What's new

Whts diffrence between F-16 n Typhoon?

Is this question serious? You can look at the specifications and read through the forums and you particularly find differences between the two fighters

F-16 is the AE 86 Corolla, whereas the ef2000 is the new LAmborghini Reventon. but so is the price.

Does anyone see us getting the typhoon in the future??

I don't think so.It's very expensive...but its one of the best Air Superiority Fighter!

but we may be getting "typhoon" type FC20 in future having TVC engine and AESA Radar.
regarding F16 & typhoon, both of them are one of the most potent fighters of their era but typhoon is a 4.5th generation (having super cruise, Captor etc) whereas F16 is a 4th generation

go to wikedipia and type 4th generation and 4.5 generation aircrafts and u'll have your answer...
the major difference between 4th and 4.5 gen are the avionics .. the desighn is contemporary.. on the other hand the design also completely changes in 5th gen

*f16 was the basic concept[70s design] on which eurofighter design was started.. then enjines and canards were ellaborated.. very costly.....

*j10[considerable less price] might reach the specs of eurofighter in coming 5years.. j10 was also started after close study of f16 and lavi

*f18superhornet, rafale, grippen ng , su30/35are the other jets in this category.

**4th gen
in f16 category , others are jf17,lca,grippen,tornado,mirage2000,mig29 etc

Last edited:
F-16 is the AE 86 Corolla, whereas the ef2000 is the new LAmborghini Reventon. but so is the price.

No you are completely wrong there dude!
F-16 way too big and has too many tuned up variants to be an AE86, it is more like the old Nissan R-32 Skyline GT-R, Typhoon is like the new Nissan R35 GT-R. Typhoon/R35 are bigger and heavier but much faster than their predecessors because they are far more advanced. The basis of their agility is the same as in the older jet/car (the ATTESA ET-S four wheel drive system for the cars, the unstable airframe and fly by wire system for the jets), but the newer jet/car are more advanced, they are bigger and heavier but still have higher performance than the old jet/car. Of course R35's tuned versions are more expensive than R32's tuned models, so is Typhoon compared to F-16.

Sarghodian Eagle, if you want to learn about F-16 and Typhoon, why ask people here? You can find out yourself by using Google and Wikipedia.

Read these articles, they will tell you everything you need to know and more:
F-16 Fighting Falcon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Eurofighter Typhoon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think this thread can be locked now unless you want to argue about the car analogies spurdozer. :cool: I notice you're in Saudi, do you see many Honda NSX there, or just big flashy stupidly-expensive European supercars?

Last edited:
No you are completely wrong there dude!
F-16 way too big and has too many tuned up variants to be an AE86, it is more like the old Nissan R-32 Skyline GT-R, Typhoon is like the new Nissan R35 GT-R. Typhoon/R35 are bigger and heavier but much faster than their predecessors because they are far more advanced. The basis of their agility is the same as in the older jet/car (the ATTESA ET-S four wheel drive system for the cars, the unstable airframe and fly by wire system for the jets), but the newer jet/car are more advanced, they are bigger and heavier but still have higher performance than the old jet/car. Of course R35's tuned versions are more expensive than R32's tuned models, so is Typhoon compared to F-16.

Sarghodian Eagle, if you want to learn about F-16 and Typhoon, why ask people here? You can find out yourself by using Google and Wikipedia.

Read these articles, they will tell you everything you need to know and more:
F-16 Fighting Falcon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Eurofighter Typhoon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I think this thread can be locked now unless you want to argue about the car analogies spurdozer. :cool: I notice you're in Saudi, do you see many Honda NSX there, or just big flashy stupidly-expensive European supercars?

Man I was just roughly trying to explain to our sargodhan buddy. Well at the moment I am in paksitan, but will be back soon. I have seen many SLR's here. A beast of a car. ETERNAL BEAUTY.

Back
Top Bottom