What's new

Why I love visiting Pakistan and go back every year

The Diplomat

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I’m a proud British-Pakistani and usually travel to Pakistan at least once a year. I always look forward to my trips to Pakistan and I have often been asked how is Pakistan; is it the same as media portrays it to be or is it full mountains or is it very hot? I tend to answer the question by saying that Pakistan can only be understood once you visit the country, the north is cold and yes it does have mountains however the south is dry and warm, it is the heart of the economy. I compare the North and South to Nevada and Ohio as most Westerners tent to know the temperatures of both states.

It has nearly been a year since my last visit and I plan to go in the Summer. I’m originally from Lahore and I can’t wait to see the developments; Emproium Mall, Orange Train Line, Greater Iqbal Park… Despite what people say and the stories I’ve heard I tend to find Pakistan a safe place; I usually find myself staying out till 01:00 or 02:00 in the morning and I have never faced a problem once. Yes, you must be vigilant but that comes with a lot of countries; the US being one.

My escape from life is going North towards Skardu and staying in The Shangrila Hotel or crossing Abbottabad Lake on a boat, even better is spending two weeks in Gilgit. I have tended to notice that the phrase “Pakistani’s are mehman nawaaz log” is true and that no matter where you go; North, South, East or West the locals welcome you with open arms and there’s something about that which makes me feel sad when I’m at the airport waiting to board my flight… I often think when will it be the next time that I go to Pakistan and I usually start planning my next adventure before I have even left Pakistan.

In Punjab I usually spend most of my time in Lahore where I love going to the beautiful food street or Chaman and Gourmet. Walled City is something which is close to my heart and I love seeing the bazaars scattered around Walled City. Gawalmandi, M.M Alam Road, Sozo Water Park, Walton Flying Club, Johar Town, DHA, Bharia Town and Gulberg are also places of interest.

I have been South towards Karachi however only twice and I was very young and therefor don’t remember much. I do plan to go this summer towards Karachi, Gwadar, Sukkur and other cities that I can fit in my adventure… Clifton Beach, Quaid-e-Azam’s Mazar and Mohatta Place would be in this summer’s bucket list for sure!

Islamabad speaks for its self; F9, Margala Hills, 7th Avenue, Pakistan Monument, Faisal Mosque and Centauras Mall are all beautiful and Islamabad represents a sign of unity being the Capital. Army Museum located at GHQ is also a great place to go if you want a taste of history and is not too far from Islamabad.

I went to Peshawar once and I loved every bit of it; Khyper Pass. Bila Hisra Fort and Peshawar Museum are all great places to visit and give an in depth into the country’s and Peshawar’s history.

The point of this was actually to ask for any recommendations for my trip this summer however I think I got a little carried away! Anyway, Pakistan Zindabad and I’m coming for you Pakistan!
:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

Thought you guys might be able to give some ideas of where to visit (I don't mind province or city, i'm going for the summer holidays so I have plenty of time):
@Kaptaan @waz @Sher Shah Awan @war&peace @Garfield @Well.wisher @El Sidd @Dil Pakistan @BATMAN @Divergent @django @Hell hound

Last edited:
That’s so nice and you’ve given me so many ideas on my next trip, I go very soon after Christmas sometime and I’m actually looking forward to it. Honestly Islamabad is my favourite. It’s not too hectic, the only thing is the water over there doesn’t suit me whereas Lahore water is much better. Other than it’s a good place, I went solo and visited a lot of friends, our farmhouse and village etc. It was awesome. I’m looking forward to the trip again, though it won’t be as long as the previous one and meeting the same crazy crowd, in addition with new people

That’s so nice and you’ve given me so many ideas on my next trip, I go very soon after Christmas sometime and I’m actually looking forward to it. Honestly Islamabad is my favourite. It’s not too hectic, the only thing is the water over there doesn’t suit me whereas Lahore water is much better. Other than it’s a good place, I went solo and visited a lot of friends, our farmhouse and village etc. It was awesome. I’m looking forward to the trip again, though it won’t be as long as the previous one and meeting the same crazy crowd, in addition with new people
Which city are you going to? If it's Lahore than the Wagah Border Parade is one of a kind and it's a must go!Cuckoo's Den and Haveli are probably the best restaurants, they overlook Badshahi Mosque and the views are one of a kind (bring a proper camera and not a phone one if you go there).
Hope to hear all about the trip! Have fun!

Try going here once if possible, Uchali Lake. It's not even that far from Islamabad. (Yes, I am shameless about promoting this place, I feel it is far too neglected in comparison with the other areas of Pakistan in tourism:

Uchali-Lake-2.jpg

6389799035_589337b678_b.jpg

f960b5667b90e944bc9e33b49fdf3e89.jpg

Try going here once if possible, Uchali Lake. It's not even that far from Islamabad. (Yes, I am shameless about promoting this place, I feel it is far too neglected in comparison with the other areas of Pakistan in tourism:
Looks great! My cousin went recently and she was telling me all about it, looks beautiful!

I’m a proud British-Pakistani and usually travel to Pakistan at least once a year. I always look forward to my trips to Pakistan and I have often been asked how is Pakistan; is it the same as media portrays it to be or is it full mountains or is it very hot? I tend to answer the question by saying that Pakistan can only be understood once you visit the country, the north is cold and yes it does have mountains however the south is dry and warm, it is the heart of the economy. I compare the North and South to Nevada and Ohio as most Westerners tent to know the temperatures of both states.

It has nearly been a year since my last visit and I plan to go in the Summer. I’m originally from Lahore and I can’t wait to see the developments; Emproium Mall, Orange Train Line, Greater Iqbal Park… Despite what people say and the stories I’ve heard I tend to find Pakistan a safe place; I usually find myself staying out till 01:00 or 02:00 in the morning and I have never faced a problem once. Yes, you must be vigilant but that comes with a lot of countries; the US being one.

My escape from life is going North towards Skardu and staying in The Shangrila Hotel or crossing Abbottabad Lake on a boat, even better is spending two weeks in Gilgit. I have tended to notice that the phrase “Pakistani’s are mehman nawaaz log” is true and that no matter where you go; North, South, East or West the locals welcome you with open arms and there’s something about that which makes me feel sad when I’m at the airport waiting to board my flight… I often think when will it be the next time that I go to Pakistan and I usually start planning my next adventure before I have even left Pakistan.

In Punjab I usually spend most of my time in Lahore where I love going to the beautiful food street or Chaman and Gourmet. Walled City is something which is close to my heart and I love seeing the bazaars scattered around Walled City. Gawalmandi, M.M Alam Road, Sozo Water Park, Walton Flying Club, Johar Town, DHA, Bharia Town and Gulberg are also places of interest.

I have been South towards Karachi however only twice and I was very young and therefor don’t remember much. I do plan to go this summer towards Karachi, Gwadar, Sukkur and other cities that I can fit in my adventure… Clifton Beach, Quaid-e-Azam’s Mazar and Mohatta Place would be in this summer’s bucket list for sure!

Islamabad speaks for its self; F9, Margala Hills, 7th Avenue, Pakistan Monument, Faisal Mosque and Centauras Mall are all beautiful and Islamabad represents a sign of unity being the Capital. Army Museum located at GHQ is also a great place to go if you want a taste of history and is not too far from Islamabad.

I went to Peshawar once and I loved every bit of it; Khyper Pass. Bila Hisra Fort and Peshawar Museum are all great places to visit and give an in depth into the country’s and Peshawar’s history.

The point of this was actually to ask for any recommendations for my trip this summer however I think I got a little carried away! Anyway, Pakistan Zindabad and I’m coming for you Pakistan!

Thought you guys might be able to give some ideas of where to visit (I don't mind province or city, i'm going for the summer holidays so I have plenty of time):
@Kaptaan @waz @Sher Shah Awan @war&peace @Garfield @Well.wisher @El Sidd @Dil Pakistan @BATMAN @Divergent @django @Hell hound
plan a trip to azad kashmir. muzaffarabad +river nelum is just indescribable and don't forget the villages they are lot different than the one you see in punjab.
BmjqyS_CMAA5rTL.jpg

villages
4f3aaa20d67dbacaa6c440c695e9c311.jpg

feel free to contact me when you are in lahore will love to meet a fellow PDF member :cheers:

Pakistan is an awesome place to be from, and I'm happy to call it my ancestral homeland.

I most definitely wouldn't want it any other way.

plan a trip to azad kashmir. muzaffarabad +river nelum is just indescribable and don't forget the villages they are lot different than the one you see in punjab.
feel free to contact me when you are in lahore will love to meet a fellow PDF member :cheers:
Thanks brother! I've always wanted to visit Kashmir, looks great! :cheers:

Last edited:

Have fun man.

Life is thriving in Pakistan.

From Kalash to Thar.
From Deosai to Hingol.
From bahawalpur to the Baloch mangroves.
From the Beach to the Beast of K2.

People value smiles not perks here.

Nice thread bro, hugs.

Imagine if PDF actually organised an event where all selective, trust worthy members could meet @WebMaster :D

I’d be too shy though lmao

Tickets sold at 2000rs each which covers food/drinks and there could be an actual award show.

I’d be such a brilliant organiser :P

@The Diplomat
Take care with the street food and ice cream, I don't have much trust in it but you may try Lahori fish.
There's not much extra which is not available to you in UK. Still, you may visit various museums in Lahore, Gymkhana club, Indian border... actually 15 years ago most interesting thing in Lahore used to be Lahoris, but I suppose its not same any more.

Back
Top Bottom