What's new

Why Masroor Air Base Getting Unusual Satellite Coverage !

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I have been following a public satellite feed for last several weeks and discovered that while images from other PAF Bases are updated once a week or so but feed back from Masroor Base is updated on almost daily basis. Albeit these are not live feed backs nonetheless they are never more than a day old. However it must also be noted that while other airfields often appear deserted but some activity is always visible on Masroor.
This image for example was captured on 26th January.

Date: Jan 26th 2021
Satellite: XXXXXXX
Layer :TRUE_COLOR

MASROOR.png

I have been following a public satellite feed for last several weeks and discovered that while images from other PAF Bases are updated once a week or so but feed back from Masroor Base is updated on almost daily basis. Albeit these are not live feed backs nonetheless they are never more than a day old. However it must also be noted that while other airfields often appear deserted but some activity is always visible on Masroor.

View attachment 711292

Anyone in Karachi on the ground, can confirm about the activity in Air but let's hope for the best. May be, someone is expecting some change/upgrade/update & had to keep a follow-up through continuous sat coverage. Ab koi ye na kahay k J-10C wala plaque....... By the way, depends which sat we are talking about and who is operating?

Anyone in Karachi on the ground, can confirm about the activity in Air but let's hope for the best. May be, someone is expecting some change/upgrade/update & had to keep a follow-up through continuous sat coverage. Ab koi ye na kahay k J-10C wala plaque....... By the way, depends which sat we are talking about and who is operating?
Some of the latest image was actually blanketed out.

j-10.png

Probably data from daily passes by Planet labs satellites (considering the resolution) for an Indian customer.

Well i can only say that air activity has been increased since 27th feb 2019. And yeah one (recent) night the activity was really strange, heard jets passing by 4 or 5 times in a short span of only 10 to 15mins.

Some of the latest image was actually blanketed out.

View attachment 711293

May be a corrupt feed or something else that I can't say much. However, I am seeing different map/activity. In regard to constant coverage, may be A party was/is expecting some activity given our recent NOTAM etc.
Well i can only say that air activity has been increased since 27th feb 2019. And yeah one night the activity was really strange, heard jets passing by 4 or 5 times in a short span of only 10 to 15mins.

Let me throw a wrench.... EA Mirages.. :enjoy:

May be a corrupt feed or something else that I can't say much. However, I am seeing different map/activity. In regard to constant coverage, may be A party was/is expecting some activity given our recent NOTAM etc.

Well it's not the first time it happened, earlier i was thinking the source would be focused on Bholari due to ongoing exercise but nothing unusual.....Masroor seems to be the magnet.

View attachment 711292
Do you use Google Earth or something else?

Dear Google Earth usually gives you images that are captured when one didn't have a single Grey hair. :D
So please share the site you use. I use a Chinese site, which is much better than Google Earth but still not daily.

Last edited:
Can confirm unusual air activity over KHI. Are you sure these are satellite and not aerial images? Could you share where you got these images from?

View attachment 711292
How do you see it bahi ?

sigh , Sentinel and planet labs update almost daily in some cases, larger cities get more coverage compared to smaller ones , Isb & Karachi will have more recent then compared to some place else, imagery is not for indian customers , go on twitter and u will see pakistanis posting extremely recent imagery of indian cities as well.
Example Indian Swathi Radar export to Armenia
This vid was uploaded on 22Jan , while the aircraft was in India on 21Jan,
then someone used sentinel and posted imagery of the very previous day in India.

Google earth has imagery of November 2020 of number of areas in India already updated , as for the update on masroor , In some areas like a UN base in Central Africa for example there is imagery of twice a month and for all 12 months , for some 3 years or so. And extremely clear too.

Pakistani society feeds of conspiracy theories and heresy more than any other...amply reflected in the state of this forum.

Back
Top Bottom