What's new

Why isn't bhangra and giddha practised in pakistan's punjab?

PakistaniNawab

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Bhangra and giddha in pre partitioned punjab were created in muslim majority area's like the bhangra was made in Sialkot and took root in Gujranwala, Sheikhpur,Gujrat and Gurdaspur which was muslim majority state and giddha was made in bist doab which was also muslim majority but why didn't pakistani punjabi's still practice these dance forms i know a few do bhangra but i never seen someone do giddha who is a pakistani.

Last edited:
Bhangra and giddha in pre partitioned punjab were created in muslim majority area's like the bhangra was made in Sialkot and took root in Gujranwala, Sheikhpur,Gujrat and Gurdaspur which was muslim majority state and giddha was made in bist doab which was also muslim majority but why didn't pakistani punjabi's still practice these dance forms i know a few do bhangra but i never seen someone do giddha who is a pakistani.
you live in UK and assume this
they are used
hell i live in Punjba in Sialkot
my mom is punjabi
we dance bhangra like hell on some occasions
dont spread false news about Pakistan when you are not living in it

You are not Pakistani, change your flag or stop asking retarded questions about Pakistan.

Now on topic, Bhangra is dance of mirasis and is looked down upon by izzat dar people in west punjab. So it's not as popular apart from maybe in weddings when mirasi drummers are invited.

You are not Pakistani, change your flag or stop asking retarded questions about Pakistan.

Now on topic, Bhangra is dance of mirasis and is looked down upon by izzat dar people in west punjab. So it's not as popular apart from maybe in weddings when mirasi drummers are invited.
How do i ask weird questions?

Can't you read what i wrote?

you live in UK and assume this
they are used
hell i live in Punjba in Sialkot
my mom is punjabi
we dance bhangra like hell on some occasions
dont spread false news about Pakistan when you are not living in it
Did i say no pakistani practices them read the last two lines.

One question, Does anyone use Written Punjabi Language in Pakistan ?

One question, Do anyone use Written Punjabi Language in Pakistan ?

Our Punjabi uses the Nastaliq script. Urdu has been inserted deeply in our roots that no regional language is written anywhere. Only Urdu and English are written in Pakistan. Only sindhi is written differently to Urdu.

Mostly in Marriages and Parties. People are not so Liberal and open minded in Pakistan as Majority are Middle and low class.

P.S: Sharpen your Knifes and Tukas :butcher:

Our Punjabi uses the Nastaliq script. Urdu has been inserted deeply in our roots that no regional language is written anywhere. Only Urdu and English are written in Pakistan. Only sindhi is written differently to Urdu.

Oh okay, so its basically like urdu script ??

How do i ask weird questions?

Can't you read what i wrote?

Did i say no pakistani practices them read the last two lines.

Ghiddha is where women sing punjabi folk songs and dance in wedding? I've seen that in west punjab. If its some other form of dance then not sure.

Heard about Bhangra while growing up , never about Gidhha , don't care what it is either

Bhangra , as I know, is not any kind of formal ritual dance , it's just freestyle :lol:

In Indian Punjab or Sikh maybe do so differently

Because we got to define ourselves by wider Islamic World and Civilization---rather than by our indic culture.

Therefore, excessive dancing (as done by our indian punjabi neighbors) isn't looked positively in Pakistan--especially in a mix-gender setting.

This is also the reason our alcohol consumption rate is drastically lower than indian punjabis.

We do still have dances and cultural celebrations....but when it's the right occassion like wedding etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom