What's new

Why Persian geographer Al Istakhri saw Sindh as different from India(Hind)

Sindhi(Indus)

BANNED

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Al-Istakhri wrote his work Kitab Masalik
Mamalik, about 930-933 A.D. which was published in 951 A.D.

In it he highlighted how the Arabs, Turks, Greeks, Persians, and also Babylonians too saw the land of Sindh as separate from Hind

Here is a study from Aligarh Muslim University in 1960 showing the works of not just Al Istakhri but also Ibn Huqal and Al Maqsudi too

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjABegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw0b43aM0k5AjDuMI0e6Yhz6

So all those such as Tarek Fatah who makes false accounts that any body of Sindh is an Indian is a liar and I have multiple sources from many different geographers and historians to prove this

Do you not give me fake trash ram and lakshmi garbage, if you want to argue then use facts based on real historical evidence and sources from individuals that were seen as either geographers or traveller with maps and the accounts of their travels from the region

So please keep your sita and laksham hocus pocus to yourself.

We were Buddhist and we want real facts too

Please go to page 1 of Al Sindh

Point 2 it shows that the Arabs and the people from the Balkh school of thought have always separated Sindh from hind too

So all those such as Tarek Fatah who makes false accounts that any body of Sindh is an Indian is a liar and I have multiple sources from many different geographers and historians to prove this

Do you not give me fake trash ram and lakshmi garbage, if you want to argue then use facts based on real historical evidence and sources from individuals that were seen as either geographers or traveller with maps and the accounts of their travels from the region

So please keep your sita and laksham hocus pocus to yourself.

We were Buddhist and we want real facts too

Please go to page 1 of Al Sindh

Point 2 it shows that the Arabs and the people from the Balkh school of thought have always separated Sindh from hind too
As much as I love the information you are providing but who is this guy 'AL-ISTAKHRI'? a famous historian or what?

As much as I love the information you are providing but who is this guy 'AL-ISTAKHRI'? a famous historian or what?
Yes he is a Persian geographer who travelled many parts of the world from the Arabian peninsula and Turkey to Sindh and also India

Also this also proves that Persians were easily able to pronounce Sindh since all there maps separate the two lands too

Back
Top Bottom