What's new

Why doesn't Pakistan build an aircraft carrier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AOA,
To Sid,
Do u know China launch their economic attack on India last month by dumping its whole cotton industry products, with almost no profit base. India is trying to stop them...
A M Qureshi,
Have a nice time in bed.

[Mod Edit: Please be aware, we do NOT condone 'romantic' goodbyes such as 'have a nice time in bed' here. This is a serious discussion forum; not a chat channel. This post is the last with that sort of an ending note I hope]

Point is...??

Before writing anything, please keep in mind that this is a naval thread and not an economic one. Open up a new thread if you want to discuss different dimensions pertaining to national interest and what not. Thnx

IMHO, I don't think a Carrier is a good idea for Pakistan. The USN Carrier groups are a legacy of the cold war. Nowadays with anti-ship missiles, they just represent a large target. Why not instead invest in the new line of litteral combat ships such as what even the USN is doing?

Yes Sigatoka, I myself found that a bit 'freakish' so I'm going to caution Mr Qureshi.

wtf? all the sudden from a carrier to economy and then turns into Have a nice time in bed? ROFLMAo....

AOA,
To all members,
I really really not mean that, that you guys pick it up.
I am sorry I wont use it any more.
VERY SORRY.

A M Qureshi.

AOA,

Back to our discusion,
Why you people do not not try to understand that, AC is not only for waters but also for AIR ATTACKs. For example... If Indians attack us then how can we took that attack with out AIR POWER, we have good numbers of jets. but they have limitted fuel, If we have AC then they can fefuel their selves from their and can attack Indian from behinde too. what do you think about that.

A M Qureshi.

A M Qureshi said:
AOA,

Back to our discusion,
Why you people do not not try to understand that, AC is not only for waters but also for AIR ATTACKs. For example... If Indians attack us then how can we took that attack with out AIR POWER, we have good numbers of jets. but they have limitted fuel, If we have AC then they can fefuel their selves from their and can attack Indian from behinde too. what do you think about that.

A M Qureshi.

Fact is Mr Qureshi, you have to try an understand that advocating an AC for the PN is an irrelevant exercise with no justification. You're talking about limited fuel and then talking about an aircraft carrier providing extra fuel for deep strike missions. That is just nonsense.

There are these very simple things out there called Conformal Fuel Tanks (CFTs) which can be fitted on to the aircraft to increase their operational radius (range) so that they can undertake deep-strike missions.

The other option is a mid-air refuelling aircraft. That capability is already being looked in to by the PAF since it saves time specially if a aircraft is on a reconnaisance mission by giving it ample enough time to stay longer up in the blue. IAF has already exercised this option and is now capable of mid-air refuelling of its combat aircraft.

Once again, an aircraft carrier does NOT fit in to PN's doctrine and strategy. Its main aim is to strengthen its Sub fleet in the short-to-medium term while in the long run, making more resources available for the development of a strong surface fleet which can enable it to pack an effective punch. Heavier frigates and maybe destroyers are the key.

AOA,
Is AGOUSTA 90b is capable of launching NUCLEAR MISSLE under water?
Pakistan should acquire GERMAN SUBS too, these are more relaible.
A M Qureshi.

A M Qureshi said:
AOA,
A M Qureshi.

No, it is not nuclear capable. Which German subs do you have in mind?

A M Qureshi said:
AOA,
A M Qureshi.
AGOUSTA 90b is not an ICBM nuclear submarine.....

master_fx said:
AGOUSTA 90b is not an ICBM nuclear submarine.....

They've modified AGOUSTA 90b to lauch cruise missiles in future, so offcourse they could launch nuclear capable cruise missiles.

ICBM is still a long way ahead

melb4aust said:
They've modified AGOUSTA 90b to lauch cruise missiles in future, so offcourse they could launch nuclear capable cruise missiles.

ICBM is still a long way ahead

I have seen no link to back that up. Exocets - yes! got a link?

Quite right TexasJohn, to my knowledge as well, I have yet to hear about Agosta 90Bs being modified to launch cruise missiles. As yet, they cannot be modified for technical reasons I believe. This is another major reason why PN is looking for a next generation Sub to counter IN's forthcoming Scorpenes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom