about Turkey wasn't enough for this guy that he starts to insult the president of Turkey

troll.PNG

hate.PNG

Well, of course there is alternatives in the market, but wanna hear a funny thing? India imports more Turkish weapons than Pakistan... Of course, Milgem and T-129 will change that but as we speak, you are a better costumer, even when lethal weapon exports is banned.

I never said Turkey makes bad weapon system. Turkey makes system for its own needs and environments. I am saying that a good relationship with Turkey doesn't need to be tied up with defence. Even a good economic relationship will do.
Second India is better in some aspects in defence whole Turkey is better in some aspects. I just specified the aspects where Turkey is better than India and India can easily diversify on those aspects like Drones, anti tank systems and some sensors. Even your helis are not your original design. It's sale is dependent upon Italy and US. Indian Turk relationship need not be defined by defence cooperation but by economic cooperation.

I never said Turkey makes bad weapon system. Turkey makes system for its own needs and environments. I am saying that a good relationship with Turkey doesn't need to be tied up with defence. Even a good economic relationship will do.
Second India is better in some aspects in defence whole Turkey is better in some aspects. I just specified the aspects where Turkey is better than India and India can easily diversify on those aspects like Drones, anti tank systems and some sensors. Even your helis are not your original design. It's sale is dependent upon Italy and US. Indian Turk relationship need not be defined by defence cooperation but by economic cooperation.
Actually I just wish our relations and trade with each other were better. We can have good relations with India (without the defence industry of course) just as Pakistan has good relations with the Gulf countries...

Actually I just wish our relations and trade with each other were better. We can have good relations with India (without the defence industry of course) just as Pakistan has good relations with the Gulf countries...

Yeah. India and Japan or Gulf hasn't got much defence relationship but has strong economic relationships. That's enough. India is not joining any active military alliances atleast till now and hope China doesn't push India onto one.

As a political scientist, let me explain Turkey's relationship to India in a nutshell:

It is formed, limited and extended by Pakistan.

There's not one party, state and/or government body that couldn't be persuaded to change any India-related decision in favor of Pakistan.

Pakistan has built up trust in Turkey to such an extent that is almost harmful to our actual interests.

But the most important thing is something else. Pakistan does have supporters in almost every camp of the Turkish political landscape - from right to left, from secular to conservative - which is far more important in a country like Turkey.

But it's also true that the average person in Turkey has no hard feelings for India. Most people simply won't even know who Modi is.

I just came to know from @Turan09 that Türkiye has a law limiting defense cooperation with India. I urge Türkiye to reconsider this law for the following reasons

1) Pakistan has been consistently increasing its reliance on China for its defence needs which means their procurement from Türkiye will decrease

2) India does NOT procure any weapons from China and is open to procuring weapons from Türkiye

3) There is greater chance that Türkiye can get support on East Turkestan from India than Pakistan. Pakistan will never support Türkiye due to their close strategic relations with China.

4) Türkiye's defence partners like US, Russia, Germany, UK etc would be more open to providing their tech for Indian orders than Pakistani orders

5) Türkiye's Technology and Indian money could give birth to many joint ventures. India will also lobby other partners from like Russia, US, UK, Germany on Tech and Subsystem transfers. This will also protect such joint ventures from sanctions.

what a foolhardy post ...

What great in turkey tech. Most of the base is Nato sourced, India is already collaborating with France and Israel on much deeper level on mil tech.

And why do you think India has to join with turkey for its defense needs, India manufactures much advanced military and space tech than Turkey ...

turkey is constantly supporting pakistan’s position on India than means supporting terrorist against India...

what u r saying India has already tried with LHD contract but thats not yet fully finalised same Jv can be offered with other nation and this contract is not coz India can not manufacture these this is coz India is building around 50 Naval ships with no space left.

SKorea can pump these LHD put in much smaller time.

turkey is not some big player in international scene and punchin much above its weight for which its getting royal treatment from US and russia.

Whatever economic relations India Tukey has must continue but everytime turkey mentions kashmir India should mention kurdistan and whatever weight India has in international arena is above than Turkey...

Jinnah was our Attaturk but he died before he could fully secularize Pakistan.
So we had to go through the 70s to now where the crazy conservatives took over the insane asylum.
Remember, Pakistan was the most prosperous when it was secular.
Jinnah even didn't had any intentions to half secularize and you claiming full secularization --- this only exists in the heads of tiny little small secular/liberal Pakistanis.

You can't even post even just one statement of Jinnah where he said that he wanted a secular Pakistan.

See this is why I like pdf... Indians making a case of bonhomie with Turks on a Pakistani forum!!! This is profound.
Did anyone say, your reputation(notoriety) precedes you? Or,
What side of the bed you woke up this morning? Or,
Did India just woke up from 70~ years of comatose existence? Or,
Anyways, I don't want to stop the party... go right ahead and make a good case and buy Turkish weapons to use against, Pakistan!

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom