What's new

Why do Indians and Pakistanis keep fighting, instead of seeking peace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not the one dwelling in the past.

The cold blooded murder of 160 innocent civilians cannot be swept under the rug in the guise of 'let bygones be bygones'.

Sure! Let bygones be bygones and let's start making some progress and some compassion. Let's start by having the perpetrators of 26/11 punished. What's stopping you from doing that?

But how's that possible when you take years dithering over whether to grant India the MFN status or not. This when we have given the same to you years, if not decades, back?
dude, the current governments of both countries don't like each other. I don't like our government myself. Most of them are corrupt pigs who build their wealth at the expense of the people. It's the governmet man. When we get better leaders, I assure you they will do the right thing. We know what it feels like to lose innocent life. We have been at a state of war or the past ten years, losing thousands of lives. Stop saying "you" because if I personally controlled the government, the country would not be in the state it is today. And besides, let go of the past. The loss of life is no small matter, but nothing can bring them back. We cannot establish peace until we forgive each other.

If India is a democratic country and they favor democracy so much then why don't they allow democrazy in Kashmir? Why not? Because they know deep down inside their hearts that Kashmir and Kashmiri's would never want to be with India. So before anyone jumps on this post, just answer one question, why not let Kashmiri's decide their fate, whether they want to be with Pakistan and India?
So who is the dictator here? India or Pakistan?
Wrong thread to ask this question. We are not discussing democracy but normalizing relation with each other.
We have good relation with myanmar too which is not a democracy.
Also, pakistan is hardly democracy, so why do we need to have democracy in kashmir (or anywhere else in India) to keep good relation.

If India is a democratic country and they favor democracy so much then why don't they allow democrazy in Kashmir? Why not? Because they know deep down inside their hearts that Kashmir and Kashmiri's would never want to be with India. So before anyone jumps on this post, just answer one question, why not let Kashmiri's decide their fate, whether they want to be with Pakistan and India?
So who is the dictator here? India or Pakistan?

Why Kashmiris?

What's so special about them?

Why didn't my grandparents get the same privilege when a certain Mr. Jinnah unilaterally decided that they had to abandon their land and home and head to a different land?

My maternal uncle was murdered in the mayhem of 1947. Why didn't they get the privilege of a plebiscite and asking Mr. Jinnah and his All India Muslim League to buzz off?

The Kashmiris can at the very most be accorded only as much privilege. Those who want to go to Pakistan can any day pack up and leave.

Let's decide on a date and day when this will happen. Convert LoC into IB and have one time full and final cross-movement of people. Those who want to live in India, can come to Indian Kashmir. Thos who want to join Pakistan can go to Pakistani Kashmir.

It happened in 1947. It can happen again.

What makes the Kashmiris so special?

dude, the current governments of both countries don't like each other. I don't like our government myself. Most of them are corrupt pigs who build their wealth at the expense of the people. It's the governmet man. When we get better leaders, I assure you they will do the right thing. We know what it feels like to lose innocent life. We have been at a state of war or the past ten years, losing thousands of lives. Stop saying "you" because if I personally controlled the government, the country would not be in the state it is today. And besides, let go of the past. The loss of life is no small matter, but nothing can bring them back. We cannot establish peace until we forgive each other.
Your ideas are so naive, in India at least politicians represent us, and our wishes. If India is anti pakistan it is as much to do with politicians as normal citizens.
There is a history behind the enemity, also it is easy to forgive others, difficult to forgive your own brother. :)

Mate, by 'you' I mean the state of Pakistan.

and I can forgive you for killing me. I cannot forgive you for killing someone else. I don't have the right or the authority.

It's all about making the positive start.

Punish those murderers and show that you are serious about peace.

And I understand that you guys have lost many of your dear ones in terrorism but the terrorism in your country cannot be an excuse for your citizens to spread terror in my country.

I'm not responsible to your citizens. I am responsible to my citizens. Your people came and killed my citizens. Punish them and demonstrate your intent for peace.

What makes them so special is that they don't want to be EITHER with india or pakistan. They want complete independence from both!

Why did you not see this desire for independence in 1947 when you deliberately pushed the UNSC to drop the option of 'independence' from the plebiscite?

You do know that as per the UNSC resolution itself, any future plebiscite can have only two options:

1. Join India
2. Join Pakistan

There's no option for independence in the UN resolution itself. The option for independence was removed at YOUR INSISTENCE only.

How then, can such a plebiscite be cited as a representation of the Kashmiris' desire?

On one hand you want them to get independence and on the other hand you don't want to give them the option of 'independence' in the plebiscite?

What is this if not hypocrisy of the highest degree?

Again, that's the governments choice. Unfortunately, our government isn't a good one. And I never said we used terrorism as an excuse in your country. The common people don't really care. All they care about is getting food on te table for dinner for their families. The extremists are different, an you can't blame the entire country for the idiotic acts of a small group of people.

On topic: What you have to keep in mind is that PDF (as far as I have noticed) have right-wingers from both sides. Generally Indians and Pakistanis get along in foreign countries like UK, Canada, US, etc (even if they are not best buddies, they at least dont fight and argue like we do here in PDF :P )

Again, that's the governments choice. Unfortunately, our government isn't a good one. And I never said we used terrorism as an excuse in your country. The common people don't really care. All they care about is getting food on te table for dinner for their families. The extremists are different, an you can't blame the entire country for the idiotic acts of a small group of people.
Nobody is blaming pakistan for everything, those who do are wrong.
The enemity is on both sides (including ordinary citizen). You are talking like a teenage girl for whom the whole world is cute and sweet and a few bad people do bad things sometime. :)

On topic: What you have to keep in mind is that PDF (as far as I have noticed) have right-wingers from both sides. Generally Indians and Pakistanis get along in foreign countries like UK, Canada, US, etc (even if they are not best buddies, they at least dont fight and argue like we do here in PDF :P )

Indians and Pakistanis get along only as long as sensitive topics such as Kashmir or religion etc. don't come into the discussion.

i cant believe people take such discussions seriously-

cm'on guys- chill- like our forefathers our grandchildren will fight each other like this aswell-
we are destined to be doomed together-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom