What's new

Why no action yet against source of dawn leaks?

Farah Sohail

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
What do u guys think.....Has there been another mukmuka / NRO between government and military leadership, this time too? When army chief and Corps Commanders termed it as "feeding" and breach of national security, why dont u think..has there been any action yet by military? Its more than clear..tht government ministers and PM house is involved in this scandal, and they themselves fed this news..so obv they are not going to take action against themselves.....also, when i talk abt action against the "source" by the military...i dont mean martial law...but in many programs..this has been discussed...tht Arny/intelligence agencies can arrest the culprits involved in this scandal, under Army act for violating official secrets act..by themselves..even without asking from the government... So why is General Raheel Sharif not arresting those culprits, under army act...when its obv..tht government wont arrest its own ministers and officials? Will it be another matti pao, between army and govt? And another NRO? Will army let culpritswho breached national security, go scott free just because they afe from the ruling party? I mean..even Gen Kayani, who is often termed as weak and indecisive, got resignation og Hussain Haqqani....then its a much more serious breach of national security ..so why has Gen Raheel Sharif not taken any action against the culprits ..sitting in PM house and federal ministers & not arrested them yet? Why? What could be the reason, other than just matti pao and NRO? Any thoughts?

I cant really understand why its a national security threat to publish a news that civilian govt discussed with military about its view on perceived state patronage of extremist groups?

You are not thinking actual patronage is a National threat why you perceive that informing the same to a newspaper is a National security threat?

In fact I think all of involved parties ie Army, civilians and media handling the incident is a very bad and immature way. There may be following possible reaction--

1. Simply ignoring such news. It will automatically die down soon
2. A joint statement to deny the news firmly asking media to me more truthful and professional. Also denying any terror patronage. Then close the chapter by completely ignoring the news.

But what all three pillars of state are doing creating lot of confusion and bad name internationally
for Pakistan. Army statement actually confirms such events happened which is leaked wrongly. Govt statement on the other hand stating that so such incidents happened. Media is speculating in a weird way all conspiracy theories.

And the issue remains alive and burning each day--- for whose benefit ???

I cant really understand why its a national security threat to publish a news that civilian govt discussed with military about its view on perceived state patronage of extremist groups?

You are not thinking actual patronage is a National threat why you perceive that informing the same to a newspaper is a National security threat?

In fact I think all of involved parties ie Army, civilians and media handling the incident is a very bad and immature way. There may be following possible reaction--

1. Simply ignoring such news. It will automatically die down soon
2. A joint statement to deny the news firmly asking media to me more truthful and professional. Also denying any terror patronage. Then close the chapter by completely ignoring the news.

But what all three pillars of state are doing creating lot of confusion and bad name internationally
for Pakistan. Army statement actually confirms such events happened which is leaked wrongly. Govt statement on the other hand stating that so such incidents happened. Media is speculating in a weird way all conspiracy theories.

And the issue remains alive and burning each day--- for whose benefit ???
Imagine....what if similar thing happened in india.... What if tomorrow, in event of any war with india, someone from PM house after NSC meeting, leaks tht Pak has decided to use nuclear weapons, against India...then can u understand the inplications? No matter how much denials come...what if India retalitaes in response to such news? How is such a thing....not national security threat?

What do u guys think.....Has there been another mukmuka / NRO between government and military leadership, this time too? When army chief and Corps Commanders termed it as "feeding" and breach of national security, why dont u think..has there been any action yet by military? Its more than clear..tht government ministers and PM house is involved in this scandal, and they themselves fed this news..so obv they are not going to take action against themselves.....also, when i talk abt action against the "source" by the military...i dont mean martial law...but in many programs..this has been discussed...tht Arny/intelligence agencies can arrest the culprits involved in this scandal, under Army act for violating official secrets act..by themselves..even without asking from the government... So why is General Raheel Sharif not arresting those culprits, under army act...when its obv..tht government wont arrest its own ministers and officials? Will it be another matti pao, between army and govt? And another NRO? Will army let culpritswho breached national security, go scott free just because they afe from the ruling party? I mean..even Gen Kayani, who is often termed as weak and indecisive, got resignation og Hussain Haqqani....then its a much more serious breach of national security ..so why has Gen Raheel Sharif not taken any action against the culprits ..sitting in PM house and federal ministers & not arrested them yet? Why? What could be the reason, other than just matti pao and NRO? Any thoughts?
Yes, vultures are out there smiling at and smelling the dead body of our unhealthy democracy. There is a smile of the faces on vultures like Sh. Rashid, Imran Khan, etc. These vultures want to eat it up rather than trying to cure it. Shame - real shame, that these vultures are so impatient to suffocate and murder our ailing system. History will list their names with those idiots who preferred murdering the system merely for satisfying their false ego. Having said that, I think that Dawn reporter is a disgraceful black sheep in our media who published a story based on off-the-record talk with some official. A story that created deep disunity among our state institutions at an extremely critical time. That idiot Dawn reporter should be punished for his mischief. At the same time whoever indulged in the off-the-record talk about the sensitive issue must be exposed and punished.

@coffee_cup @war&peace @Zarvan your thoughts on the topic?

, I think that Dawn reporter is a disgraceful black sheep in our media who published a story based on off-the-record talk with some official. A story that created deep disunity among our state institutions at an extremely critical time. That idiot Dawn reporter should be punished for his mischief. At the same time whoever indulged in the off-the-record talk about the sensitive issue must be exposed and punished.

Who will take action? Who will punish the person who fed the fabricated news? Clearly people sitting in PM house and federal ministers are responsible for this...so obviously the govt is not going to do it.... So will army be a sitting duck against those ppl, who breached national security? If army remains a sitting duck..does it mean....there has been a mukmuka between army and govt?

relax, it will be delayed till the new chief name comes up ,if PM goes against the recommended names or doesnt follow the rules the wrath will come back in no time...PM usually choses a name a month before i.e. 1st november. so Nawaz cant run away for long on this and he cant sacrifice her daughter.

I also believe the result of 2014 dharna would have been different had Nawaz tried to bring some zia udin butt as COAS.

Imagine....what if similar thing happened in india.... What if tomorrow, in event of any war with india, someone from PM house after NSC meeting, leaks tht Pak has decided to use nuclear weapons, against India...then can u understand the inplications? No matter how much denials come...what if India retalitaes in response to such news? How is such a thing....not national security threat?

This is not the professional way to handle REAL national security threat. You are actually devaluing the graveness of the term.

You gave an example of a BIG leak and trying to compare as a boundary case.

I am giving you another example of SMALL leak --- suppose there was a mosquito disturbing both army chief and PM in the same secrete meeting. Getting irritated both tried to kill it at the same time but eventually your PM was successful. somebody leaked the incident to press. Next day there was a headline in Dawn "PM beats Army chief in killing the enemy" ( sensitizing is medias nature, cant prevent) ---- now tell me will you consider that this news amounts to "breach of national security" ???

I cant understand whether I am able to express my views properly or not. Firstly, labelling this incident as "National Security threat" is giving it undue importance , Secondly, if it is really a security threat the it should be handled in a more professional and coordinated way --may be through a joint statement by ISPR and Govt PR dept . It would help to avoid speculation on civil military spat Thirdly Keeping alive this issue actually helping your enemies in their propaganda.

Just my thought after following this news for last few days

relax, it will be delayed till the new chief name comes up ,if PM goes against the recommended names or doesnt follow the rules the warth will come back in no time...

Ok..so only if PM names a new chief, not recommended by the military leadership..only then wrath will come up.....otherwise..all is well....and no matter, if national security was breached as corp comm themselves said so.....no action will be taken..so it means..tht its sort of a mukmuka as i said

Ok..so only if PM names a new chief, not recommended by the military leadership..only then wrath will come up.....otherwise..all is well....and no matter, if national security was breached as corp comm themselves said so.....no action will be taken..so it means..tht its sort of a mukmuka as i said

This is my analysis..i can be wrong.. who knows Army takes the cake and eats it too i.e. culprits being taken care of some time later in the cover of mysterious circumstances. A lot of times a party can exaggerate the impact of a news meanwhile doing a successful damage control in the backfground and use the enormousness of it to struck a deal that benefits them in the long run..

Yes...it was in the news...tht people can be tried under army act..but no signs of tht happening? Why? Another mukmuka?
It's usual routine, suddenly there is hype and then after sometime everyone forgets. You can see it all along Pakistani history.
Due this habit of Pakistanis, NS wanted to gain time in Panama, so that with time this problem would dissolve along with other more important matters.
But also dawn gate timing is important or may be they chose it deliberately. Army is not in state to put a lot of pressure. Raheel Shareef is going and a govt minister yesterday said that govt will announce new chief in ten days.
Moreover, there is nothing to seen against N-league in whole of RS tenure. Only MQM is not terrorist.

What is mukmuka?
upload_2016-10-22_14-48-40.png

The army fan boys were excited as usual about the idiocy of the generals.

Do you really think that it is treason to leak the "ridicule" of DG ISI in a meeting? It could only be termed as BLASPHEMY. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now even if hypothetically, a law exists against BLASPHEMY of Generals, you need to have solid evidence to prove it.

For army fan boys, hearsay or a statement by ISPR may be as true as Gospel, but in a court of law such things would be thrown out by a judge within a single hearing.:rofl::rofl::rofl:
---------------------------------------------
It is similar to the Memo Gate scandal of Hussain Haqqani. He allegedly wrote something on a white piece of paper without his signatures and the fan boys were calling for his head through a judicial proceeding. Only the fan boys can come up with the idea that a random unsigned piece of paper is EVIDENCE that can stand in a court of law. :crazy::crazy::crazy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom