What's new

Why isn't Pakistan an industrial country yet?When will it become one?

Kolachi Punjabi

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I've been wondering for a very a long time about why Pakistan has such low industrial and manufacturing output, considering that we're the 6th largest country in terms of population, have more land than many European countries, and are rich in natural resources, so why haven't we industrialized?every government whether civilian or military always spoke about "industrializing" when they were in power but nothing really happened.

I've reading since I was child that Pakistan was an "agricultural" country, and now in 2015 we still are.

Neither do major brands want to make in Pakistan nor do we have our own indigenous heavy industries.

What's the reason for this?Could somebody who understands what's required for a country to go industrial explain why we haven't?

Some might say it's cause of political reasons, but even during the cold war when we were very close to America and got lots of AID and investment, we never industrialized, yet countries like Iran who have been under sanction for 40 years have much more manufacturing output than us.

People are making money with small businesses then taking the money out of the country instead of reinvesting and becoming a large corporate.

People are making money with small businesses then taking the money out of the country instead of reinvesting and becoming a large corporate.
Well people could do that anywhere else in the world, but the Indians,Chinese,Mexicans and Indonesians have all gone industrial, yet we haven't, i don't think we're anymore corrupt, the only difference must be government policies.

As long as Nawaz Sharif & Asif Ali Zardi`s 5 year each turn is not over.
Mush,Ayub Khan and Zia couldn't do it too, there must be a better explanation for why we haven't gone industrial, is it actually a good thing for us?

Well people could do that anywhere else in the world, but the Indians,Chinese,Mexicans and Indonesians have all gone industrial, yet we haven't, i don't think we're anymore corrupt, the only difference must be government policies.

Mush,Ayub Khan and Zia couldn't do it too, there must be a better explanation for why we haven't gone industrial, is it actually a good thing for us?
LOL, Pakistan was much better in past than today. Soon after Zardari & Shrif become in power and sharing 5 years with each. They both just makes industries for their own.

LOL, Pakistan was much better in past than today. Soon after Zardari & Shrif become in power and sharing 5 years with each. They both just makes industries for their own.
okay...... Well i'm sure there's a much better explanation for this, perhaps somebody who understands our government & how industrialization works.

Industrîes run on electricity.

Pakistan's total installed electric power is around 24 GW while China's installed Solar Power output alone stands at 33 GW.

Pakistan need to have at least 300 GW of installed electric powe to become an industrialised nation and I don't see that happening any time soon.

If you have money, invest in power generation in Pakistan otherwise your grandchildren will be wondering and day dreaming when they're your age.

okay...... Well i'm sure there's a much better explanation for this, perhaps somebody who understands our government & how industrialization works.
What is wrong with you? Can`t you understand what @nline wrote to you. Zardari as Mr.10% and Mian Sahab own all Pak industries. These industries belong to these 2 persons and their family members. Nobody else can do business in Pakistan without paying them a huge sum of many present.

Industrîes run on electricity.

Pakistan's total installed electric power is around 24 GW while China's installed Solar Power output alone stands at 33 GW.

Pakistan need to have at least 300 GW of installed electric powe to become an industrialised nation and I don't see that happening any time soon.

If you have money, invest in power generation in Pakistan otherwise your grandchildren will be wondering and day dreaming when they're your age.

Well India also has major electricity problems, so do many Latin American and African countries, yet they've gone industrial

What is wrong with you? Can`t you understand what @nline wrote to you. Zardari as Mr.10% and Mian Sahab own all Pak industries. These industries belong to these 2 persons and their family members. Nobody else can do business in Pakistan without paying them a huge sum of many present.
I don't like the but this just sounds like political rhetoric, there's corruption everywhere, I blame the policies

Well India also has major electricity problems, so do many Latin American and African countries, yet they've gone industrial

I don't like the but this just sounds like political rhetoric, there's corruption everywhere, I blame the policies
Yes, you are right here. Pakistani politics just destroyed everything in Pakistan.

Yes, you are right here. Pakistani politics just destroyed everything in Pakistan.

Stop blaming politicans for all your problems. Pakistan is one of the easiest places to do business, zero tax and cheap labor with large market.

Its the people who are not pushing their businesses forward into corporates and take their profits out of their country to places like Dubai, US etc etc.

Well India also has major electricity problems, so do many Latin American and African countries, yet they've gone industrial ...

When did they become industrialised?

This will help you:
List of IMF ranked countries by past and projected GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There's really only China, South Korea, Turkey and some Arab countries in Asia that have heavily industrialised in the past 30-40 years. The rest are still where they were 50-years ago.

Stop blaming politicans for all your problems. Pakistan is one of the easiest places to do business, zero tax and cheap labor with large market.

Its the people who are not pushing their businesses forward into corporates and take their profits out of their country to places like Dubai, US etc etc.
It looks like that you may already joined "Noon league" after being into PPP?

That might explain why we don't have our own local car makers or other brands, but what explains no investment from global corps?

Toyota invested a billion $$$ in Indonesia a few years back, in China there's GM and other brands, in India there's ford and now Korean shipyard companies are investing; in mexico there are american brands making stuff there, BMW has plants in Egypt and Bangladesh's textile industry is larger than ours, so what explains that?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom