What's new

Why doesn't PAF just do a "All F-16 units" flyby this Pakistan Day?

Didn't India pull a stunt saying the shot down Su-30 MKI was still flying as the Avenger-1 even though there was no way anyone could confirm whether it's the same aircraft? That was a self-slap on India's face.

I have a simpler question.

When will Pakistani F16 kills of non Pakistanis outnumber the Pakistani kills?

I have a simple question, dont know if this has been answered before so apologies in advance

Why doesnt PAF do a complete flyby of all its F-16s this March 23rd to silence Indian/Modi claims once and for all. The psychological/5th gen damage to India will be enough to justify the cost i guess. I have read we did a similar thing with the Sabres

Are there any operational limitations other then cost which prevent this from happening?
Elephant walks at various airbases hosting Vipers would be better. And it has been done before, in the late 1980s...

In 71 , PAF lined up all their Mirages which the Indians claimed on shooting down - they still kept on lying so it’s not like you have an honest bone on the other side that is going to be heard or convince their majority.

I have a simple question, dont know if this has been answered before so apologies in advance

Why doesnt PAF do a complete flyby of all its F-16s this March 23rd to silence Indian/Modi claims once and for all. The psychological/5th gen damage to India will be enough to justify the cost i guess. I have read we did a similar thing with the Sabres

Are there any operational limitations other then cost which prevent this from happening?
Much easier will be an elephant walk 🙂

This is just like the current scenario, PDM claiming that hundred of thousands turn up for their rallies but reality is all too well known.
PAF knows well what they have hit and what they have not lost while Indians are also well aware what they never achieved and what they have lost.....rest is all drama for face saving and public consumption.
I don't hear Pakistani PM or PAF Boss showing any urgency for any new platform to achieve any different results.

Didn't India pull a stunt saying the shot down Su-30 MKI was still flying as the Avenger-1 even though there was no way anyone could confirm whether it's the same aircraft? That was a self-slap on India's face.
They pulled the so called avenger from a base that is much far from border to show no jet was shot down 🤣
I have a simpler question.

When will Pakistani F16 kills of non Pakistanis outnumber the Pakistani kills?
They already do..
Elephant walks at various airbases hosting Vipers would be better. And it has been done before, in the late 1980s...
Bro is there any video of them elephant walks?

well a few things

1) Pakistan and PAF don’t care about what India or IAF say about them. Rather the focus rightly is to improve their capability and create the Pakistani narrative forcing the Indians to expend energy proving us wrong. Case and point India sharing it’s fake radar picture etc.

2) pulling our forces from forward bases will provide our adversaries with a window of opportunity to attack us

k

They pulled the so called avenger from a base that is much far from border to show no jet was shot down 🤣

They already do..

Not that I know of, but there was a picture I had seen on the cover of a magazine a few years back

I am a layman and lack credentials to answer this question.

But logically, these (F-16s) are rare machines that are serving specific roles. They would be strategically placed to bolster defense. Calling them all to suspend their duties just for a flyby so that Modi could count them one by one, seems childish. What if Modi says it was too cloudy to see a single F-16?

Firstly, we will have to arrange for alternative ACs so that they could substitute for and resume duties alongside their own assigned roles. If somehow an arrangement is made, imagine the air traffic and postponing of flights. All vectors approaching the sky of Islamabad.

Other than that, we would not only be exposing our sensitive areas for aggression but also granting an opportunity to enemy to tag and follow each and every AC as to where it goes after the party is over- coordinates copied! It will help them (enemy) in locating our airbases that are not public and will also help them in strategizing for future. Even attacks on airbases could take place because F-16 is a scary jet fighter that has given nightmares to them!

To sum up, 'don`t put all your eggs in one basket.'

If nothing else, US is a neutral player or more biased towards India than Pakistan and if we go by their analysis and findings:

“The findings directly contradict the account of Indian Air Force officials, who said that Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman managed to shoot down a Pakistani F-16 before his own plane was downed by a Pakistani missile.

It is possible that in the heat of combat, Varthaman, flying a vintage MiG-21 Bison, got a lock on the Pakistani F-16, fired, and genuinely believed he scored a hit. But the count, conducted by U.S. authorities on the ground in Pakistan, sheds doubt on New Delhi’s version of events, suggesting that Indian authorities may have misled the international community about what happened that day.”

Other than all this, in my opinion, we should not set such risky precedents where we seek the approval of India or the international community with a cheerleaders` show.

It's an interesting idea but it has many issues with it as highlighted by other members.

It is important to note that not ALL F-16s are operational at a given moment. Some are in reserve and some are mothballed to service others while our C-130's make routine flights to Baltimore/Denver to bring back spares. So getting all F-16s airborne is an expensive task and hectic task. Also, getting all F-16s airborne means subsequent to the formation flight. There will be a window where none of these F-16s will be able to turn around and take off in time, in case of an intrusion. Pakistan's lack of strategic depth makes this move altogether very dangerous.

Furthermore, getting some 70+ aircraft airborne at a single time exponentially increases the risk of a machine going wrong somewhere. It's simple probability. Secondly, at most, there has been a flight of 24 F-16s at a given time (6 sections) on a 23rd March long time back. So, 75 odd F-16s fitting the sky in less than a 1 km sq (for a picture perhaps) is very risky and requires some serious planning.

In the end, ask yourselves this question. All this for what? And to prove whom? Trust me when I say this, we are sitting here in Canada (myself & @Raider 21). The IAF has made a mockery out of itself in foreign military/aerospace circles after this Bollywood inspired F-16 claim.

Its like a 'last stand', a guy taking out his pistol and shooting his shooter before dying. Except, these were fast jets with no visual engagement.

It wont silence them
They will say pakistan got one from jordan, USA mars and neptune

In end a whole risky event for nothing

A confused India I a better India. Why
give enemies clarity they are begging for? You believe you shot an F16? Keep itching and keep forgetting for an evidence... that's the reward of your lies 😉

Back
Top Bottom