What's new

Why didn't Russia help India in 1962?

Black Alloy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
I see Indians on here bragging how Russia is such a great friend, but why if they were such amazing friends did they not help India in the 1962 war against China?

Because Russia know that if India become too powerful, than Russians would turn into white servants in India. And they do not want to be Indian servants or beg in Indian airports or drive Indian taxi, so no help for Indians.

I see Indians on here bragging how Russia is such a great friend, but why if they were such amazing friends did they not help India in the 1962 war against China?

Because we did not aske for it. Simple!!

Because Russia know that if India become too powerful, than Russians would turn into white servants in India. And they do not want to be Indian servants or beg in Indian airports or drive Indian taxi, so no help for Indians.

Because we did not aske for it. Simple!!

India did ask for help, from both Russia and America.

Nehru pleaded for US help against China in 1962 - The Times of India

Ironic, since according to India's own internal military report (the Henderson-Brooks report), it was actually India that attacked China, while we were in the middle of the worst famine in our history:

It wasn't China, but Nehru who declared 1962 war - The Times of India

Now don't accuse the Indian Army of spreading Chinese propaganda.

Because we dint have the secret pact with russia to help us incase of war until 1970 and russia was involved in cuban missile crisis.

As a direct response, ignoring the trolls in between

1. The Sino-Soviet split had only just started and was not in full flow yet. Khrushchev had earlier in the year provided Mig - 21 examples and documentation (although incomplete) to China. The real break would only start at the end of the year after the Cuban missile crisis when Mao accused the USSR of being weak sellouts and this split would take on real venom only years later.

2. The conflict happened at the same time as the Cuban missile crisis so Soviet attention was focused on that and its aftermath more than a relatively minor border skirmish.

3. USSR and India had not yet become firm friends. This would only happen in later years.

India did ask for help, from both Russia and America.

Nehru pleaded for US help against China in 1962 - The Times of India

Ironic, since according to India's own internal military report (the Henderson-Brooks report), it was actually India that attacked China, while we were in the middle of the worst famine in our history:

It wasn't China, but Nehru who declared 1962 war - The Times of India

Now don't accuse the Indian Army of spreading Chinese propaganda.

Your realize your argument is self defeating :lol:

Your realize your argument is self defeating :lol:

Not at all.

According to the Indian Army's own internal report, it was India who attacked China.

Then when Nehru realized that India was losing badly, he went to Russia and America pleading for help.

It's all a matter of official record, go and check your own history.

You need to use the net for reading subjects before making statements.

Check the status of India back in 62 as a founder member of NAM was it aligned to any nation then ?

Not at all.

According to the Indian Army's own internal report, it was India who attacked China.

Then when Nehru realized that India was losing badly, he went to Russia and America pleading for help.

It's all a matter of official record, go and check your own history.

LOL. No need. I am well aware of how China planned and attacked India and how nehru's foolish policies gave China the perfect cover and how the Cuban Missile crisis provided the perfect opportunity.

Unlike china, we get to know the truth from multiple sources, and not only from "army internal report" :lol:

Because india is a selfish backstabber, so no other country in their right mind trust india.

Back
Top Bottom