What's new

Why can't Pakistan develop like Japan?

Japan has a huge advantage, that it does not share thousand+ km border with a country who is hell bound to destroy and destablize it.

Pakistan on the other hand is the major victim of Indian sponsored cross-border terrorism.

Add to that corruption in the society, lack of education and things get messy.
Dear Sir,

1.Who created that border in the first place ? :azn:

2. "Indian sponsored cross-border terrorism" is a myth and a very recent policy decision promoted by ISI, only supported by an old clip of Ajit Doval and recent comment of Modi pertaining to 1971 war in Bangladesh. Check with your foreign office whether even a single proof was given of Indian involvement in Balochistan in Sharm el-Sheikh as often claimed by your media. (or I can provide you with a link where PPP spokesperson who happens to be present there refuting any such dossier given to India ) :disagree:

3. Ditto. Everyone will agree :agree:

Good Luck and Eid Mubarak

so if you have everything better than India then why are you not growing faster than India
I never said Pakistan has it better than India, I said Pakistan has a better chance. Unfortunately, Pakistan is squandering it, while India continues to progress by leaps and bounds.

Simple question, what's stopping Pakistan develop and surpass Japan? Been to Japan a few times and it's a amazing country, they are advanced in almost everything. So why can't the countries in Asia try and base their model of development on Japan?

Did you see Japan's debt? thats should probably answer any question you have related to the topic.

Most of your post are off topic, we need focus and stand on the ground.

A few hints,
First, stick to current geo politicals, boost effiency and clear up hurdles on the Pak-China econ corriders and push harder, Be pro active and never reactive in this econ relationship with China, this is a golden window once in several century.
Secondly, relocate national budget to education especially the college/professional education and free up human resourses, estabilish big hands firms, we could be as good as India and Philippines in code writing and outsourcing, and as Indonesia in manufacturing.
In other innititives, establish high profile ABC agency and make corruption the enemy of state. work with internatinal community to stablize the region.

Follow the spirt the faith, patriotism.
USA ain't give a damn to Japan may be few humanity projects right after war, Japan even doesn't have mineral sources like other countries they have forests but still exporting trees from Indonesia etc. Their system is so perfect and it's not after losing war they made ( may be few amendments regarding armed forces ) @Nihonjin1051! What make them rise even after nuked and losing war was a spirt a faith ( Samurai Spirt ) and all started from small small companies with big projects Automobiles to Electronic day past day more small companies related and connected with those projects, as demand rises production open new factories new opportunities and so on......income rise tax collecting rise, import export rise etc and for all that Pakistanis need to be work like Japanese and level like Workaholics or electrical humans, it was not such easy as we think one of their early generation after war worked 12 to 18 hours for money for country.

Things like stability helps. Can't develop if terrorists keep bombing road and factories.

One of the main reason why Japan was able to develop and China couldn't is Japan was much more stable domestically.

First off, I never said Pakistan would or should copy Japan's method, that would be terrible idea, all I'm talking about are results.

Next, population is a major issue. India has to cope with over a billion people, Pakistan only has to deal with a sixth of that. If both nations grow at the same pace, Pakistan will have an easier time, simply due to a lower birth rate. Pakistan also has a somewhat centralized system, where as India leaves a lot of economic policies to individual states.

Anyway, it's a huge topic, one that I'm not suited to discuss. I only know the very basics, so I can't elaborate any further. The main thing is tax collection, which has become a major issue in Pakistan. The next government (if not this) will guarantee increase the tax base and increase domestic revenue streams
You do know that the Indian fertility rate is much lower than Pakistan right? Anyways, I am sure that Pak can fix the tax collection issues, that is not the hard part. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom