What's new

Why doesn't Pakistan build an aircraft carrier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pakistan navy only needs to counter IN..........no need of such expensive toys.

Officer of Engineers said:
I've seen NOTHING to even suggest that the Chinese have moved powerplants to that ship. If they're going to try, we would have seen it. We're talking engines the size of small buildings here and the testing required would have light up the infrared galore.

The powerplants are not the problem, they can simply be bought from russia, the problem is whether the structure is still sound.

sigatoka said:
Do you think its possible that they are just working on it just to improve their skills and have no intention of actually putting it to sea. This could be useful if in five to ten years time they actually decide to build an aircraft carrier.

Sounds logic.
I wonder what China paid for the vessel.

Neo said:
Sounds logic.
I wonder what China paid for the vessel.

Question remains the same....For what purpose???:wall:

sigatoka said:
The powerplants are not the problem, they can simply be bought from russia, the problem is whether the structure is still sound.

It damned well is a problem when no one is willing to sell nothing!

Officer of Engineers said:
It damned well is a problem when no one is willing to sell nothing!

The Russian's will sell if the Chinese give the money which they will only do if they think that the structure of the ship is good enough to fly planes off.

note: according to some sources the ship's internal condition arent as bad as u think it is........ pla will likely to turn this ship into a traning platform and it would be a good experience for maintain and operate the carrier.....

Laughable that such a carrier will prepare anyone to do anything. America has been operating carriers for 70 years now.

master_fx said:
note: according to some sources the ship's internal condition arent as bad as u think it is........ pla will likely to turn this ship into a traning platform and it would be a good experience for maintain and operate the carrier.....

Knock, knock, they dont have engines, nor planes nor experience in operating them. They cannot get operational experience with out operating them...

sigatoka said:
The Russian's will sell if the Chinese give the money which they will only do if they think that the structure of the ship is good enough to fly planes off.
Let me put it in very simple English for you.

THE RUSSIANS AIN'T SELLING SQUAT! Get it? The Chinese tried. No go. No sale. Nada. Zilch. Empty handed. A big fat zero. The cupboard is empty.

AOA,
Should Pakistan acquire a aircraft carrier for the naval warfare in Arabia sea.
A M Qureshi.

A M Qureshi said:
AOA,
A M Qureshi.

Sid said:
Pakistan Navy doesn't need an AC since it is just not cohesive with its strategy of a defensive posture against any aggression. It is more interested in acquiring more submarines and frigates. I think we should be looking at Destroyers now.

hope this helps

A M Qureshi said:
AOA,
A M Qureshi.

Who exactly will Pak. be figting in the Arabian sea?

sigatoka said:
Who exactly will Pak. be figting in the Arabian sea?

This is a very good question.
What is the opinion of the forum members?
I think apart from the obvious 'enemy', India :whatever: , Pakistan must keep an eye on the 'Birth pangs of new middle east' !!
Pakistan never know when US turns and say, 'YOU ARE THE NEXT, BABY'.
Hope to get an honest and cool thought to it, rather then heated conversation.
Kashif

AOA,

Pakistan should acquire one AC because it can easly defend Indian navy but US navy is big problem right now. Because I think that day is not so far when American will come after Pakistan because Pakistan is the only nuclear power in muslim region from Turkey to Indonesia. Iran is trying but they are far behinde from us. As you people can see in Lebonan what the hell kind of fighting is going on their, What if our gov. send our troops there under un flag, It is possible that Israeal will specialy target our troops for the purpose of getting know how of our COMBAT CAPABILITIES. If we respond them in a quicklly way, they will start another war and I am 100% sure America will come to save Israeal and attack us from behine in Arabian sea.
What do think about this.
Have a nice time in bed...
A M Qureshi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom