What's new

Why is Modi government paying more than UPA for Mi-17 V5 helicopters?

doublemaster

Reaction score
Country
India
http://in.rbth.com/economics/2014/10/ @07/indian_pm_president_to_use_modified_mi-17_v5_helicopters_38849.html

Here is the UPA deal for the same chopper:
India ordered 80 Mi-17 V5 helicopters from Russia in 2008 for about $1.2 billion, which were expected to be delivered by the end of 2014. A follow-on clause was invoked to buy 59 more choppers for about $893 million.

India goes ahead with purchase of 48 Russian Mi17-V5 choppers | Russia & India Report

After being briefed about the progress made by the negotiations committee, the Defense Acquisition Council cleared the way for a deal to purchase four squadrons, or 48 Mi17-V5 (NATO reporting name Hip) choppers from Russia with a total cost of 6,966 crore rupees ($1.1 billion), according to the sources.

@The_Showstopper @Iggy

mehngai ho gai hai bhi :lol:

Indian and Russian currency both lost value. For India its double loss and for Russia its double profit. Also i see previous government at later stage ordered additional 59 with almost same price then how could new government pay double? I smell some corruption here.

Indian and Russian currency both lost value. For India its double loss and for Russia its double profit. Also i see previous government at later stage ordered additional 59 with almost same price then how could new government pay double? I smell some corruption here.
do we south asian ever have a gov deal without corruption ?no

People often forget to take into account the impact of Inflation

If their was no inflation, then a Su30MKI should still cost us 180 crores, which was its price in year 2007, rather than costing 350 crores as in 2015

Chije 2015 main 2008 ke bhav se nahi milti. Helicopter must have added a lot more features after that.

Back
Top Bottom