What's new

Why is India building the longest Border Wall in the World ?

I thought India wanted Bangladeshis to have an independent, free, happy and a prosperous life, why this discrimination against them?

Maybe India can train more Mukti Bahinis so they can help their own people?

Please build the fence asap, oh and make sure to mine it too. This will be better for Bangladesh....

1 reduced smuggling of goods from india.
2 reduced interaction with indians.
3 development and growth of Bangladesh, with more support from China, Japan, etc.

Win win for both india and Bangladesh.....

India and BD must develop deep respectful relationship. Bengalis are astoundingly interesting people.

Not needed, it would be better to build a bigger fence and mine it.

6_img111515144444.jpg

The borders between countries are often arbitrary constructions, drawn onto a map of landscape by those unfamiliar with realities of life on the ground. And because they are arbitrary, borders are often porous and become sites of smuggling, immigration and local disputes over land ownership.

One way to deal with these issues is to build a wall, make what it's effectively imaginary real and material. This is what India is in the process of doing along its 2,500 mile border to Bangladesh.

Begun in 1989, 1,700 miles of the double fenced, barbed wire wall has already been built, making it by far the longest border fence in the world. Being so long, India's great wall needs a giant police force of 70,000 to guard it.

The job of guarding the border is often a thankless one, and those who work on the wall are alternatively accused of brutality and being too lenient. Some are easily paid off by cattle smugglers, others spend their nights chasing down the same smugglers who are trying to outwit them.

Though interactions can turn violent, the border is home to villages and families whose histories straddle the line. Some homes have a front yard in India and a back yard in Bangladesh. To cross the border border in these places all you have to do is go through your neighbor's garden.

It provides a stark contrast to the massive project that the wall is - and to official immigration policies that stipulate the only way for Bangladeshis to migrate to India is to marry an Indian.

India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi made the wall's completion a key part of his campaign platform. While the wall is designed to prevent illegal immigration of all kinds, the sub-text is the prevention of specifically Muslim Bangladeshi's. Those who are Hindu and cross the border are less persecuted, as are those who promise to convert to Hinduism, a process called "Home Coming."

Indeed this is the sub-text for all borders in the world : the prevention of homogeneous national identities, while the sub-text for their security is keeping out those with a different way of life.
Defence News - Why is India building the longest Border Wall in the World ?
i guess we should also electrify the fencing and make at least 15M high gaurd towersarmed with multiple search lights / radars and MMGs after every 50M all along the border and build a similar one on indo pakistan border

i guess we should also electrify the fencing and make at least 15M high gaurd towersarmed with multiple search lights / radars and MMGs after every 50M all along the border and build a similar one on indo pakistan border

You forgot to mine it too......more the better. I hope the indian government listens to you, this is the best innitiative the indian government has taken....I fully support it.

It won't coz the pole vaulters are in India by invitation. The paid media would go bonkers if they are evicted.
It's really difficult to evict the pole-vaulters who are already here. But we can at-least prevent more illegal BDians from crossing over to India in millions.

It's really difficult to evict the pole-vaulters who are already here. But we can at-least prevent more illegal BDians from crossing over to India in millions.

You guys should stop yapping and finish building the damn fence ASAP, infact make it at least 20' high and mine your border too. Come on man it shouldn't take that long, make it a priority.

You guys should stop yapping and finish building the damn fence ASAP, infact make it at least 20' high and mine your border too. Come on man it shouldn't take that long, make it a priority.

It is really difficult to keep bangladeshis out you know. Give them enough time and they will build a settlement on a minefield.

We will certainly do that. Old congress goons who used to piggy back on illegal BDian votes are no longer in power. :bunny:
Dude if your ever visit places like Delhi or Guwahati you would see that most of it's slums are filled with illegal BDians .

Last edited:
It is really difficult to keep bangladeshis out you know. Give them enough time and they will build a settlement on a minefield.

Well india is a super power it should have the capacity to build the fence by now. Come on dude finish it, how long does it take? Double the bsf on the border, no triple it. 100000000000 volt electric fence, mines etc. Come india you can do it.

We will certainly do that. Old congress goons who piggy backs on illegal BDian votes are no longer in power. :bunny:
Dude if your ever visit places like Delhi or Guwahati you would see that most of it's slums are filled with illegal BDians .

Too much talk, more action. Build the fence, make it a 1000000000 volts electric, mines and bsf super soldiers every 50 meters........Do what ever it takes.

Well india is a super power it should have the capacity to build the fence by now. Come on dude finish it, how long does it take? Double the bsf on the border, no triple it. 100000000000 volt electric fence, mines etc. Come india you can do it.

India has the potential to be a super power but is not a super power yet. But for bangladesh there is hardly a difference.

There is corruption in BSF and reports that some BSF take bribes to let in bangladeshis inside the country.

Oh forgot there is a couple of big holes at the fence though, border posts like benapole etc....a whole train can get through, please shut it now.

Back
Top Bottom