What's new

Why India will not be able to match up with China

Status
Not open for further replies.

shchinese

BANNED
Reaction score
discussion is welcomed, but please present your well thought argument, not personal attacks or trolls.

Reason No.1

Industry is always the backbone of any major nation. when you have >1 billion people, the so called service sector is just a useless propaganda junk if your industry is even not ready to build stuff required by the daily life of your citizens.

One of those millions factories in China:

World's largest port - Shanghai Port:

7-9th June is the so called "Gaokao" period, every year we have 10 million of our youths sit the national exams, 60% of graduates (millions every single year) will become engineers in 4 years:

can you match up with us?

discussion is welcomed, but please present your well thought argument, not personal attacks or trolls.

Reason No.1

Industry is always the backbone of any major nation. when you have >1 billion people, the so called service sector is just a useless propaganda junk if your industry is even not ready to build stuff required by the daily life of your citizens.

One of those millions factories in China:

World's largest port - Shanghai Port:

7-9th June is the so called "Gaokao" period, every year we have 10 million of our youths sit the national exams, 60% of graduates (millions every single year) will become engineers in 4 years:

can you match up with us?

You're scaring our Indian friends. :smitten:

Reason No.2

Service sector will always be important, however the sector should be able to benefit the local community in large, not just a few small selected/well educated groups.

Bank of India's web site:

Bank of China's web site:

which one would you trust?

have a look at our banks, the following is even not a "branch", it is just a outlet which even doesn't have a branch code.

let's don't talk about software & IT kind of "service", Indians even don't have any world top 100 web native to India (google india/ms india is not native), we have about 20. have a look please, but don't challenge the alexa data.

Alexa Top 500 Global Sites

Reason No.3

People is always the most important factor and I am glad to see we Chinese are in general more diligent than Indians.

Every morning, we have our youths line up in front of libraries waiting for a very productive day of learning:

lazy young people work 60 hours a week in my home country.

Why does India have to match up to China or vice versa ?

Why are we starting a D**k measureing contest when there is no need for it ?

Each nation has its own strenghth & weaknesses . Its ok, both are progressing in their own way & at their own speeds.

Reason No.4

the next iteration of economic development relies on the infrastructure, you can't build a world class expressway/railway network in a few years, that is the outcome of decades long of smart planning and execution.

As of today, we have 60,000+ kilometers expressway, connecting all our population centers and small cities, we add another 5000-6000 kilometers every single year.

another 600 billion USD have been allocated for the railway upgrade in the next 10 years.

and the above big $$$ investment doesn't include the spending on metros, we have metros in every major Chinese city (more than one dozen of them).
a typical day in a typical shanghai metro train:

Sh,

Tell me , are you happy with China & proud at the way it is developing considering how it was a decade or two ago ?

Firstly, no wise person would compare the trustworthiness of a bank just by looking at the layout of their websites :-)blink:).

Secondly, it is nice to have thousands of engineering graduates, but what about the quality of these engineers? Asia's best science and tech schools (Asiaweek.com | Asia's Best Universities 2000 | Overall Ranking) - compare the number of Indian and Chinese institutes in that list.

Thirdly, about all of us know that India is behind China simply because the Chinese initiated market reforms more than ten years before India did and the Chinese government is more efficient than India's.

Fact remains, most Indians look at China for inspiration, not for competition. Some Indians might dream of catching up to China but they all know that will take considerable time and motivation.

Last edited:
Great thread and awesome pictures! Please continue until you reach 10 reasons, then 100 reasons, then 1,000 reasons and stop at 10,000 reasons. But be sure to include photos, they are cool!

it is nice to see different point of views, you guys are more than welcomed to keep yours under the only condition that I should also be allowed to have my own point of views backed by the facts presented here in this thread.

Reason No.5

Indians always say their reform comes years after China's 1978 reform, and that is the reason why they are decades behind. However, the trust is there is NO such reform in most part of China until 1992.

Let's look at the biggest commercial city shanghai, can we buy shares in Shanghai before 1992? No, we can't. Is there any private business in Shanghai by 1992? Then tell me where is the Chinese economic reform in the 1980s? We didn't have it.

In just 17 years, we have transformed our nation to a much better place to live. A typical "relocation apartment" in shanghai:

The above is not for mid class families, this is for below average families once they get the government relocation. The apartment is given to them for FREE + government pay for the cost of relocation and cover your salary during the renovation period. I am so angry that my place in Shanghai didn't get the chance to be relocated as they told me my area is well developed:

Indians have yet to prove their ability for developing a modern economy.

Well, Let not my comment hurt the feelings of any Chinese or Indian. This Is a race for the Future of The Stability of a nation. Considering all the facts which my chinese friend has stated, Chinese do have a good Industry, But yes Look back, You will only find Indian Industries competing you guys.

When It comes to education, Again turn back, India Is the second Contributor of Scientists,doctors and Engineers to the world.. Library. hmnn.. Our students dont need to stand in a line as Our classes might not be well equipped like chinese , but the teachers are way too better.

Lets come to might Now, Chinese reaching military age annually 26,470,412, India had around 20,229,373.. but in 2008-2009, its been just 18,140,567

You might be having several weapons, but you cannot nuke ... Both India and China have signed No first use policy. Chinese are ahead of India as of now. But The Future is still Unknown

it is nice to see different point of views, you guys are more than welcomed to keep yours under the only condition that I should also be allowed to have my own point of views backed by the facts presented here in this thread.

Reason No.5

Indians always say their reform comes years after China's 1978 reform, and that is the reason why they are decades behind. However, the trust is there is NO such reform in most part of China until 1992.

Let's look at the biggest commercial city shanghai, can we buy shares in Shanghai before 1992? No, we can't. Is there any private business in Shanghai by 1992? Then tell me where is the Chinese economic reform in the 1980s? We didn't have it.

In just 17 years, we have transformed our nation to a much better place to live. A typical "relocation apartment" in shanghai:

The above is not for mid class families, this is for below average families once they get the government relocation. The apartment is given to them for FREE + government pay for the cost of relocation and cover your salary during the renovation period. I am so angry that my place in Shanghai didn't get the chance to be relocated as they told me my area is well developed:

Indians have yet to prove their ability for developing a modern economy.

I'm sure many Indians look at China's massive strides in the economic sector with awe. I wish my native country's government was so efficient. :)

But what about human rights?

I'm sure many Indians look at China's massive strides in the economic sector with awe. I wish my native country's government was so efficient. :)

But what about human rights?

China doesn't have an inhumane discriminatory Caste System, nor does it have major religious/ethnic/minority issues. The small issues it does have FLG, WUC are based in Washington-Munich-London-TelAviv!

Hope that helps! :smitten:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom