What's new

why did Benazir Bhutto marry Asif Ali Zardari?

chharoonahmad

New Recruit

Reaction score
Hi

Please don't try to hijack this thread to start an anti-Zardari or anti-PPP discussion. Thanks.

I have often wondered that what made Bhutto family to go into a relationship with Zardari family by the marriage of Benazir Bhutto and Asif Zardari. Zardari family wasn't that much rich as compared to the Bhutto. Besides there was no match between B. Bhutto and A. Zardari - they were completely two different persons. What were the primary reasons which made the marriage possible? Please let me know your opinion. Thanks a lot.

In one line love runs blind . so they didn't bother to consider there differences in Family status or educational qualification . its love

2009-08-07-Love-Is-Blind.gif

OK, I will answer this question because of some inside info.

Benazir had a lot of marriage proposals from known families in and out of Pakistan, but all of them wanted her to remain away from politics.

One of the Raja's or nawabs (I forget who exactly) wanted Benazir as his daughter in law, but they did not want her participating in politics at all.

Benazir was adamant that she leads PPP against Gen. Zia and Hakim Zardari was for her participation in politics.

Being a friend of Nusrat Bhutto, Hakim Zardari put forward the proposal and it was accepted though Benazir was reluctant initially.

However, what had to happen, happened.

May be it was the feudal ( and religious preferences ) relations which led to this.

Benazir being who she was, couldn't marry from majority population of Pakistan due to religious preferences.

Eventually it was the greedy, feudal mindset which ZAB perfected and Nusrat loved, which led to this satanic union.

Which since it's happening, has ruined the country.

and please ... lets not have " what had to happen happened excuses"

She let him raise another 3 children.

If she was really that SMART / INTELLIGENT / STRONG woman,

she would NEVER have let this happen.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom