What's new

Why India Shouldn’t Underestimate the Pakistani Air Force’s JF-17 Thunder

In fact, it a story of rest of the world overestimated the BARS radar and Israel Elta radar of Mig-21 Bison. Their spec is always overstretched , giving the impression of their superiority. For example for a BVRAAM to achieve max target of 150km, it need to fire at very high attitude with the target also getting into that position. But most likely scenario will be 70-80km killed zone for most condition. This is same as radar where the max detection is used against giant target like AWACS or tanker. Giving the impression of its superior spec.

When Chinese and Pakistan do not restore to this kind of cheapshot marketing. Instead it rely more on real demonstration to convince customers for their stated demonstration requirement.

That is why a lot of ignorant fool believe the myth of MKI BARS PESA radar. Now everyone realised how crap these radar perform in real scenario. Dont be fooled into thinking MKI still hold any edge over JF-17. The only edge it hold is long legged capabilities without carry fuel pod.
thats why IAF is desperately asking for Rafale.

Now they are going for Rafale, so what happened to Modi “MAKE IN INDIA” slogan near elections

A JF-17 thunder on hand is better than a Rafale on paper.
But still LCA tejas leads the Aviation industry by some distance.

The thing is, given right circumstances and a better pilot an inferior aircraft can take out superior adversariers.

Tier of a weapon doesn't matter when it is in capable hands.

We should all be thankful to Allah for pakistan and super armed forces. They are a Blessing for us All.

Otherwise we would be devastated like syria or Afghanistan by superior powers.

India is 4x more powerful than us. It is Allah who protects us. We should be thankful and not be evil people.

Imran khan is a recent blessing. Pray for him also.

Very True. Even the stupid moves of Khan become blessing in disguise. Allah Almighty is helping him.

Yes highly trained pilots are critical. But another extremely critical requirement is that your machine is capable of launching all sorts of weapon systems, from low-end weapons to high-end weapons across a wide spectrum of threats. What JF-17 has done is give FREEDOM to PAF to utilize a large variety of weapons and missiles in a variety of combinations. I call it STRATEGIC AUTONOMY!
Just like many Indians, some Pakistani are still not able to digest the fact that they had been underestimating JF17 big time.

its a tactic against MKI by JF-17, JF-17 knows that in the from WVR fight it can't survive, that's it chose other option BVR fight with low front RCS and relative good radar coverage from its KLJ-V2 radar it able to fire BVR before MKI sees JF-17 and fires either BVR or SRAAM

ok tell me which pilots wants to go in WVR fight ? i mean any fighter pilot will love to get an early lockon and fire without waiting for WVR. BVR is not an option, its the only form of aerial fight that is taking place now and in future. There is a reason that the soldiers prefer guns and not swords nowadays.

India is a country that has managed to sink their 2.9 billion dollar nuclear sub. I don’t think I have to add anything else.

Yes, you can have the most fancy toys in the world. When you don’t have properly trained personnel lethal toys become useless weapons in the hands of monkeys.

100%. Remain humble and learn not only from shortcomings, but also from success. We are not going to boast about anything. Hardwork and faith are the only thing that matters.
True. But i mean may be, we, the keyboard warriors may from time to time loose their temper but the Fighter pilots are very humble. Listen to the leaked audio, if you haven't already. Was very pleased to listen from him "Allah ka shukar, Sab ki duwaon ki waja sai, Allah nai izzat rakhi," etc

thats why IAF is desperately asking for Rafale.
The french are making a very bold move. Allowing Indian pilots in their best fighter jets.

ok tell me which pilots wants to go in WVR fight ? i mean any fighter pilot will love to get an early lockon and fire without waiting for WVR. BVR is not an option, its the only form of aerial fight that is taking place now and in future. There is a reason that the soldiers prefer guns and not swords nowadays
It about tactic bro i gave just my opinion which is right in past BVR wasn't a reliable option that's why pilots necessarily want to fight WVR fight,JF-17 airframe has it limitation can't fight WVR combat with MKI because MKI have TVC to improve its agility/maneuverability at close ranges @Sohail Ishaque

I dont think JF-17 killed Su-30. It was killed by F-16 which fired AIM-120. If the exploded piece of missile Indian Air Chief showed in press conference is genuine, the Air Chief inadvertently admitted a plane was shot down.

I dont see any utility in using BVR missile to kill a MiG-21. It has be their big fish. No wonder Air Chief was demoralized. The Indians showed missile part to make the cry baby complaint to America. But they did not realize its admission of their failure.

More then 6. As a single rafale cost some 200+ million dollars while a Block two thinder cost no more then 30.

What a load of crap. According to the French senate (Most credible source),the cost of production of a single Rafale was as follow ;

Rafale M : €78M
Rafale B : €73M
Rafale C : €68M

Last edited:
its a tactic against MKI by JF-17, JF-17 knows that in the from WVR fight it can't survive, that's it chose other option BVR fight with low front RCS and relative good radar coverage from its KLJ-V2 radar it able to fire BVR before MKI sees JF-17 and fires either BVR or SRAAM
Don't forget JF17 home ground advantage and AWACS help. That changes any uper hand by SU30s or any other fighter India have.

Indian pilots drink cow urine which make them sluggish and less quick in decision making during combat so even if they are given f35 they will lose combat with jf17

What's the point of this racist rant? Clearly, we are better than this, and I am sure there are more sensible people across the border as well.

What a load of crap. According to the French senate (Most credible source),the cost of production of a single Rafale was as follow ;

Rafale M : €78M
Rafale B : €73M
Rafale C : €68M
You just give away supposedly confidential(?) information on the production costs of Rafale! Your selling price is more than 200% or is it 300% of your production cost. That is huge profits you earn from the Indians.

Edit: Looks like you meant acquisition cost of French Airforce. Acquisition cost for the customer = production cost + profits for the manufacturer.

India is paying €7.8 billion for 36 Rafale, or €216.67 million each inclusive of spare and training I presume. Edit: inclusive of weapons like meteor missile.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom