What's new

Why Indian Army Tanks lack AC and Night capabilties?

Dude Im Indian..don't waste your breathe! Half the INdian posters on here are so blind by patriotism that they cannot admit there is fault with the procurement process.
Yes there is a problem in procurement process but just tell me what else we would have purchased except t90 ??/ I mean i don't remember US offering Abrams to IA. Not to mention, we needed alot of MBTs just like US and not unlike other Western countries and thats why cost was also an issue. But i agree with you that this later order of t90 for 1000 more should not be cleared. By that time we could have purchased other tanks like british or german or french or even israel's Merkava. There was no need for more t90.

I think we should also reconsider Tank-ex. It was a nice way to reduce weight. A tank -ex mk2 is needed for the light weight category, i hope after arjun mk2, drdo go for this also. t72 chassis can be procured from Russia or other previous USSR states. This won't even take alot of time. They can also develop it side by side with arjun mk2 and can test both prototype simultaneously.

extankindia20081uu5.jpg

Yes there is a problem in procurement process but just tell me what else we would have purchased except t90 ??/ I mean i don't remember US offering Abrams to IA. Not to mention, we needed alot of MBTs just like US and not unlike other Western countries and thats why cost was also an issue. But i agree with you that this later order of t90 for 1000 more should not be cleared. By that time we could have purchased other tanks like british or german or french or even israel's Merkava. There was no need for more t90.

I was referring to the later 1,000 tanks that General Kapoor signed off right before leaving his position....that SOB is corrupt man I am telling you....I am just wondering where the money he made off the deal is being held......CBI should watching this joker like a hawk...I know initially we didn't have much choice.but is that the real reason, or are we being steered to believe that nobody would offer us nothing but T-90....Think about it....The Russians stand to gain and if they can pay off some chaps to get the deal they would do so. Tank EX looked great to me....I don;t understand why we never pushed further with it. Do you think the Germans would've helped? It doesn;t matter, like the Israelis stated we need to develop the Arjun from the ground up and improve upon it....this is the only way to have a full fledged tank industry in india.

Well there lies the problem. I don't know whats the problem with IA ?? They just don't want this arjun tank or any of its upgrades. I mean, tank experts from all over the world came to delhi to discuss the India's future MBT and everybody said that India should continue to work on Arjun, but our army wants a new design for FMBT. They are trying to design it but they haven't received a success yet.

I said this earlier also, i think MOD should start a competition for FMBT also like in the case of FICV. IA's FMBT vs DRDO's Arjun mk3. IA can take help of private companies like Mahindra, Ashok Leyland or Tata.

I don't get, why IA has problem with weight, just look how much safer Arjun is in comparison to other tanks in India's inventory or its neighbors. Arjun survived a point-blank hit from a T-72. I mean survivability of the tank is one of the most important property of a tank. Arjun can travel at such a high speed, has one of the best armor, great accuracy even when its moving and that too in both day and night conditions, even the ground pressure of arjun is way too less than t90 and now we have special arrangements for the transport of arjun.

I mean if in a war t90 and arjun are placed face to face, just tell me who will survive ?/ The best way is we should place t90 and arjun face to face till the last one survive. Lets have some real action this time.

IA tried to argue it would have to redesign rail transport to support the weight of the Arjun. My thinking is that in the long run its better because we can then accommodate future weapons of heavier weight! Ultimately, the Army is rotten bro......at least there are a handful of officers....you the ones who were tight with Kapoor. It only makes sense when a corrupt general leaves he leaves behind friends in high paces so that they can manipulate purchases long after they left office. You ever notice we are encountering the stiffest resistance to change from the army? Look at the navy....the only way to stop the rot is to cut it off. Anyone involved in corruption that harms national interests should be hung and shot. Also, their families have to suffer, it is the only way to make these folks think twice before engaging in such acts.

I was referring to the later 1,000 tanks that General Kapoor signed off right before leaving his position
You should have read mu whole comment....
My reply :
But i agree with you that this later order of t90 for 1000 more should not be cleared. By that time we could have purchased other tanks like british or german or french or even israel's Merkava. There was no need for more t90.

Do you think the Germans would've helped?
Yes by the time we placed order for 1000 t90, India was getting along with the west. Not only germans, we could have easily purchased or get help from Israel, France, Britain.

It doesn;t matter, like the Israelis stated we need to develop the Arjun from the ground up and improve upon it....this is the only way to have a full fledged tank industry in india.
Actually what Israelis and Germans stated is not important unless IA agrees on that which they are not. They are acting like dumbs and then in the end they will blame DRDO. Tell me one thing, which country ever developed a whole new MBT within a decade ?? Its just stupidity...

Kinetic...grow a pair of you know what.....YOu blocked me yet you comment on my posts! I m malayalee and am more Indian than you will ever be. Don;t be upset lil girl I am sorry you cannot handle the truth.....get over it and help India instead of whining loser.

You should have read mu whole comment....
My reply :

Yes by the time we placed order for 1000 t90, India was getting along with the west. Not only germans, we could have easily purchased or get help from Israel, France, Britain.

Actually what Israelis and Germans stated is not important unless IA agrees on that which they are not. They are acting like dumbs and then in the end they will blame DRDO. Tell me one thing, which country ever developed a whole new MBT within a decade ?? Its just stupidity...

I read the whole post I agree with what you said....I know man the IA is stupid.....they think if thy ask for something it will fall from the clouds. They need a reality check.

Hey do you guys know about Brazilian Osorio MTB ?? It beat every other MBT while competing for S.Arabia's MBT race but they went for Abrams. The project was cancelled due to lack of money, the company which built it went bankrupt. I think we should use our connection with Brazil and use those design of prototype for our FMBT.

Osorio MTB

OsorioMBT.jpg

EE-T1 Osório - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hey do you guys know about Brazilian Osorio MTB ?? It beat every other MBT while competing for S.Arabia's MBT race but they went for Abrams. The project was cancelled due to lack of money, the company which built it went bankrupt. I think we should use our connection with Brazil and use those design of prototype for our FMBT.

Osorio MTB

OsorioMBT.jpg

EE-T1 Osório - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not sure how good it is because of how long ago the competitions were held. The Abrams of this decade is much more capable than in the 80's.

I am not saying we should use it as it is.....there would be changes keeping in mind the future. It has definitely something and thats why it won against all those MBTs. It will be good tie up. Brazil will gain from this and so would we. There would be one more design and future Arjun can compete with this. This tie up would ensure more sales also, not to mention we could very easily enter S.American market using this mbt.

I am not saying we should use it as it is.....there would be changes keeping in mind the future. It has definitely something and thats why it won against all those MBTs. It will be good tie up. Brazil will gain from this and so would we. There would be one more design and future Arjun can compete with this. This tie up would ensure more sales also, not to mention we could very easily enter S.American market using this mbt.

I know but the company was pirate and does not exist. I think it can work out great but is it feasible,,not sure?

I know but the company was pirate and does not exist.
pirate ??
I know the company is closed because of bankruptcy but the design was handed over to Brazilian forces....We have to talk directly to the Brazilian government but who will tell our side about even the existence of this MBT ??

BEL Bangalore manufactures few types of Night Vision Binoculars (IR types). But more than Night vision, Tanks require Thermal imageing assisted with GPS else they would become sitting ducks in a battle field.
During a recent visit to BEL, i saw a Generator used to Power some unknown communication unit. It had a special sound absorbing cabinet & to cool the Generator, they had used a special AC to maintain the Temperature to 18Degrees C. Modern day tanks is not just about Brute Engines or the firing power but its also more of Electronics. And for electronics to work properly it requires cooling. Maybe in the program of Nat Geo, they had switched off AC.. :lol:

While buying Maruti Suzuki 800 or Alto, we have a choice for with or without AC versions. But would you ask the same question if you are buying BMW or Benz? :lol:

BEL is making strides in defense electronics but it has very less Research spending...by the time it develops something, it gets outdated but now through many JVs it is getting closer with its contemporaries but it will be better for BEL if it faces competition from someone like that TCS project could be given to some IT company instead of BEL. What is happening with the battle management system ??

Because indian army is corrupt to the core. For eg, indian hero Deepak Kapoor.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom